CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
android_proball
CB7tuner Member

Location: From the IE -- Riverside, Moreno Valley, Perris, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Temecula
android_proball is cool... so far.
How to remove and replace rear mount

Hi All

I am going to Fill my motor mounts. I know how to access the torque mount, but I do not know how to get to the rear mount. I need some help. If anyone could post a picture, tips and suggestions, or even the link to a DIY I really appreciate it. I've tried searching, but I can never figure out how to get what I'm looking for

Thanks in advance!
android_proball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
android_proball
CB7tuner Member

Location: From the IE -- Riverside, Moreno Valley, Perris, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Temecula
This is messed up yo! I don't really want to remove the intake.. It looks so intimidating
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
19dabeast85
CB7tuner Member

19dabeast85 is cool... so far.
It can be done from below. You will need to disconnect the front torque mount and possibly the exhaust from the cat. The driver's side engine mount and tranny mount will "twist" enough that you can jack the back of the engine up allowing extra room to work. It's three bolts down into the subframe and one across through the rear engine mount arm.

You will still undo the bolts from the top, extensions and creative thinking will get you to them. You can remove the mountitself from the bottom after removing all the bolts and jacking up the rear of the block. If you're automatic don't forget to unplug the vacuum tube going to the rear mount.

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.
19dabeast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
Losiracer2
CB7tuner Member

Losiracer2 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Losiracer2
If you have an EX 5spd, good luck, I had the most difficult time trying to get my mount fixed. I ended up kinking the heater core outlet and inlets and lets just say that one motor mount replacement turned into me having to remove the entire dash, just to get the heater core fixed.

There literally isn't a way to get that big bulky mount out short of taking off the intake mani. which may seem like a headache, but its definitely a lot easier to remove 9 bolts than it is to take the entire dash out.

But the Automatics and the LX/DX 5spds are more forgiving. It is possible to remove those without having to get the IM off. Just like people above said, undo the front torque mount, stick a jack with a block of wood under the engine and jack up on it slightly to give more space to get it out.

member's ride thread
93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
97' Lexus LS400 292k miles.....Luxury Cruiser DD
89' SEi Coupe 42k miles one owner museum find
89' Accord SEi
Losiracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
android_proball
CB7tuner Member

Awesome! Yeah I own an automatic. I CAN refil the rear mount with poly, right?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
19dabeast85
CB7tuner Member

19dabeast85 is cool... so far.
Sure, you can fill anything with poly. If you're looking for more power to the ground quicker you will love the poly filled mounts. If you hate engine vibrations inside the cabin you will hate the poly filled mounts. They will transfer more vibrations to the interior.

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.
19dabeast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
android_proball
CB7tuner Member

Could I use an insert and poly-fill combo?

Like buy a new insert, and then lace some poly around the insert on both sides? My theory is I'll get the resistance of the new insert, and the stability of the poly...
Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
C91BLX7
CB7tuner Member

C91BLX7 is very helpful C91BLX7 is very helpful C91BLX7 is very helpful
I wouldn't fill them on an ouchomatic.. Redlights are going to shake your fillings out.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
android_proball
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C91BLX7 View Post
I wouldn't fill them on an ouchomatic.. Redlights are going to shake your fillings out.

Oh? So just stick with the insert replacements?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
nyc/cb7
Newcomer

nyc/cb7 is cool... so far.
i am about to do my mounts also, this is just motivating me to get my h22 swap done asap so i would never have to worry about my ex rear mount.
nyc/cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
android_proball
CB7tuner Member

H22 doesn't need a rear mount or what? ^^

Tags
diy , rear motor mount

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: