91 accord h22 swap won't start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freshagen View Post
    when you say out of time, do you mean my timing? when I put my timing belt on, I just put the crank to tdc and the cams to tdc and slipped the belt on. so it should be timed.

I only tried number one. would it make a difference at 2 3 or 4?

I also switched out the ignition module as well and ... nothing.
    it dosent always happen like that...with the single cams yes but the twins no...when u do the timing the side faceing the front of the car has to be sooo tight as much as u can..because when u tension it the side were the water pump is the side that gets tight not the other side...if u try to tension the belt with slack on the front side it will pull the timeing completly off..i say try the timing again and also get a new/used known working dizzy.

my new turbo build

Comment

i'll most def try that today. but even if my timing was off, wouldn't I still be able to get a spark to bridge from the wire to a grounded bolt??
      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Freshagen View Post
        i'll most def try that today. but even if my timing was off, wouldn't I still be able to get a spark to bridge from the wire to a grounded bolt??
        sometimes yes but not all the time..iv had this happen a few times...but dont try to do it to the bolt go right to the sorce and try the - terminal.its the strongest point of a ground....also did u try to even change tthe coil pack?

my new turbo build

Comment

i thought you couldnt use the h23 injectors on the cb7...
          K20z3

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
            sometimes yes but not all the time..iv had this happen a few times...but dont try to do it to the bolt go right to the sorce and try the - terminal.its the strongest point of a ground....also did u try to even change tthe coil pack?
            im in it for the coil pack as well you should check it out could be bad...how about all fuses?? is everything plugged in? double check the main engine connectors to see if they aint loose
            WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Comment

You should get spark no matter if your timing is off or not. My point was is it sounds like your getting spark and it's just firing totally wrongs. Before you check your timing at all try to get spark. Go buy a whole NEW DIZZY. And guess what if it works take it back. And then go pull from a junk yard. Because if you get a brand new one you will know it's not the dizzy. After that then start looking everything over. But early warning if you did set your timing wrong and your car happens to start it's just like you were to snap the timing belt and by by engine

Comment

Did you remember to jump the two wires off the distributor?

Remember if it's internal coil, you need to use a 30 AMP fuse to bridge them together..or it won't start.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                  My battery is in the trunk but ill give it a shot.

Originally posted by k20si View Post
                  i thought you couldnt use the h23 injectors on the cb7...
                  I believe I'm getting spray to cylinders. I can smell the fuel from the IM.

Originally posted by 10k View Post
                  im in it for the coil pack as well you should check it out could be bad...how about all fuses?? is everything plugged in? double check the main engine connectors to see if they aint loose
                  I had the resistance checked and it was in spec. so it should be good. trying a new one would eliminate that being the issue. all fuses are good. I'll triple check my engine harness connections too.

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                  You should get spark no matter if your timing is off or not. My point was is it sounds like your getting spark and it's just firing totally wrongs. Before you check your timing at all try to get spark. Go buy a whole NEW DIZZY. And guess what if it works take it back. And then go pull from a junk yard. Because if you get a brand new one you will know it's not the dizzy. After that then start looking everything over. But early warning if you did set your timing wrong and your car happens to start it's just like you were to snap the timing belt and by by engine
                  I DO have a friend with a 94 prelude I could possibly try to use his dizzy if its internal. I have to check with him first tho.

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                  Did you remember to jump the two wires off the distributor?

Remember if it's internal coil, you need to use a 30 AMP fuse to bridge them together..or it won't start.
                  Where? How? Is there a DIY on how to do this? where do I put the bridge at?

BASICALLY. I've narrowed the issue down. im getting Power to the IGNITOR, but no the cap n rotor. maybe your onto something accrdkid!

**I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU GUYS for really stickin with me through this one. It's keeping me from REALLY going Crazy bc of this car. thankyouthankyou cb7tuner fam
                  Last edited by Freshagen; 08-05-2011, 02:18 PM.
                  Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

If you still have the original distributor from the H22 (all JDM H22s are internal coiled). Trace the plug that's on the car it connects to the Accord's original external coil.

If you look at the back of the plug there's a solid yellow and a yellow/black wire that runs to the plug.

They both have female ends inside that plug itself, if you take a 30 AMP fuse and stick it in the plug (basically bridging the two female ends, the car will start.

I re-read your post and it sounds like you mixed up a bunch of parts together using H22 and F22 distributor parts.

Try this method and see if it works.

And check and make sure you have the resistor box hooked up as well. It's located on the driver side fender in the engine bay, looks like a mini heat sink another thing to check : the firing order, if you don't have it hooked up right, it won't start.

:edit:

h23 injectors????!!!! get that motor back to it's original form..and then try what I just suggested..let me know how it works.
                    Last edited by HenRoc; 08-05-2011, 03:26 PM.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

my car is originally an internal coil car, so I beleive the plug your talking about doesn't exist on my car. :/ I'll definately try to get some h22 injectors asap! seen how much stronger the h22 injectors are, the ones I have are far from sufficient.

edit: the resistor is connected as well. does it have to be bolted to a ground?
                      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

those h23 injector are not going to quench that h22 thirst so getting h22 injectors is a must. I don't think you need the resistor box bolted down cause I
                        believe that its has it own grounds in the wiring,but just so its not flopping around you should bolt it down.

Marry Jane

Comment

yea, I got it bolted down to the crossmember.
                          Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

pretty sure h23 injectors dont use the resistor box and h22 injectors do us it.
                            K20z3

Comment

Originally posted by k20si View Post
                              pretty sure h23 injectors dont use the resistor box and h22 injectors do us it.
                              H23 use the resistor box.I have a h23 prelude si and it has it, peak and hold need the the resistor box and I believe saturated injectors don't

Marry Jane

Comment

I'd agree with accordkid, problem sounds like its in your dizzy, what did you do exactly with your h23 internal coil conversion, or you can pick up a accel or msd external coil and Wire it up real quick to so if you have spark. Unless that ecu went bad sitting in the cabinet, you shouldn't have a problem there. And if it was out of time it should still start, and have spark. And the dizzy can't be out of time unless you removed the keyway(2 pronged piece that slides into the cam) and put it back on backwards. It WILL start and run on h23 injectors but run lean and pull timing.
                                This is the car the ecu came out of, my girls 90 lx, auto. f23 bottom end h22 head. I used a h23 external coil dizzy and wired in a msd external coil. coil is only like 50 bucks i think

Previous cb7members ride thread
                                86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Working...
                                X