CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 07-07-2018, 09:11 PM   #141
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

ukemike is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
That transmission is going to make a world of difference!

Cusco is the only manufacturer that makes an aftermarket LSD for my eventual application, and it is also a clutch type 1.5-way. I'm anxious to hear how yours works out.
I found ours on ebay. The guy I bought it from was in a small city in Russia about 100 miles from the Mongolian border. It was a hell of a deal.

We've been using that trans and lsd in the the old car for some time now. It was totally game changing. There was a whole bunch of cars that out power us and used to just pass us with impunity. We get so much more traction out of the corners which means a huge head start, particularly out of really slow corners. We also loooove the lower final drive. We used to reasonably be able to drive the whole course at Sears Point in third, except exiting turn 11. Now we can make use of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th! That means we can keep the motor in the power band much better. I swear it was better than adding 20 hp.

Today Jason, Tedd, my wife and my son all pitched in and we painted the car black. This is in prep for our new theme, which shall remain a secret for now.

We painted using a 50/50 mix of rustoleum flat and rustoleum semi-gloss, with a little white in there to keep it from being completely black. We diluted it with about 1 part acetone to about 2-3 parts paint and rollered it on with foam rollers. The thinned rustoleum is supposed to flow enough that it smooths out pretty well. In full sun it dried so fast that it was leaving tracks from the roller. It's black but it ain't pretty. But we got it done in about 4 hours.
Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel.
A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, glasspack muffler, PT12 ECU.
Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Last edited by ukemike; 07-07-2018 at 09:50 PM.
ukemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #142
excalibur02
Wanna be JDM whore

Location: north new jersey Owns: Turbo cb6 & NA cb7 I'm: NJs 5-lug King ;-0
excalibur02 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to excalibur02
I've never actually seen anyone that has the Cusco LSD on any H/F trans let alone in a cb. I just keep seeing quaife, wavetrac, mfactory, and OBX.

Sucks you didnt get a picture of what that diff looked like.

Instagram username MAURO02

If my pictures do not work and you see ****.com replace it with m1xe.com
excalibur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #143
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur02 View Post
I've never actually seen anyone that has the Cusco LSD on any H/F trans let alone in a cb. I just keep seeing quaife, wavetrac, mfactory, and OBX.

Sucks you didnt get a picture of what that diff looked like.
Oh, I have pictures. I spent several days studying all the different ways it could be configured before I assembled it. It is a steel football sized chunk pure awesome.

I'll dig up some of the photos and post them here later.
M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel.
A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, glasspack muffler, PT12 ECU.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:49 AM   #144
aventari
CB7tuner Member

aventari is cool... so far.
Whats your next race? Heading to Buttonwillow with Lemons this year?
aventari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:02 AM   #145
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

For some reason that I'm missing, I'm having trouble linking to photos right now. So I made a page on my race blog with photos of the internals of the LSD.

https://picknpullracing.wordpress.co...-differential/
Old 07-17-2018, 02:03 AM   #146
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventari View Post
Whats your next race? Heading to Buttonwillow with Lemons this year?
We are heading to Buttonwillow. It'll be our first time there.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:52 AM   #147
aventari
CB7tuner Member

Awesome! I missed the deadline yesterday, but I emailed today and I'm sure they'll let us sign up late.

I'll be there with my brother (who's a stunt driver, he's the main driver/coordinator for John Wick 1/2 and Baby Driver and a bunch of other movies) and some of his stunt driving friends.

I can't wait to meet you guys, should be a great time! Lets try and set up our pits next to each other.

Buttonwillow is pretty much my home track so since it's your first time you should check out my videos for the right lines to take in the Accord.

Hows the new car coming along?
Old 08-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #148
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
This will be awesome to see you both out on the same track together!
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:34 AM   #149
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Awesome! I missed the deadline yesterday, but I emailed today and I'm sure they'll let us sign up late.

I'll be there with my brother (who's a stunt driver, he's the main driver/coordinator for John Wick 1/2 and Baby Driver and a bunch of other movies) and some of his stunt driving friends.

