Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine/trans chassis identification???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine/trans chassis identification???

So I purchased a full changeover H22A from Hmotorsonline (item#30017) and it came with a plastic shifter box, and p0F ecu, mated to a t2w4 trans...

Is there any way I could find out with certainty that this came from a 94-97 Accord SiR? Perhaps identifying markings and or serial numbers on different parts?

The T2W4 is the LSD transmission from the Accord Euro-R released in Japan, I'm unclear if that is the same as a CD SiR. Honestly the Swap FAQ probably has quite a bit of info related to your question but you may have to sift through the posts to find what you're looking for. It's been a big help to have all of that info in one place.

Comment

I’m sure you could call Steve at HMO and he would happily answer that question for you. Especially if you mention you are part of cb7tuner. We bring him lots of buisness
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

According to the part number (#30017) it's a full H22 change over from a 92-95 Prelude Si VTEC. The Accord H22A actually make a bit less power than the Prelude ones (187 vs 197). The P0F was the Accord SiR auto ECU however. So you may want to contact HMO and see. Because according to their site, #30017 should come with a manual P13 ECU.

I'm assuming you got the LSD upgrade? The M2B4 was the specific LSD transmission that came with the earlier H22As, but the T2W4 from the Euro R is probably easier to find now, and actually generally more sought after.

That plastic shift box is probably from the Euro R, and came paired with the T2W4. You'll just want to use the OEM CB box and cables.

Comment

Indeed I opted for the t2w4 trans as a recommendation for a faster revving engine and supposedly quicker launch. I'm unable to see how this thing runs yet as I am still having issues with it, but that is for a diff thread. I feel like the trans upgrade from what normally comes with it is a reason it came as it did with different ecu and perhaps the SiR or CD H22A!? I still dont know.

I did hear one can find out from a stamp on the block? It has HMO all over the place so I'll start looking around for those stamped markings.

Comment

What is a plastic shifter box lol?

I have the Euro-R but mine came with a "PCD" ECU..

What tune do you have on that ECU? because if the SIR is anything like
            the Euro-R it might have a higher compression which it will need a
            completely different fuel map compared to the normal H22 mapping.

This is what I have found in order to get my Euro-R to run correctly,
            now she is a beast!
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

& I think there are stampings/markings on the head that can indicate what
              engine it might be?
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Talked to Steve @Hmotorsonline, he said my motor came off a JDM 94 Accord SiR, and the trans came off a euro-r, indeed it was an off yellow plastic shifter box, opposed to the metal CB variety.

In order to get everything put in the stock mounting locations, I used a USDM 93 Accord shifter box from a local junkyard with the cables and trans mounting bracket.

As for the ecu, it came with a poF, and what I ended up using was a chipped and tuned p28. My buddy just gave it to me in exchange for the poF so the local tuner could troubleshoot and tune my swap easier.

Comment

Working...
                X