Rockeer arm issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockeer arm issues

Sent off my CH to the machine shop, took off the top cam and rocker arms off. I noticed the bottom flat surface that makes contact on the cam lobes, looked like it had pounded flat by a mallet hammer, they all look diffirent . I don't think this is right. Anyone has anyone seen or heard about this issue? Post up your opinion or horror stories, thanks.
    Last edited by laloquera; 12-02-2017, 11:47 PM.

I can't say I've looked very closely at that surface of the rockers on any of my engines, but I don't think they should look like they've been pounded with a hammer. Got any photos? What do the cam lobes look like? How many miles on the engine? Was it run low on oil (or a long time without a change)?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

So you're talking about the contact pad of the rocker arm, correct?
      They should look nice and smooth (ideally) and without gouges or anything like that.
      Here is a picture of typical wear.

Notice some shiny and KINDA flat spots. Some uneven wear but no real damaged areas. Again this is typical.

Some, not all, machine shops can resurface rocker arm pads.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Yeah, they don't look nothing like those. The cam lobes do look like they have scratches on them, light hairline scratches.
        Fleetwood, Swap out my short block recently and cylinder head with 155k miles on it. Everything else OG from my old block that had 466k miles, including rocker arms and top cam.

Comment

Guess Im looking at uneven wear pattern on reground rocker arm pads . Anyone?
          Last edited by laloquera; 12-04-2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Finally just pulled a new set of rocker arms pads from JK, paid $15.00. Gonna swap them out this weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X