I can't wait to meet you guys, should be a great time! Lets try and set up our pits next to each other.

Buttonwillow is pretty much my home track so since it's your first time you should check out my videos for the right lines to take in the Accord.

Hows the new car coming along?
Fantastic news! It should be fun. I seem to recall you raced your accord at Sonoma once. What was your team fast lap? We can make competing highlights videos of all the times we see or pass each other on the track.

The car really isn't coming along at all. I owed my family a vacation, that ate last weekend. My son was Seymour (the star) in a local production of Little Shop of Horrors. My Dad came to town to see it and we saw every show. That ate up a weekend. I had to work most of a weekend before that. I got a few minor things done that saturday. It does drive, but right now it would not pass tech inspection. I've got part of tomorrow set aside and most of sunday. I hope to get some of the big items off the to do list.

Tedd needs to get a new harness bar welded in. That's the main thing I worried about. We lowered the seat from the previous owner and now the harness bar is above the seat shoulder holes and lemons rules require that the straps go straight back or as low as 15degrees down. Other than that we have a variety of prep tasks and I want to install a fire suppression system.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #150
aventari
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukemike View Post
Fantastic news! It should be fun. I seem to recall you raced your accord at Sonoma once. What was your team fast lap? We can make competing highlights videos of all the times we see or pass each other on the track.
I never took the Accord to Sonoma, I've just raced there with our GoPro BMW E28 a couple time. I dodn't remember the fastest lap, but it was fast because that BMW had at least 225hp lol

Yeah I can't wait to get the video
Old 09-14-2018, 12:09 AM   #151
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

It would be hard to summarize all the work done recently.

We've got just a few things left, but they aren't too small. It is at the shop now getting new mounts for the harness welded into the cage. We moved the seat down and a bit over and with a bit of a rake so the harness straps were going up! That won't pass tech. He's going to mount a tow bar too. The body shop next door is going to pull out the fender damage caused by one of the wheels falling off while towing it up there (facepalm). All of the too many cooks forgot to tighten all the lugs.

I have to install the fire suppression system.
I have to install new front rotors (see stupid towing incident above).
I have to finish install my cool-seat system.
I have to finish the splitter and add a spoiler on the rear.
I have to get the seat out and the new belts in.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #152
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

The race is next weekend. We got the clutch dragging issue fixed and the new belts installed. That was a trick because they were installed wrong before so we had to come up with all new mouting points for the lap belts in particular. We also got the new rotors on.

Tomorrow I'll do the splitter and spoiler, and will work on the fire suppression system plumbing, but I am upset with the folks I bought it from. There is a missing part. The length of 10mm tube that goes from the fire bottle to the first Y is not in the box. It cannot be setup without that. So we may have no fire suppression system.

I'm going to leave on thursday after my son gets off school. We'll drive to the east bay to get the van and the car, and then we'll tow it to Buttonwillow. It's going to be a looooooong drive because we'll be doing it during the evening rush.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #153
aventari
CB7tuner Member

I've been cranking on my car too. At least you have the good Acura CL rotor over hub brakes now I just took it for the final test drive on the weekend and my rotors were horribly warped so I had to change the stupid stock captive rotors on Sunday heh.

I have some of that extra fire suppression aluminum hard line sitting in my garage in my box of extra hoses. It's left over from my suppression system install. I'll bring it to the track and you can have it if it will work for you.

I will be driving up friday morning-ish and getting to the track in the early afternoon.

When you set up your pit spot, email me and let me know where you are, and I'll try and park next to you when I get in! aventari@gmail.com
Old 09-27-2018, 01:57 AM   #154
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
I've been cranking on my car too. At least you have the good Acura CL rotor over hub brakes now I just took it for the final test drive on the weekend and my rotors were horribly warped so I had to change the stupid stock captive rotors on Sunday heh.

I have some of that extra fire suppression aluminum hard line sitting in my garage in my box of extra hoses. It's left over from my suppression system install. I'll bring it to the track and you can have it if it will work for you.

I will be driving up friday morning-ish and getting to the track in the early afternoon.

