No announcement yet.

My turbo s2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The true predecessor to the S2000 is the old S800, made in the 60s. The Prelude fell inbetween, but obviously didn't offer the same things. It's entirely possible that we'll have another 30 year wait for another awesome roadster.

Comment

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post
      As for the cash part, everything just keeps adding up and up and up. The kit alone was 5k which is normally 6k. Then all of the supporting mods like the 2200cc ID injectors (1k dollars), Full Blown dual Walbro pump setup (569 dollars), and the rest of the fuel system just added up. I woud say that I have about 8k invested total. Kinda depressing, but its a blast to drive and worth every penny.

I purposefully got too big of a turbo and went overboard on the fuel system with E85. I will be building my spare block and plan on building my head and revving it out to 9500rpms. Maybe in the future, I can get mid 700s on E85 out of it after I build it to my liking.
      Man, I feel your pain. Same depressing feelin I had when i finished the swap on mine. Adding all the receipts was the hardest thing to do. But...it feels great driving it, and knowing I didnt cheap out on anything.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Eh, it's never a bad idea to go overboard on things that will keep your engine alive! I know they can take abuse, but it's good not to push your luck!
      Agreed.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

wow very nice!.. clean 93 cobra in the background also

Comment

damn I have always wanted one!

Comment

nice job man., thats a big ass turbo. now i understand why you went to a big turbo.

Comment

nice s2k, but that 93 cobra in the back . sweet ass. i love the whole shop pic.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                nice s2k, but that 93 cobra in the back . sweet ass. i love the whole shop pic.
                Thanks man.

Since it was bumped, I'll tell a little bit about whats going on over winter.

1. I was an idiot and forgot to put the fire ring into the wastegate when first tuned. I put it in and it spools up way faster now.

2. I bought an M&W Pro-14 CDI ignition with AEM Pencil Coils that I'm hooking up.

3. Retune at Full Blown Motorsports in Minnesota in March. My goals are 700whp with my bone stock engine pushing upper 20psi if not 30psi.

Comment

We ended up running into a couple of small issues that took up time. We ended at 625whp SAE. The torque curve is perfect for romping through the gears and shifting.

Comment

those are sweet ass numbers bro, did you see the issue of Honda Tunning this month? Top Fuel's S2K is on there, has similar set up as yours...also their S2K is made of all carbon fiber, like 2k lbs. stripped down...

Comment

I legit said WHAT THE FUCK when I spotted that snail.

Damn dude. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
                        those are sweet ass numbers bro, did you see the issue of Honda Tunning this month? Top Fuel's S2K is on there, has similar set up as yours...also their S2K is made of all carbon fiber, like 2k lbs. stripped down...
                        Nope, I'll have to buy a copy.

Thanks.

Comment

This car is amazing! That's a shitload of power.

Comment

With those ID's and the twin walbro's @ that power you're probably seeing around what, 75% IDC? They're one bad ass injector. I wasn't aware that PTE was offering their billet line up in t4 housings. What .AR are you running?
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                              With those ID's and the twin walbro's @ that power you're probably seeing around what, 75% IDC? They're one bad ass injector. I wasn't aware that PTE was offering their billet line up in t4 housings. What .AR are you running?
                              Its 56% IDC. It would take a lot more power to get to 75% IDC on these 2200cc injectors. The turbine AR is .81. A little overkill haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X