WiKKeDV16 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad you're boosted Los

what intake manifold/TB are you running?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

its all f20a dohc..

just gutted iab plate.. thats it..

i plan to make another gutted manifold like i made for john..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Wicked Intake manifold FTMW

Comment

you should go to the audi meets, to see which one spools faster
          i got $20 on you lol
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

F20a... sounds familiar lol

Gutted IM
            Last edited by Boost_Lee; 12-24-2010, 10:03 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
              you should go to the audi meets, to see which one spools faster
              i got $20 on you lol
              You aint lying..its still comp surging..gonna open up the bov and cut the spring..as on its slowest setting..it still surges..turbo is just that small i guess...so..if the cut spring doesn't work..then I might switch bovs and throw on the turbo xs. For now on another elbow pipe..and store the hks..till I get a bigger bagel...any tips on hks bov? Checkvalve(vac only)..or just run it like normal??
              Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 12-25-2010, 01:03 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

your car looks HOT, very nice

Comment

get a h23 upper on there. looks nice.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

didnt you say the hks was adjustable? why you cutting the springs for?

Comment

VERY NICE!
                      Glad to see those parts being put to use!

I had a comp. surging problem with my hks bov AND my ebay bov. Eventually I got the ebay bov to work by cutting the spring A LOT, but it started leaking a little. So I just said fuck it and installed a 1G DSM bov.

Anyway, the engine bay looks good. Get some water flowing though that intercooler!

Comment

john it does have adjustment.. but like said.. even on its LOWEST adjustment point(borderline screw coming out).. it still surges. so i know imma have to cut the spring..the hks's are made with stiffer springs than other bovs.. because there suppost to slap back and forth.. aka (SSQ)..

i could careless if it did the ssq as long as it vents to atmosphere!

and oleg I KNOW.. im not beating on it at all promise(im really not)

i found a 1gal fuel cell that im gonna use for now..

as for the heat exchanger.. my buddy has a pretty big one im gonna pick up.. but im also gonna fab a meth kit. until i do a full blown water setup (5gal rear mount with extremely large heat exchanger)

as for the 1g bov.. i know they vent like nobodies business.. i just had acouple other hks parts on the car so i figured id keep the theme going.. lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I had the flutter issues with my HKS on my 16g and current setup, Los.
                          Last edited by Boost_Lee; 12-26-2010, 03:41 AM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq

Comment

If you have ever taken apart a hks..either ebay or geniuine..you have noticed the built in checkvalve that it has...or bleeder valve that allows air to bypass from the backside (diaphram side) to front aside...behind the actual valve of the bov..this was the issue...no matter how much vac my motor was pulling..it wasn't enough to keep the valve body open long enough to expell all of the compressed air...so..I got backyard..as with everything I do..its never done for prettyness orwhat not..just needs to work..and work right...

I removed the spring. And cap of spring..and threw it across my garage..I busted out the jbkwik and mixed up a batch....used a small washer..that fit..inside the nut area covering the 4 holes for the bleeder..let it sit.....used some silicon around the diaphram to make sure it seals...put the cap back on without spring..sealed it up..tried it out......now I expell compressed air like nobodies business...

Cons
                            Valvebody now stays open at idle
                            Takes a little longer to build boost..as the valvebody has to see 0 vac for it toshut and seal the charging system

Pros
                            It works fucking flawless
                            Not the hint of surge..
                            Adjustable via a long 10mm bolt..determing how far open the valvebody can staywhile at idle..and when it expells.

Progress..lol..now to tackle the water setup...arrrghh

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

so i decided to go a different route

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

wth

Comment

Working...
                                X