When you set up your pit spot, email me and let me know where you are, and I'll try and park next to you when I get in! aventari@gmail.com
Oh man those captive rotors are a pain in the keister. Once was enough of that for me. Oh, it just occurred to me that I have two hub/bearings for the original front end setup. I don't need them. I'll try to remember to bring them.

I'm driving down tomorrow with my son once he gets out of school. I expect to arrive in Lost Hills around 11pm. So we'll be there first thing friday am. We'll try to save you a spot next to us, but I have had limited luck in the past protecting my own spot. Maybe Buttonwillow won't be so crowded.

Thanks but I won't need the tubing. SPA Techniques came through and overnighted it to me. I still be installing it friday at the track, but at least I have it. I am officially declaring that SPA Techniques has awesome customer service.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:46 AM   #155
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

42nd Overall and 14th in Class

It was a great race. Buttonwillow is really technical and really fast. It was an all 3rd and 4th gear track. Ourcar held up through abuse including me going off 4 wheels off once, two-wheels off a second time (and getting a hard bang on the front left tire/wheel) and a on track crash involving us and Kevin's (Aventari's) car that sent both cars spinning into the dust.

The crash was a bit of a mystery, both drivers thought that a third car had been involved, but review of their video and ours showed that we banged into each other. They got the worst of it, lost 30 minutes on track at the end of the day and had to spend 5 hours fixing it. We got a mashed drivers door that we were able to pop back out and about 10 pounds of dust coating everything inside the car.

Kevin's car and his drivers are fast. I believe their fastest time was 11 seconds faster than our fastest. Before the unfortunate incident they were about 14th overall and I think either 2nd or 3rd in B class! A phenomenal race for those guys they deserve congratulations!

I'll write more here later, and you can look at the race blog

http://picknpullracing.wordpress.com

Last edited by ukemike; 10-01-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:10 AM   #156
aventari
CB7tuner Member

Was great meeting you and the team Mike! I had a ton of fun and probably the highlight was trying to follow you through heavy race traffic for about half an hour on Sunday morning

I have some great video of that I'm encoding now and I'll upload ASAP.

Apologies for my driver crashing into you, it was a low-percentage pass that I try to coach people not to attempt, but you know how racing goes.

Here's the ill-fated video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUSANq5uOMs

Thanks for the hubs and bearings I'm going to replace the rear suspension with CL stuff after the wreck.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #157
aventari
CB7tuner Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWMesxYXtc

Here's the first 2.5 hours of Sunday, Check out the first 30 minutes where I try to keep up with ukemike as he slices through traffic

Edit: finally got by you at 19 minutes That was some impressive driving by you! I was lucky to have the extra hp down the straight

Last edited by aventari; 10-02-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #158
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

As much as I would like to take credit, that was Jason driving. He's our new guy. He helps wrench, he's faster than the rest of us, he can driver longer, and he has no black flags.

Having a fair bit of video of my car as seen from another car is really helpful. I noticed something about our car that I was feeling on Sunday afternoon but I wasn't sure about. I think we need new shocks. I'm seeing some under damped bounce, and I was feeling squirrelyness in corners before the car would take a set. Which Bilstiens did you get?

Last edited by ukemike; 10-03-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:01 AM   #159
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

I know the recommended intake manifold upgrade is the h23, or use the F22a6 runners with the h22 or h23 plenum. I'm trying to find them and there is a shortage of h23s in the local junkyards and on ebay. Can the h22 intake manifold be used? If so are there issues?
Old 10-18-2018, 02:32 AM   #160
Warudakumi
CB7tuner Member

Warudakumi is cool... so far.

Dude.... those boat rails are epic! If I were to do a boat theme, i'd probably try to rig the exhaust from 2.0/2.5 into something crazy like a home depo stove vent. I would either have it come out of the hood or through the trunk somehow and paint it a boat smokestack theme color.

Back 2 the Basics Import Theory BEST JDM 2008 / Project Compound Setup CB7
CB7Tuner's Dirtiest USDM/JDM/CDM/EDM/AUS SM4 Parts Whore
I am the Yakuza CB7!
JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ
Warudakumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: