jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
    No problem, it's what I'm here for, lol. All I do is research and test cheap power mods. Rods are on the way and I should be ordering the pistons soon for my next f23.
    And it benefits everyone that comes across it. At least the ones that aren't lazy.

I went to do my ground upgrades only to realize i didn't have enough connectors. I'm almost ready to focus my time on my engine! I'm gonna use all the help you gave me through pm to plan it out.

Comment

it's been a while but im back in the saddle again. same f23 setup as before except running a ported h23 intake manifold. also have something in store soon that will have the launch better and an additional 50whp at the bottom of 2nd gear meaning 13.7's will soon be 13.4-13.5's with a stock f-series long block naturally aspirated. im going to try to put a track vid together as soon as i work out some kinks.

i know it sounds like a ricer excuse but i think the reason the drag radials didn't improve the cars 60ft that much is the power plus traction killed the last clutch, lol. this one shows about 11wtq peak less but it seems to run better. it has a monsterous powerband. from roughly 6100rpm-7200rpm it makes 200whp+ and from 4300rpm-6300rpm makes 170wtq+. i havent had it at the track yet but it's been a blast to drive. the tires hate me, lol.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Only at the bottom of 2nd? Nitrous? hmmmm.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

No, let's just say a transmission option has opened up for me. It'll put me at 5100rpm vs 4200rpm going into 2nd. That coupled with the better synchros will make all the shifts smooth and fast.

Comment

Better transmission option? T2W4 from Synchrotech?
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Welcome back!

Did you lose torque with this i.m. because of its runner shape/length?

Comment

I think it was the intake, the power on the 2.3 was too peaky with the skunk2. The ported h23 intake seems to offer more area under the curve. I will be trying a rosko racing intake and going full 3" exhaust, hopefully, soon. I really need a t2w4 for my next plan and then a better suspension. I.E., kingpin front upper/lower control arms, ESP traction bars and Blackworks coilovers.

Comment

In regards to the blackworks coilovers, don't you want yours to be damping adjustable? I don't recall them making anything but the SS version for our chassis. I saved up for a set from Fortune Auto, and I am really happy that I did. Granted, they are just over $1500 versus $800, but they are worth it. You get 32 way damping adjustablility plus spring preload and ride height. You can also upgrade to swift springs and choose your spring rate.

As far as ESP, I'm in the same boat as you. I need that bar really bad. They, however, are still not taking orders. I've been emailing them back and forth and they seem to increase the time they will be down. Apparently, according to them, they have taken time off like this before .

Oh, and is this the Rosko manifold you are going to try? https://www.roskoracing.com/cgi-bin/...key=100-001-C?
                  Last edited by af_1132; 11-17-2014, 06:57 PM.
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Back when you had the F22A(6?) configuration, (As seen in your youtube channel), had you ported the head back then? If yes, do you have pictures of the job? Mainly Intake and Exhaust channels, as im about to do it my self, it would be cool to see some pictures of the car (Also for reference obviously) that made me decide to stick with the F and not going H. Because our government (Denmark) uses redicilous amounts of road salt through the winter, i've taken it off the road so i can build the engine, through the winter.
                    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

You can check out GhostAccord's blog. Scroll down and you'll see ported images.

http://ghostaccord.blogspot.com/p/chipping-porting.html

Comment

[QUOTE=CB7Denmark;3217481 it would be cool to see some pictures of the car (Also for reference obviously) that made me decide to stick with the F and not going H. [/QUOTE]

this is the only vid on my youtube with pics of the car. ive been getting alot of local guys asking when im going to gut it or swap to a light chassis. the answer is never on this chassis. she will stay full interior and full options minus power steering for as long as i own it. once this car hits high 12's on motor i may buy another dx chassis and take what i've learned from this one and shoot for 11's.

Comment

Once you hit high 12s, I'm going to steal your recipe and add some of my own seasonings.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                            I think it was the intake, the power on the 2.3 was too peaky with the skunk2. The ported h23 intake seems to offer more area under the curve. I will be trying a rosko racing intake and going full 3" exhaust, hopefully, soon. I really need a t2w4 for my next plan and then a better suspension. I.E., kingpin front upper/lower control arms, ESP traction bars and Blackworks coilovers.
                            lAlright, that makes sense. I was running custom 3" pipe from my cat back with Vibrant resonator and muffler and that shit was loud! The resonator didn't fit well so i switched to a longer 2.5" unit and 2.5" pipe from the cat back and it's still too loud for a daily.

Gotta get the traction bar used if you're going ESP. Blackworks coilovers are quality pieces? I don't know anything about them.

Comment

If they won't offer new ones anymore I'll just have one made locally.

Comment

Great updates, I'm glad to see you're still at it! I've said this before but this is my favorite thread on here. What's your method for plugging the egr port at the cyl head/IM flange? I ended up tapping the head for 3/8" pipe thread and using a flush pipe plug. I'm curious to hear what you always do. I would've loved to have the hole in the exh port welded shut but the head was not being torn down or rebuilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X