• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Custom Indiglo Gauges

http://www.geocities.com/hondalover11279/indiglo2.html

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

i didnt make this up some one else did it does look kinda cheesy lol but i fugured some one will try it and tell us how it works

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Um....That is MY site. it works great.

The only reason there are not any night pics is because I am in the middle of doing a motor swap.

It will be a month or so till I get to finish.
      Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 03-05-2004, 08:52 PM.
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

whats the black spray paint for?
        I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

So if I do an orange color, my needles and numbers (MPH) will light up orange?

I want that BMW orange look

Comment

Originally posted by 93akorddse
            whats the black spray paint for?
            If you buy a 'Streetglow" black light. (and most others) the end caps are clear and the blacklight makes them glow. but IMO it was too bright. so I painted them.

Originally posted by do0dfromcali
            So if I do an orange color, my needles and numbers (MPH) will light up orange?
            I want that BMW orange look
            I used a black light so the needles glow kinda purple/blueish. I don't see why they wouldn't glow orange if you used an orange neon in place of the blacklight neon. As for the numbers, use orange bulbs (as described on page 2 of the DIY).

Anymore questions. Just let me know.
            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the info

Comment

Mine....
                Attached Files

Comment

nope.

it is impossible to have an amber color on our stock gauges

why? because the numbers on the faces actually have built in aqua coating, which you cannot remove because it's actually part of the numbers/ ticks

the only thing you can do is mix and match colors (i.e. what I did...put yellow sticky tape behind the numbers, hence yellow + aqua= green) so it matched the color of my car. Anything darker in color and you're going to have a hard time reading numbers at night. I just used the large wedge bulbs and replaced the stock 194 bulbs with them. Now my stock cluster is brighter than my old indiglos, all with the stock look in the daytime.

My members ride thread

Comment

What about red?

Comment

Originally posted by do0dfromcali
                      What about red?
                      like I said, you can figure it out yourself

if there's turquoise blue backing build into the gauges, what color mixed with turquoise blue= red? Yeah, it's not really doable

I used yellow stickies behind the gauges, so turquoise + yellow = light green

you can figure it out

My members ride thread

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
                          nope.

it is impossible to have an amber color on our stock gauges

why? because the numbers on the faces actually have built in aqua coating, which you cannot remove because it's actually part of the numbers/ ticks

the only thing you can do is mix and match colors (i.e. what I did...put yellow sticky tape behind the numbers, hence yellow + aqua= green) so it matched the color of my car. Anything darker in color and you're going to have a hard time reading numbers at night. I just used the large wedge bulbs and replaced the stock 194 bulbs with them. Now my stock cluster is brighter than my old indiglos, all with the stock look in the daytime.

Sorry to kill your buzz man but I have orange/amber on mine and they are STOCK I will post pics ASAP.

Take your cluster out. pull the 194 bulbs out and replace them with orange/amber bulbs from any parts store and tell me what color they light your guages.
                          Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 04-27-2004, 08:01 PM.
                          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ya definitly post some pictures. I want to get the BMW orange look

Comment

Sorry for lack of pics guys. as most of you knwo I dont have that car anymore. but I should be getting another CB7 soon. and will start all over with mods. I WILL post pics when I do this mod.
                              !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X