Seat Belt System not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt System not working

I have a 91 accord equipted with the automatic seat belt system and suddenly the whole system stoped working. No bell sound, no seat belt light indicator on dash and the automatic seat belt buckle retractor does not work on both sides. I have change the seat belt module thats found underneath the front passenger seat and no luck. I have also checked every fuse found in the car and all appears good. If any one here knows this problem, any information pertaining to a fix solution would be highly appreciated. After all, no seat belts = sure ticket (fine). THANKS...

Does the dome light come on when you open the door? You might look at the door switch.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

did you know the door switch isnt related to the seatbelt system? There is another switch intergrated into the door lock hindge in the door.

Check all fuses.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Dude I had this issue years ago. <<<<<Check all fuses>>>>>

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

isnt there a way you can slide the belt all the way to the regular position?
          I've been using only a lapbelt for awhile because the shoulder part is stuck by the windshield.

The Honda dealership has a recall on our automatic seatbelts. Maybe they can fix yours for free.

Comment

Thank you all for a speedy reply into my seat belt problem. I went on all last night googleling more information and realized that this has been a common problem to the 90 and 91 only accord models. Anyway, I went back to the car this morning and something told me to check the fuse block, (for the third time), inside the motor compartment and found a 7.5 amp blown fuse indicating Radio Backup. Changed the fuse and now the seat belts work flawlessly.

Comment

Working...
            X