Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tishock : 1992 Accord LX

Driver wanted
    (idiot, glutton for punishment, masochist and all around funny SOB)

Do you have the need for speed? Light the tires and kick the fires!!!

Looking for a team member to share in our journey. Our journey to mediocrity and a likely disastrous let down, for just a minuscule chance at GLORY!!!! If you have what it takes then join us and earn your place in VALHALLA!!!!

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
    Maximus Decimus Meridius Jebediah Rodriguez Thanos Smith

Ok, with that nonsense out of the way. Really need someone chill and willing to put in the wrench time. You'll really only responsible for your own fees, equipment and lodging during the race weekend. Contributions to the car build in parts or money are always welcomed but not mandatory or expected. Please read through the links below before replying to this post. Then PM me when you're ready to meet your destiny.

Rules and Info

This post on the 24hrs of Lemons forum will cover most information you'll need. http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=7415

PRICES & RULES
    https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/prices-rules

FAQ & HOW TO
    https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/faq-how-to

LEMONS TECH SHEET
    https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/imag...echSheetV7.pdf

HOW NOT TO FAIL LEMONS TECH
    https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/imag...eMons-Tech.pdf

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

My 24 Hours of Lemons "Race Car"

02/06/2016 - Bought it from a nice but clueless kid.

Engine/Transmission

F22a6
    Mileage unkown
    No name eBay header
    Completely welded exhaust from header to cherry bomb muffler
    No name cone filter over stock rubber air intake hose
    A/C delete (due to accident)
    CC delete
    Harness has been hacked up.
    Transmission doesn't go in to any gears

Suspension/Brakes

Cheap Chinese coil-over sleeves
    Monroe Blue shocks
    Everything else is stock, possibly original parts
    Race slicks....oops I meant bald tires

Interior

Colorful masking tape lining the doors
    No name cheap steering wheel
    Type R shift knob
    Clutch pedal switch hanging "Kill switch"
    Custom bubble tinted windows

Exterior

Front right damage
    Custom paint job
    Colorful masking tape, windows and doors
    Broken Windsheild
    Missing front and rear bumper
    Missing fenders
    Custom blacked out rear turn signals
    Driver door harness has been hacked up

Future Plans

Undo the fuckery done by previous owner

Found this in the trunk when I was cleaning it out

Last edited by Tishock; 05-03-2016, 02:15 AM.

Racing at Button Turrible
    https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/even...utton-turrible

01 October 2016 - 02 October 2016
    Buttonwillow Raceway, Buttonwillow CA

Team Name/Logo

Car Theme

Team Members
    Teams are comprised of 4-6 drivers

DRIVERS
    Me
    af_1132
    Little brother
    Good friend
    Friend (not a sure thing yet)

PIT CREW
    Mrs. af_1132
    Mike

Costs

Driver safety equipment: Helmet, Neck Brace/Helmet Support, Fire-Retardant Clothing (See Rules)

Entry: $600 per car, $150 per driver, $75 for non-driving crew members. (Each team must have 4-6 drivers.) This fee covers registration, track time, paddock pass, track insurance, on-site ambulance crew, commemorative crap, and anything else we come up with by then. Non-driving crew members get all the same bennies except track time.

Not driving or wrenching for a team? General-access paddock passes are always available at the gate--they're $30 and good all weekend. Kids under 16 are free.

Rules and Info

https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/prices-rules

https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/imag...echSheetV7.pdf

https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/imag...eMons-Tech.pdf

https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/faq-how-to

This post on the 24hrs of Lemons forum also has a lot of good information. http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=7415
    Last edited by Tishock; 06-21-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Reserved 2
      Last edited by Tishock; 04-02-2016, 03:34 AM.

Comment

---

---

---

Last edited by Tishock; 04-02-2016, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Damn Tishock you got your work cut out for you! Interesting coilover mouting lol! You going to run that stock F22A?
          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Damn man should've bought mine. In a,I would've hooked you up with info. And non hacked stuff with extras. But I understood where you came from with what you wanted to do.

