Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b dohc built head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    XTD is crap. That exact clutch is what put my cb7 out of commission (ended up being permanent, due to an unrelated incident). At the very least, use an oem throwout bearing. The xtd one will most likely seize on you.

B series cam gears? Why?

The H22 has FRM cylinder walls. Very delicate, and difficult if not impossible to repair when damaged. A scored cylinder wall may mean that block is useless without an expensive resleeve. If you’re interested in boost, now is the time to beef up that block for it.
    If you’re building another block, I wouldn’t use parts that have been in a failed build. That used ring had seen the wrong end of a cylinder wall. I doubt it would seal properly.
    Don’t cut corners on things that will be expensive or frustrating to correct if they fail.
    the f22b uses pt2 cam gears and they are different from any f20b h23 h22 h23a1 yet they are the exact same tooth count as the b series. the b series cam gears are a tiny bit wider and might rub the plastic shield inside so im not going to run one
    No marathon gets easier later. ...

Comment

Interesting. I haven’t heard that before!

Comment

need over sized pistons

so I figured out the block need oversized pistons the other day so I thinking about going
        12:1 aris pistons and cheap eBay rods

does anyone have any input ? most rods are made in the same factory overseas so I don't see the need to spend $$ for name brand ones

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arias-86mm-...ZYmdwQ&vxp=mtr<--- pistons

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Racing-...lXxQA1&vxp=mtr<---rods

Comment

Are you planning on revving higher than the stock limit? If so, I’d avoid cheap rods.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Are you planning on revving higher than the stock limit? If so, I’d avoid cheap rods.
            would I be better off running the stock rods with arp 2000 rod bolts

I think we get the arp 2000 rod bolts from a gsr rite?

Comment

Not sure about gsr bolts. I’ve never heard that before.
              Honestly, neither stock nor cheap rods are a great idea, but i would probably feel more comfortable with stock rods and good bolts.

Honestly though, you’d be better off just getting quality forged rods if you want to rev high. The cost of the damage that would be done from a failed rod at high rpm will be much greater than the cost of just building it right the first time.

Comment

If you are getting pistons might as well get rods. hit up arias pistons they have 12:1 pistons also they can get you a deal on rods. Over all you are looking at atleast 1100$ for both befor machine work. Also arp makes rod bolts for the f22a/b. They are the ones you use for this motor. The bottom end is all f22a/b parts besides the pistons and lower timing cog. Everything else is all f22a/b.
                Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 05-09-2018, 12:28 AM.

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                X