CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #41
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
OP has said he will probably get a macco job which isn't bad, i'd never let them do bodywork/prep seening how i can do my own. My celica was macco'd it's in bad shape (Was little brothers first car) now but i can tell they didn't even scuff up the paint before shooting it.

As for rustoleum if you are not going to put in the work (As i posted a link to a wonderful rustoleum job earlier) go with plasti dip.

02 Crv
02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #42
Dizzy
Newcomer

Dizzy is cool... so far.
Well, i was originally ready to take a week and just sand and paint her, but now i'm in the headlights of getting a job, so time will be cut down, That and it's fall here and the air is getting colder at night so it will just kill the rustoleum. I've heard the Plasti-Dip goes both ways. I've seen some amazing work like the Audi and the Supra, but i've seen some cars that after 3 years, the dip is just torn from every angle. My question would be, could i clear coat the Plasti-Dip to preserve the looks even longer?
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #43
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I'm sure you could. They have plenty of different products.

If you know how to do proper prep work yourself, I would do that, and then have the car sprayed professionally at Maaco. The good thing about the approaching winter is that they often run sales. At least they do around me. I got the $500 "Presidential" job for $250 in winter. I ended up paying another $400 or so for proper prep work, though (which is why it came out nice.) If you can do the prep, the spraying can be had cheap... and if you're good at the prep work, you could end up with an even better result than I got.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #44
Dizzy
Newcomer

Dizzy is cool... so far.
The grill has a checkerboard print stickered on. The inside door panels also have a checkered cloth poorly installed. Until I'm getting paid, I just have to let all of that sit as is. But eventually I want to put in some mahogany wood panels in replace of those, and a matching steering wheel. All to match my Momo Shift knob. Wood grain inside would be clean as f*. But the interior will get done after the paint. The interior isn't black, it's a nasty maroon color, which i wouldn't mind, but it's worn and really needs replacing. So my plans are to Paint, then tear out the interior, maybe put some bridge seats in, or find some nice leather to put in. That or just find leather to put in front and back. Then the carpeting will need to be changed to black from the original maroon. My goals aren't to really mod the car out yet. It's just to get it feeling brand new on the outside and in. I was thinking about doing a H22 swap, but they did a swap and put a stock back in with 100k so for now that will do. When i am painting the car, i will definitely keep it posted.

ALSO, when i'm painting it, i may black out the tail-lights with Nite-Shades. Any better route?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #45
Amiss
CB7tuner Member

Amiss is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
I'm sure you could. They have plenty of different products.

If you know how to do proper prep work yourself, I would do that, and then have the car sprayed professionally at Maaco. The good thing about the approaching winter is that they often run sales. At least they do around me. I got the $500 "Presidential" job for $250 in winter. I ended up paying another $400 or so for proper prep work, though (which is why it came out nice.) If you can do the prep, the spraying can be had cheap... and if you're good at the prep work, you could end up with an even better result than I got.
Did you pay maaco to do the prep work or someone else?
Amiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
Dizzy
Newcomer

Dizzy is cool... so far.
Thanks Deev. I really haven't done much paint prep, but alot of my family has, and they're all lined up to help me get this done, I need to go buy some bondo because the trunk had a spoiler on it and i popped that off, so i need to cover up those damn holes. Someday this car will be pretty i swear.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #47
Charlie240sxt
CB7tuner Member

Charlie240sxt is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Charlie240sxt
If you clear coat the plasi dip it won't peel off vary easy check YouTube for Video but they have gloss dip and clear dip
1991 240sx current paper weight for sale
Have a 240sx Q ask me
Sorry I just think body kits are ***.
Still lurking around......

Last edited by Charlie240sxt; 10-08-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Charlie240sxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #48
erknee916
CB7tuner Member

erknee916 may have said something they shouldn't have...
I like the vinyl wrap option. Make it flat black and it'll look bad ass
erknee916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap , diy , paint , rustoleum

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: