Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's probably the maximum weight it can carry including passengers.

Comment

OHHH NOOB!!! (me) LOL
      www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

cleaning the grit from under you fenders

i was recently replacing a fender liner under my car..and i took a screw driver to the side wall..and damn there is a lot of shit down there..to scrape off..i bet if you scrap all the crap thats down in your fender out you can save prolly up to 10 pounds in dirt..i tried to take the hose to it..but it needs more power..i need some elbow grease and a free weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
          i was recently replacing a fender liner under my car..and i took a screw driver to the side wall..and damn there is a lot of shit down there..to scrape off..i bet if you scrap all the crap thats down in your fender out you can save prolly up to 10 pounds in dirt..i tried to take the hose to it..but it needs more power..i need some elbow grease and a free weekend!

Are you talking about dirt or that tar crap on the bottom of the car? If you get all that sound deadening tar off the bottom of your car you can shave a decent amount of weight too. It's just a huge pain to get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
            Are you talking about dirt or that tar crap on the bottom of the car? If you get all that sound deadening tar off the bottom of your car you can shave a decent amount of weight too. It's just a huge pain to get it off.
            yeah i didnt know if it was tar..i thought it was layers of dirt...i guess it is tar...
            what is that sound deadening material ..or does that stuff come off the roads?

Comment

Is there stuff on the outside of the car too? I know there's the sound deadening material under the seats and carpet, but I didn't know there was stuff under the car as well... Taking that stuff off makes the car VERY annoying to drive though! That was one thing that 93accordEX truly regretted doing.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                Is there stuff on the outside of the car too? I know there's the sound deadening material under the seats and carpet, but I didn't know there was stuff under the car as well... Taking that stuff off makes the car VERY annoying to drive though! That was one thing that 93accordEX truly regretted doing.
                he should just get level 1 dynamatt..and t that should solve the problemo

Comment

I've thought about taking the tar on the bottom of the car off, but it would rust in no time. There are a lot of heatshields under there though. Those are all gone on my car.
                  -Jay

Comment

I've taken off all of the heat shields too, but I haven't messed with the tar on the outside of the car. It definitely is a lot louder not really having any on the inside, but I agree that some Dynamat could solve that. I've seen people take it off on the bottom before without the car rusting.

Comment

Yeah, well here in MO the DOT puts salt on the roads like they're making fries at Micky D's. So I'm not messing with that.
                      -Jay

Comment

I don't blame you. That salt shit will rust your car with the quickness.

Comment

Yeah, salt kills... I have 2 rusted cars to prove it!

Wouldn't putting dynamat on your floor negate any weight savings from taking the tar off? I dunno... the tar removal would be something I would only do on a full race car. It's such a minimal amount of weight that it's not worth the negatives, I would say.

Comment

what about just taking the tar off from the rear parts it might not be AS loud as taking it off in the front, convertable soft top conversion would loose alotta weight
                            rollin on em twankiez

Comment

There's a point where weight reduction compromises structural integrity though!

As for taking the tar out of the rear only, that would do something. Try taking your back seat out, and removing everything you can from the trunk. If that's not too noisy for you, then you might be able to handle the tar removal as well. The noise inside the car increases significantly when you just take the back seat out!

Comment

Originally posted by 92_accord_f20a
                                what about just taking the tar off from the rear parts it might not be AS loud as taking it off in the front, convertable soft top conversion would loose alotta weight
                                too bad convertibles are heavier than hardtop cars..

Comment

Working...
                                X