Running Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Issue

My other car. JDM H22 Swap. I've been up and down the web. Day in and day out and with some tinkering, trial and error i've come to where I am now--Stumped.

The Cause: This all started when I was giving a female friend a ride, she had a Soda, the lid was off, and after being told several times to cap it. Soda still wound up being spilled into my ECU onto the mother board. NOT ALOT of Soda..but a cap full and enough to cause the Car to shut off immediately. After drying it out, I was able to start the car and get it to my friends shop. Somethings to note: The Car Ran like crap. Was dumping fuel. Smoked like all hell, but EVENTUALLY started to even out and get better. The ecu was removed and inspected and it was noticed that some of the leads as a result of the water had been burned. They were re-soldered. The ECU was put back in and Now...we have the 1st scenario.

Scenario 1: The ECU is a chipped P28. The with this ECU, Idles at 1500, and whether it's MOVING or NOT moving you take it to 4k RPM's it does a "Two Stepping" like action or a fuel cut, much like limp mode. This happens no matter what. It will not let me go over 4k and it's down on power on the way up there. It was also throwing a code for an ELD. Electronic Load Detector issue.

So....I had an S300 laying around and took that to another friend as well as the car. He gave me an H22 basemap to try to see if it would do any better or resolve the problem in an attempt to rule out the ECU as the problem so we could be pointed elsewhere.

Scenario 2: The Car can NOW rev freely up to 8 Grand. However if you physically DRIVE IT (Speed sensor works btw) when you get to 2k RPM the car falls flat on it's face. And won't give you anything at all, nothing, ZILCH, until you pull it back into Neutral and give it gas where it immediately runs as it should. Needless to say this pissed me off and lead me to believe that there is another underlying issue.

So at this point it's apparent that there was an issue with the dizzy, how this happens I don't know. Ive since then changed the cap and rotor....NO DICE. Same result. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Im yanking hair out trying to figure out what in the hell could be causing NEITHER ECU to give me the operation im looking for or what other issue could there be. Any help would be appreciated.

- Well your old ECU is toast. Done. I'm a professional in the trade, trust me.
    - I hope that was a typo when you said 8K. If not, that explains your distributor.

But your car now needs to be tuned. You have a new ECU with a basemap, next step = take it to a tuner. And by taking it there he can look up what's wrong with your engine. All the data is right there.

PS - resize your image, it's monstrous.

Comment

Working...
    X