With that said I trust you'll undo the buckeye that the kid made. Hope to see it on a track soon. And looking way better than it does now
            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
              With that said I trust you'll undo the buckeye that the kid made. Hope to see it on a track soon. And looking way better than it does now
              Seconded.
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                Damn Tishock you got your work cut out for you! Interesting coilover mouting lol! You going to run that stock F22A?
                The engine does sound really healthy and its suppose to be a swapped low mileage motor. But I'm not going to take his word for it. I'm going to give it a really good check up soon and replace several things. But really I dont see it being very difficult to get running right. Like I mentioned in the previous post (Post PICS of your latest purchase) most of the fixes needed are very simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                  Damn man should've bought mine. In a,I would've hooked you up with info. And non hacked stuff with extras. But I understood where you came from with what you wanted to do.

It's cool, remember this a Lemons car. So there is a chance this "Race Car" will not survive the weekend. I dont care what it looks like inside and out. The interior is all being ripped out. I dont need to have bumper covers. I have a damaged spare hood and trashed fenders that are just taking up space in the back yard. I have a ton of leftover spare parts for a CB and I'm fully prepared to have to swap out a tranny and/or engine on race day.

The harness has already been fixed and it didnt take very long. The tranny is shifting now, again it was a simple fix. Fixed horrible exhaust leak at the header, another simple fix. The right front strut rod was just missing the large washer and nut. I have a vacuum leak I have to deal with but I was planning to swap out the manifold anyway so its no big deal. And thats how everything has been going so far.

FYI - I added more pics
                  Last edited by Tishock; 03-26-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Is that cherry bomb a 2"? Can I have it?

That no fat chicks sticker is funny. The paint on this car seriously confuses me..

Comment

California: where even the beat cars have no rust problems I envy you guys.

Btw, do you have a build thread for your silver car posted anywhere? I'd love to get a rundown on that.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                        Is that cherry bomb a 2"? Can I have it?

That no fat chicks sticker is funny. The paint on this car seriously confuses me..

Maybe, the car is stupid loud with it on. We'll see after I add a resonator. Currently the exhaust wont pass tech because of the db levels.

The suspension really confuses me. One youtube video could have cleared things up for him. The really funny thing was to see how releived his mom was to see the car go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                          California: where even the beat cars have no rust problems I envy you guys.

Btw, do you have a build thread for your silver car posted anywhere? I'd love to get a rundown on that.
                          No MRT for the silver one yet. Not sure why I'm waiting so long to make one, but if I do it will be in the Premium MRT section. Though, I do feel lame for not making one yet.
                          Last edited by Tishock; 03-28-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Yes!!

I have to find a day to come down there and help out. Man, this is going to be so much fun!

How do the fluids look? Any shavings in the transmission fluid or oil? How's the coolant look?

He's got something really hilarious for the top of the car, guys; you will see!
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Coolant looks good and it doesnt overheat. Still need to flush all the coolant out and run only distilled water (lemons rules). But I'm going to wait until I swap the manifold and possibly do a timing belt kit if needed.

I haven't gotten to looking at the oils yet. The tranny is going to be removed because I want to give it a thorough check up and I plan to either have the diff welded or I'll install a Phantom Grip. Also want to make sure the clutch, bearing or the rear main seal dont need replacing while I'm in there. I'll let you know on the engine later in a couple of weeks.

I'm still updating the first few post. Reserved post #3 will have a list of the problems, repairs and mods made to the car. I'll get to that in a few weeks.

Updated post #2 with the Team Name and Car Theme. My friend and I came up with the team name/logo several years ago in response to a group of idiots that we know that sported these lame vinyl stickers "ALL OUT". Of course they were actually "ALL SLOW"

Team Name/Logo

Car Theme

Last edited by Tishock; 04-19-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X