Why I bought my first CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I bought my first CB7

I forgot to introduce myself in the beginner off-topic thread, so here I go. I'm Amtec. phew... that was a long winded intro. I'm not very interesting so lets move on to why I bought a CB7 instead. Pull up a chair kids, its time for The Tale of Betzi. So I had a friend, this friend of mine was pretty much irrelevant to the story as he was in his basement playing video games and had no idea what was going on outside. I had this other friend, who is no longer a friend. I call him a douche rather than a friend nowadays. So my friend who plays video games all day, his dad owned a 1991 Honda Civic Sedan (EF sedan) with a manual transmission and an unsightly brown color with rust holes along one of the doors. My friend's dad had it passed down from his older brother in 96' and he affectionately called this car "Betzi". He already had 3 other cars, and his wife was urging him to get rid of the most unsightly of the 4, the loud one that was leaving oil stains everywhere, the one which was rod-knocking like crazy. I wanted it, I wanted to save it. Here in Canada you're more likely to see pigs fly than see any car older than 1998. The owner wanted to give it away free to a good home. So my other douche friend ran infront of me and got its ownership papers and title and whatnot from the owner before I could. He doesnt even like these cars, He says he'd rather be caught dead than caught in a honda or toyota. He just wanted to learn to drive stick and be done with it. One day my douche friend tried to impress girls in the car by doing a burnout... in a rodknocking car with 450,000 km on it... The result? Because its a honda engine it held up, knocking got louder, Betzi drank more oil than gas. My douche friend's dad loved the car and tried to drive it to work only to have it blow up in the driveway. It was then towed away and kept in a garage for months until it was finally scrapped. The worst part? my douche friend never told me what really happened, to my knowledge, the car disappeared from his driveway for a filter change, a month passes by, my friend assures me that Betzi is okay and the mechanic is just busy and the civic isnt a priority. Had I known what happened I would have had the ownership transferred, swapped in a D16A6 or something, and had the bodywork done to fix the rust, the douches dad wanted to gift it to me because he knew I liked it alot, his son wanted $500 while it was still running because douche. Instead the car ended up being sent to the junkyard, and so died the last EF sedan I had ever seen. The previous owner was devastated as he wanted it to go to a good home where it would be repaired or at least babied until it finally died. The douche still thinks im stupid and weird for falling in love with "some worthless rusty shitbox". Smh these people will never understand.

Later on I was hunting for an EF for sale, I really liked EF sedans, The reliability, the double wishbones, the driving feel, everything! I found one for $300, went to go see it, power steering died during the test drive, the muffler fell off, and so did the drivers side door. engine was also burning oil.
    and then I spotted this beautiful white car on Kijiji, reminiscent of an EF, it was a CB7!! Her bumper was a little broken, and it was an automatic but who cared!! $400, 170,000 km, plus old hondamatics shift harshly which is certainly a more fun experience than todays CVT trannys. CB7's are legendary, consistently known to hit a million miles with good maintenance, more power than an EF, same suspension, similar driving feel, and best of all, this one wouldnt blow up in the driveway at 450,000 km like poor Betzi. Remember how I said in canada theres no car older than 98 on the roads? Well, except one, The CB7, in all its glory, I see them all the time. someone stopped my dad when he was driving my CB7 (of which I named Daisy to honor the original EF owner in a way) and told him about CB7Tuner, didnt catch the guys name, If it was one of you, speak up! it was in Toronto, the car was a white CB7 with black bumpers and a black bowtie hood ornament. This concludes my long ass story.

Betty and Betzi died for our sins

You're not a bad story teller; I find myself wanting to punch Douche square in the nose for what he did to Betzi

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I always liked the ef sedan. Clean design and less common in the tuner world than the ef hatch I and four other of my friends had plus two crx's. What a simple beautiful platform with the suspension possibly being the best part. Pretty well over built for a car that weight, I threw mine around like I was shooting a dukes of hazard reboot and the car loved it.
      I always liked the cb styling and sorta wanted one. The first one I got was given to me, a 93 ex auto. I did zero mods just a-b type car. I'm seriously not an automatic fan. I had lots of parts I could have put on it just was not inspired personally. Eventually in turn gave that car to a friend. My second cb was traded to me by my father in-law. As seen in sig. He had by chance put an f22 a6 in it just to keep it on the road type swap. Over the course of a couple years I gathered an a6 type header, pt6 ecu and everything else he didn't change over. After changing every suspension component on the car I put another f22a6 in it and gave it to my brother in law. So now running stronger than ever the front bumper was knocked off by a pizza guy and insurance totaled it out. My father in law now has it back and after he has any car for a year it looks as good as it can. I'm guessing body work, paint and new j/y sourced interior and I'll start angleing for another trade. Can't wait
      Last edited by cb7 calling; 05-09-2017, 07:15 AM.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
      X