No announcement yet.

sonikaccord : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up some Fikse Aros 17x8.5 et37. Should go well with the CB. Simple and clean:

Also got this installed:

It's so stable and predictable and I haven't pushed it yet.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

nice rims, and your suspension is looking proper
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Thx cb9love!

Ok I think it's time to admit that I have a problem...
        Ladies & gents of CB7Tuner...I cannot finish one project before starting on another.

Now that that's out of the way- I have a few issues with my wheel mounting that I was already aware of.

1. Will not clear RL calipers without a 20mm spacer.
        2. Wheels almost sit flush without spacing and minimal camber
        3. Can't space the front and not space the rears...that would just be awkward.

I'm picking up 20 and 25 mm spacers for the front and rear, respectively. That will put my offsets at about +18 and +13. Very aggressive offsets there...hmmmm.
        I'm pretty good at fiberglassing, I could make flares.
        I could get a body shop to fab a widebody like an e46 M3 style of flares.
        I could get new wheels.
        I could get stock accord brakes.

I'm going to sit on this for a bit, in the meanwhile here are pics. Y'all can hate on my tire size IDGAF.

Needs another .5" drop

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I like those rims a lot more on your car than the other ones you have.

Comment

I really like these wheels, but I'm not sold on the flare idea. I would get some Accord brakes if I were in that situation.

Good to see some updates from you!
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Thanks guys. Only Ronald_type_r could pull off flares, I wouldn't be able to do it.

If I could do bodywork I would add ~1.5-2" to the fender, just a subtle but more aggressive look. A la:

I bought some 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers from a local guy who owns a Gen coupe for a very good price. I'll try them on when I get the time and I'll be sure to post pics. I do not want to run more than 2* camber, but at the same time I want to be able to vary it from 0-3 for playing around in auto-x.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The M3 CSL is my favorite out of all M3's. Gosh, I would love to have one.

Nice pics of the Progress bar and the ESP Tie bar too! I once heard Jarret say he wasn't sure about the ESP bar because of clearance issues with the Progress bar, now I know that they both work!
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Those are some nice rims any plans to go lower? Looks good man.
                  My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Thanks man, only about .5-.75 in more. I want about a half a finger to 1 finger sized wheel gap. It'll be clean, but not slammed.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I think it'll look proper with a finger or two gap. She's coming along well.
                      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Why haven't I come here before. Now i have so many questions........

First, my draw dropped when I seen you ordered all ESP stuff. I have the traction bar, ALT relocation, and am going to buy the front upper strut. I have ractive front upper, rear upper, and rear lower now, but want to change over to ESP. I thought about getting the rear 4 point but said naaa.......... i do use the trunk occasionally and I have a sub box.

And I hear you on the wheels. I bought the 35et and have come to realize they do not fit (and i don't like them). So I'm going to go with 42 or 45, and after reading your post I think I'll go 45 as someday I want TL calipers.

AND we also have the same seats! I have 97 prelude seats in the car now, but have the black 92 seats (the same as yours). They are the one piece and hug your body more compared to the 97 prelude ones. But I'm waiting to find some rails to make these work. What did you do for rails?
                        On my 97 seats I had to adapt the accord rails to the 97 seats. Was a huge pain in the ass and I don't like how the seat sits. It reclines too far back. Do your seats do this too? (assuming you used the accord rails)

I also have to do all my bushings. While I have all the uppers, I think I"m just going to buy new LCA for the lowers.

Keep going with this ride, me like!

Comment

I had a sub a while ago, it was a 12" Eclipse Aluminum. Easily my favorite sub. I have thought about how I would add another sub and still have enough space to carry a decent amount of things in the boot. It would involve 21 inches and cutting some sheet metal lol.

I'm going to pull a part tomorrow to scoop up some stock brakes so I can mount these wheels. My current tires are done for and I refuse to buy just 2 more. I heard/read the TL Brembos are harder to mount than the RLs. Not sure if that's true but definitely post up if you get them.

I used the Prelude rails spaced out with nuts and washers to fit the Accord mounting holes. I have to either bend the rail that doesn't match up or fab up a small bracket to have all four mounting points. I have a 90 angle bracket now and I am not comfortable with it. The seats do hug nicely though. I sit with about a 10 degree incline so they are perfect. Since I am using the OEM prelude brackets I have full range of motion.

The lowers are a pain!! That's a good move.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                            I had a sub a while ago, it was a 12" Eclipse Aluminum. Easily my favorite sub. I have thought about how I would add another sub and still have enough space to carry a decent amount of things in the boot. It would involve 21 inches and cutting some sheet metal lol.

I'm going to pull a part tomorrow to scoop up some stock brakes so I can mount these wheels. My current tires are done for and I refuse to buy just 2 more. I heard/read the TL Brembos are harder to mount than the RLs. Not sure if that's true but definitely post up if you get them.

I used the Prelude rails spaced out with nuts and washers to fit the Accord mounting holes. I have to either bend the rail that doesn't match up or fab up a small bracket to have all four mounting points. I have a 90 angle bracket now and I am not comfortable with it. The seats do hug nicely though. I sit with about a 10 degree incline so they are perfect. Since I am using the OEM prelude brackets I have full range of motion.

The lowers are a pain!! That's a good move.
                            Ya, i think I may stick with the prelude seat rails and fab up a 90deg. bracket. I can't remember if all other holes line up, but i think they do.

Comment

I bought some Legend dual pistons and rotors to mount my wheels temporarily, but the damn slide pin was frozen in the bracket. It was removed but it was too far gone. So those are going in the FS section here. Hopefully Jarrett can hook me up with another bracket.

Now we have another issue with the spacers. The back of the wheel has no reliefs so the stud from the hub doesn't allow the wheel to sit flush. I called Fikse and they told me that it would be fine to get pockets milled for the wheel. It's one more step backwards...
                              I still have to do a test fit, probably mod my fenders and do a bunch of other crap. It may just have to wait until next spring because I hate working in the winter.

I can still do the little accent stuff like the FFC top hat, some braces and other cosmetic related mods. Redo my caliper paint to gold to match my gold trunk emblem and ESP parts. Install my ss braided brake lines.

Get an alignment...Oh my alignment jig kind of worked, but I have no centerline chassis reference so it's a pain to set my toe relative to the rear wheels (thrust angle). The jig needs some more mods done to it, but camber and caster are spot on.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Do you drive your car in the winter? wait........ do you have winter?

Comment

Working...
                                X