Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best cheap suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cheap suspension?

Hey all, I can't post under "suspension" maybe because i'm a fairly new member? Anyways, my suspension is stock and the front driver side is blown (squeaks over bumps) what's a fairly good suspension that isn't going to break my bank? I don't want stock, I'd rather something that can help me take corners and increase stability. I'm going to need a front strut bar as well but not too sure which are good and which are the equivalent of a shower rod. I know it's a lot to ask but any suggestions would be good, i'm working a full time job but don't make a whole lot of money hopefully someone else here who can relate, I love my CB with all my heart and want to make her shine again.

Unfortunately suspension is one of those areas that you can't cheap out in. Even a lower end setup is still going to run you $500. Even then you likely won't be as low as you want. It's not beyond you to look around to see what prices are. Just stay away from the no-name crap and you'll be okay with your stated goals.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

here we go again... lol
      you should start your reading here http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178582

it will give you a good idea of the basics

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
        here we go again... lol
        you should start your reading here http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178582

it will give you a good idea of the basics
        This is a good place for me to start, i appreciate it my friend

Comment

no problem its good reading

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Don't forget to get an alignment. ].
            MY MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Im with Jarrett on this completely. But...When you can't afford to go all out on your suspension, just wait & stack your chips (money, not Pringles, dammit) and get the better stuff.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
              Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

the squeaking is most likely coming from your worn upper strut mount bushings. These can be had for about 2 bucks a bushing from Honda.

You'll need a total of 8 bushings for front/rear. I think the rears are different than the fronts.

My DD's suspension used to creak over all types of bumps because the rubber was hard and petrified being over 20 yrs old.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

this is about as cheap as i would go . http://performance.importrp.com/toki...k/g-50654.aspx
                  Last edited by Accord problems; 08-26-2013, 11:39 AM.
                  this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                  How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                  Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

on that same website, you can get Koni STR-T's all around (a much better shock than Tokico's) for $273 and H&R Race or sport springs for $240. That setup will lower it 2" (for the races) or 1.5-1.75" (for the sports) for a total of $513 plus shipping.

for $100 more, you can grab a set of ground control coilover sleeves and get height adjustability with quality springs.

To take corners better, you are going to want at least an upgraded rear sway bar. The progress is the stiffest one you can get for our chassis and it eliminates most if not all understeer and body roll.

For a tower bar, I would look up the "Sprint" strut tower bar on ebay, they are about $45 and are the same solid-mount design as the now-discontinued Neuspeed bar.
                    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 08-26-2013, 01:03 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by Strifecore View Post
                      Hey all, I can't post under "suspension" maybe because i'm a fairly new member? Anyways, my suspension is stock and the front driver side is blown (squeaks over bumps) what's a fairly good suspension that isn't going to break my bank? I don't want stock, I'd rather something that can help me take corners and increase stability. I'm going to need a front strut bar as well but not too sure which are good and which are the equivalent of a shower rod. I know it's a lot to ask but any suggestions would be good, i'm working a full time job but don't make a whole lot of money hopefully someone else here who can relate, I love my CB with all my heart and want to make her shine again.
                      don't forget your local junk yard i picked my ebiach proline springs with kyb struts sitting inside them for $75 for all for corners the struts lasted a little over a year but i still have a good set of springs . they are getting replaced with BWR coil overs after we swap out the caps i pulled out of a donor prelude i picked up off of craigslist which is another good place too look for suspension for a couple hundred dollars . it helps alot too know your interchange list when going too the junk yard or using craigslist . i got my original suspension off a newer Acura cl and the newer is coming from the prelude. use your legs wheels and fingers too get the best prices on parts don't just wait on a delivery. i know your pain married with children working full time trying too keep your beloved cb running
                      CB7TUNER.com
                      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                        ebiach proline springs with kyb struts sitting inside them
                        thats not a good idea ( my personnel opinion ) . the matching of spring's and struts should be left to the experts . OP don't just through miss matched parts from a junk yard on your car . if you do go to a junk yard get oem parts that's are good not mixed . getting mixed part's like that is dangerous and can hurt or kill you and others.
                        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

it was a matched set i didn't mix n match parts nor did i tell him too but isn't doing any kind of swap be it suspension or motor or brake mismatching factory parts
                          CB7TUNER.com

Comment

ebiach proline springs with kyb struts do not go together . kyb is a stock replacement strut . ebiach i don't even think they support our cars weight may be a civic or a da .

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                              ebiach proline springs with kyb struts do not go together . kyb is a stock replacement strut . ebiach i don't even think they support our cars weight may be a civic or a da .
                              i clearly stated they came off a acura cl which is close enough too a accord and is one of the cars used on this forum for brake swaps so your saying the cl is good enough too stop us but not good enough too hold us up ?
                              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Working...
                              X