Temperature gauge or thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature gauge or thermostat?

My cb7 hasn't been on the road since I bought it 6 months ago. Its basically been my project. I plan on driving it within the next week or so as my daily when I get tabs. Anyways, pretty cold and snowy over here in washington so everyday I've been starting my car to let it warm up. I've noticed that the heater doesn't blow warm air even after 10 minutes and the temperature gauge is below the bottom line on the gauge? I'm really confused as to why the gauge needle is under the bottom line? Is this my thermostat? A quick response wojld be great, skeazzy.

Not necessarily. Take out your thermostat, put it in hot water and note the temperature that it starts to open. It should be about 190F.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

it most likely will be the thermostat. on my 90 DD i had a couple years ago, the temp would never fully warm up due to the T-stat being stuck open causing it to overcool the engine, so in the winter time it would never warm up.

I bought a new T stat from the Honda dealer for under 20 bucks with a gasket and put fresh coolant in. Hot heat all day long after that.
      Last edited by Losiracer2; 12-07-2015, 04:19 AM.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Most likely culprit is the thermostat but as Sonika said its super easy to test it to see if it works or not. my bet is that its stuck open. have fun.
        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Working...
        X