Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bodywork Done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodywork Done...

First time doing bodywork, so don't be harsh. I included that last picture because I posted in a thread about water getting into a members trunk. I found my problem was one of the plugs was missing. One is above the muffler, on the inside of where one side of the bumper mounts. The other one is direcly across from it on the opposite side. I just tacked mine so it wouldn't get water in it.
    Anyway, now that I have the pics figured out I will post pics of my ride asap.

good job man, if the rear quarters are looking like that, you might want to probe with a screwdriver in the wheel well in front of the wheels, you might find its paper thin there. did you use tiger hair for your repair, ill be doing pretty much the same thing and using that and final coat with regular bondo, mine is so bad that i might have to rivet in some metal or use fiberglass as a base and tigerhair/bondo over that.

Comment

The body work is done for the next year and a half. That much Bondo is never good. I would have used patch panels from a better condition Accord or aftermarket replacement.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It looks worse than it really is. I agree I should have used some patch panels but this was all done in a hurry because my inspection was going to run out. Plus, all the cb's around here are rusted out in the same spot so i'm shit outta luck. I got lucky. This is ALL the rust on my car and i'm in Nova Scotia. Anyway, I'm going to post some other pictures soon, but theres not much to show. Right now she's pretty much factory.

Comment

And in my defense, theres not alot of body fill in that thisd picture. It's mostly primer before I put the paint on...

Comment

How'd ya make out with the ns mvi?
            My work in progress!

Comment

good work on the quarters, i myself had to replace mine 3 years ago, nice to see yet another cb7 in nova scotia....

Comment

Working...
              X