Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a1 Head Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a1 Head Work

I got an extra head so I wanna do head work and I wanna know wut all I can get in combo with port and polish to get decent gain... While keeping stock bottom end

Good valves, upgraded valve springs, valve guides, retainers, a good camshaft, and an adjustable cam gear. All of these things can be found on bisimoto.com.

With a stock bottom end, though? I wouldn't. When the hed flows better, it makes power up high in the RPM range. Rev an old bottom end up high often, and you're asking for something to break. It's entirely possible that you'll put a piston into your expensive new head! Plus, the stock F22A compression is quite low. You'll see MUCH more from it if you increase compression. Get forged rods and pistons, and raise your comression level a bit. Replace all seals and gaskets, and get a tunable ECU (which you'll want even if you just do the head...)
    Do it right, and you could easily make 220-250whp and still drive on pump gas.

Comment

the only thing wrong with a higher mileage bottom end is rod bearings and rings.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yeah, but that's enough. If a rod bearing fails, it coudl be disastrous. And the low compression wouldn't really justify all the money put into the head.

Comment

so deev would you rather work on head and bottom or do all at the same time?

Comment

All at the same time. That's why I've done none of it on my own car so far! Once you start with that stuff, everything is closely linked with everything else.

Comment

ok so would a good cam shaft, cam gear, port n polish and p12 prelude ecu be too much for my 170k bottom end it's a daily driver so I want it to be fun, give si's a run for there money and practical cuz i'll do a h22 after this one(f22a1) dies

Comment

Why do people think the P12 is some sort of performance modification? A P&P and an upgraded camshaft will run like shit with a stock ECU.

Comment

id say if your doing any major work to an engine as such as upgrading the camshaft or vavles or anything in the head, get your ecu tuned to get full potential out of the upgrade. the stock ecu wouldnt recognize the upgraded camshaft because it thinks theres the stock one in it. therefore runing like shit

Comment

It will see the increased oxygen intake by the o2 sensor readings and adjust... but it's not programmed to fuel properly for that much of a change in airflow. It may run, but not very well.

Comment

so which ecu do you recommend for him to get to reprogram? or chip

Comment

Same thing.
                        I recommend both he and you do more research.

Comment

Damn straight deev, ppl need to use the stickies and/or all the other recources out there instead of asking ppl to think for them. Also, for a little bit of bump in compression, you can also shave(mill)(deck) the head while it's off. Mine is shaved .080, and with supporting mods(p&p, cam, adj. Gear, intake Mani, tb, header, etc...) it does make quite the difference. Zeal (I think) has a damn good compression calculator. Also, please, don't just go and get the head cut, do your research. Understand why you're nodding things, not just cause someone else has it done, or says it's beneficial. An engine is like an orchestra, all the parts have to work together. An orchestra wouldn't sound good if you replaced a sax with an electric guitar, even if Hendrix was playing it...
                          H22a $1000
                          Msd 6al $ 200
                          Fuel cell $ 200
                          Carbs $ 125
                          Manifold $200
                          Lines etc $ 100
                          Header $ 400
                          GSR seats$ 100

Being the first and only streetable dd cb7 w 4 carbs...

PRICELESS!!!

Pics.. http://m891.photobucket.com/albums/alexiadanza/

Comment

Shaving the head can have consequences, though. It will change cam timing a bit, and if you shave it enough, it will make it unsalvageable in the event of warpage.

Comment

Yes, it moves the cam and crank centerlines closer, wich is why it changes timing. That's why I bought the cam gear, mine is adjusted almost 2 degrees. Also, when I chose to shave so drastically, I accepted the fact that the $600 and 30+ hours I have into the head will be gone in the event of any damage, as it made the deck too thin to ever shave again. .080, or 2mm is the most I've ever heard of anyone shaving the head. That, and my one layer (ok, 2) head gasket give me .029 quench wich is perfect for tight bearings, forged rods and pump gas. Everything must be planned perfectly and researched thouroughly before any modding.
                              H22a $1000
                              Msd 6al $ 200
                              Fuel cell $ 200
                              Carbs $ 125
                              Manifold $200
                              Lines etc $ 100
                              Header $ 400
                              GSR seats$ 100

Being the first and only streetable dd cb7 w 4 carbs...

PRICELESS!!!

Pics.. http://m891.photobucket.com/albums/alexiadanza/

Comment

Working...
                              X