X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
    I have a Mac
    I have Linux. I win

I upgraded ONE box to W10. I also run classic shell on all of my rigs that have Windows 8.1 on them (the wife and I are gamers so we kinda have to have windows). When I did the upgrade to the one box seems that it just ported everything over just fine even Classic shell which is good news. I am not down with how MSFT has gone down the drain with W10. This is worse than Vista was 8 years ago. Once you get past all the data collecting it isn't so bad, but then again I did the upgrade to check a piece of software that supports NVENC and doesn't in 8. Oh I could scream at what MSFT is up to, but I been doing that for years (Looks at XP pre SP2 and Vista). The last good version of Windows, was 7 and before that 2000. I just wish they would make up their damn minds about version number. 7,8,8.1, and 10 (NT 6.1.7xxx, 6.1.8xxx, 6.1.9xxx and 6.1.10xxx respectively) don't make any damn sense whatsoever. So half my stuff is Linux of different distros (including the one I just built myself), 1 Windows server, and the rest Windows (gaming rigs). I feel everyone's pain. #EndRant
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Yep. And don't think I can do windows anymore once we get to the age where Win7 / XP are no longer around and everyone is running Win10.

It's not user friendly (unless you just use IE and email), and even then it's a headache to use, fix, and be happy with.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        I have Linux. I win

I upgraded ONE box to W10. I also run classic shell on all of my rigs that have Windows 8.1 on them (the wife and I are gamers so we kinda have to have windows). When I did the upgrade to the one box seems that it just ported everything over just fine even Classic shell which is good news. I am not down with how MSFT has gone down the drain with W10. This is worse than Vista was 8 years ago. Once you get past all the data collecting it isn't so bad, but then again I did the upgrade to check a piece of software that supports NVENC and doesn't in 8. Oh I could scream at what MSFT is up to, but I been doing that for years (Looks at XP pre SP2 and Vista). The last good version of Windows, was 7 and before that 2000. I just wish they would make up their damn minds about version number. 7,8,8.1, and 10 (NT 6.1.7xxx, 6.1.8xxx, 6.1.9xxx and 6.1.10xxx respectively) don't make any damn sense whatsoever. So half my stuff is Linux of different distros (including the one I just built myself), 1 Windows server, and the rest Windows (gaming rigs). I feel everyone's pain. #EndRant
        Robert, you built a distro?
        For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

So i had to setup a Acer Z3-710 for a user this weekend. The Acer website does not have Win7 drivers for the unit so I was forced to keep Win10. I did find that using classicshell.net on Win10 made the OS A LOT easier to use. It changes the start menu and shell integration to Win7. I actually used the PC for the afternoon with out cursing at it. Still a lot of WTF moments, but it seems MS got rid of some of the beefs I had with Win8 like:
          - Can uninstall MS One Drive (although still shows in explorer)
          - Can uninstall Skype
          - Can turn off search crap
          - By default uses local PC account rather than tricking you to use MS Hotmail account for login purposes
          - etc.

I still had to spend an hour uninstalling a crap load of crapware, McAfee trial, Office 365 trial, Acer Cloud, One Drive Cloud, Acer apps, etc. And still had to turn off a lot of MS reporting features but thought I'd share that classicshell.net made things a lot better.

Comment

Raf while I agree with everything about Windows 10. I have it setup as my desktop to "use". I haven't migrated to it yet. But even setting up everything on it like all the rest of the corporate machines. Yea I can't even bitch enough. On a side note though all of the metro apps can be uninstalled. Just takes a bit of power shell to get it done. I uninstall EVERYTHING from Windows 8.1 professional after a clean install.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
              Robert, you built a distro?
              Yes sir I did! You need my number I have quite a bit to tell you man!
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                Raf while I agree with everything about Windows 10. I have it setup as my desktop to "use". I haven't migrated to it yet. But even setting up everything on it like all the rest of the corporate machines. Yea I can't even bitch enough. On a side note though all of the metro apps can be uninstalled. Just takes a bit of power shell to get it done. I uninstall EVERYTHING from Windows 8.1 professional after a clean install.
                I hear ya. I guess the title of this thread should be "Windows 8 whaaa" as they fixed some of the annoying shit in Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                X