EXT: Front Bumper Removal : How-To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpmike
    yeah i uhh... took my bumper off recently, and there were no bolts installed behind the bumper lenses i guess i forgot to reinstall them last time. so yeah, my bumper is only held on by 2 nuts. i dont think your stupid 5th gen could beat the ease of that
    Haha, thats how my bumpers are on, just the two top nuts, on both front and rear bumpers, just left the bottom bolts off...it does make it soo much easier when you leave a few of those bolts and all the plastic screws and covers off, those are a pain to mess with, especially when you have to take them on/off frequently. The 5th gens are basically the same procedure to remove the bumpers...but its been a while since I done one of those so there could be a few things I forgot.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Thank you!

Had to pull off a bumper in a junkyard to get to the headlights yesterday and it was NOT fun. Basically ripped the plastic cover off (it was damaged). Good thing I'm a handy girl... would have been easier if I'd read this first. Am SO glad I found this site! Oh, Wayne sent me.... whoever that is...

My 16-yr-old just wrecked her black 93 Accord LX... about three weeks after I bought it for her. Really sucks.

I want that black hood off your car! Am looking for the front grill if anyone has one, the gold one we have is fubarred.

Comment

dang i wish my mom would buy me parts.

Comment

ok, I am attempting to get the front bumper off..soo far..nuthin. The bumper nuts in the engin bay are not comming off, since there is no clearance. I removed the collant resevoir, and I gotta get like a 12 mm wrench in there! The battery tray is in the way for a socket and ratchet...

My bigger problem is the darn nuts that hold the front part on, behind the fog lights. I removed the 2 on the right front, and one on the inside of the left front. After realizing that one of them is actually a 13mm, I swapped sockets, and that mofo WILL NOT COME OFF! I shot it with wd 40, and nothing is moving..I broke my fricken ratchet! I dunno what to do..

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137
          Black Doubt Crew member #2
          Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

on the pass side, if you pull out the coolant tank and the battery tray, you can get to it with a ratchet.... sometimes. its easiest to get both off if you use a regular crescent wrench.

and to my recollection, there is not a single 13mm bolt anywhere in the car... everything is 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 18, or 19... so the 4th bolt ur tryign to take out isnt 13, its a 12... probably with just alot of rust on it. you should get a breaker bar, put the socket on the bolt, use extensions to get it to reach out of the front of the bumper, then use a breaker bar on it. you should be able to break almost anything free with it

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well, i guess the owner before me had something goin on wit hte front bumper. That nut really was 13 mm, and there where no tabs to mess with under the bumper. I took it up to work, to use my air gun..snapped the fucker right off! So, I re-threaded a new bolt, and all's good. Projectors and driving lights are installed...

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137
              Black Doubt Crew member #2
              Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

is this the bolt in the engine bay that has to be removed to take off the bumper.

Last edited by TDUBZ; 08-06-2004, 06:09 PM.
                92 accord lx sedan

Phantom Grey Crew #6
                MY ACCORD

Comment

Originally posted by TDUBZ
                  is this the bolt in the engine bay that has to be removed to take off the bumper.

that them there is the one.
                  Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

ight thanx
                    92 accord lx sedan

Phantom Grey Crew #6
                    MY ACCORD

Comment

Thanks to usc and his great instructions on the first 2 posts on this thread, doing the bumper removal is one of the easiest things I've done to the car.

This site rocks!
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

cool im glad i found this i think im going to try to fix the alignment of my front bumper this weekend. Thanks alot for this walkthrough.

Comment

Just saw this, thanks to the OP for posting this

Comment

Nice write up, makes the job look pretty easy.

However, what about those us without bumper signals (I think I'm the only accord I've ever seen w/o them):

Any ideas?
                            Zach

93 Accord EX coupe
                            91 Accord DX 4-door

Comment

I'm removing my bumper now, but the goddamn plastic clips on the bottom are holding me up....they won't come off! I've tried everything there is...can I just dremel them off and say fuck em?

Comment

ok so i'll be attempting this soon... my biggest worry is that the bumper will look not as Even and lined up as it did when i started. i REALLY don't wanna have it crooked or something.... should i expect to see it go back on perfect?

i hear about peoples bumpers sagging and stuff, just don't wanna see that happen
                                Last edited by Final 204; 02-07-2005, 06:33 AM.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X