Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

traction becomes an issue after 3500hp!

Comment

That's almost equal to one unicorn power.
      I think the stigmas attached to a lot of the cars in this price and sorta power range make them less attractive to me. Like a z06. I respect the car when I see it but have little to no respect for the base corvette especially an auto. Alot of people could not tell one from the other.
      The demon looks like a challenger and if you know the difference you understand the f*** off stigma attached.
      I respect the same silver haired guy who bought it for the same reason as he would have a vette a lot more. All go less show.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Only knocking on 12s with 4000 HP?
        He's got the driver mod... Didn't realize how terrible of an upgrade it was when he got it...
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I wasn't even aware of the old Demon! Actually, now that you mention it, vaguely...
          I think this is more than fitting, though. Although I am a bit sad that we never saw a Dart SRT-4.
          We probably will never see one since they are making too much money off the hellcats demons and then soon the trackhawk which will be the one to go for if you have kids.

I don't think they'll ever introduce the dart Srt4 which is sad because Honda came out with their new si smh and then there's the Type R waaay overpriced. Then Chevrolet is quiet but here's the thing ever notice that ford is killing it with the focus st? There's a ton of them everywhere you go now there's not enough love going around for the sport compacts.

Comment

The Dart, along with the 200 are no longer manufactured. Even if you put 300hp in the Dart the chassis doesn't support SRT requirements. Too heavy mostly.

Comment

The Dart was less than 200lbs more than the Neon SRT4. Almost exactly the same as the Caliber SRT4. The Dart would have been good for 280-300hp.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The Dart was less than 200lbs more than the Neon SRT4. Almost exactly the same as the Caliber SRT4. The Dart would have been good for 280-300hp.
                It actually weighs about 300lbs more than a Neon SRT-4. Ask anybody, the Caliber was a huge disappointment. 15 years ago the SRT-4 was fast (5.2s 0-60), the newer more powerful Caliber was a half second slower at 5.7s. A 2015 Camry V6 has the same 0-60 as the CSRT-4 to put current times into perspective. A Dart SRT would probably weigh 150-200lbs more than a base car. Turbo goods, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, beefier drive train, bigger stereo. So now you have a 3300-3400 car that has 300hp. Welcome to the 200S V6 FWD that also has the exact same 0-60 as the CSRT-4. That concludes the Dart would need substantially more power to be considered to be an SRT because it would have to be substantially faster than a 200. Or Camry better yet... Let's say you make it 400hp. Awesome, solid. Well the reason the CSRT-4 wasn't 350hp (like it was originally supposed to be) was because of torque steer. Ok, we'll use EPS to counter that. But now you have a heavy FWD car that is only good for going straight. Sounds like a Buick Regal to me. I could keep listing reasons and logic, but there are many thoroughly thought through reasons of why a Dart SRT-4 never happened and it's mostly because the base chassis is too heavy.

Comment

I honestly think it would have been a great contender but the ford focus st is stealing the younger crowd and the older crowd even the speed three is being driven by the older crowd. Im like damn dodge and chevy do something.

Comment

@ 10:40:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                    X