Restless : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Restless View Post
    Another goal of mine for this project is to inspire so people can see the potential for our chassis like many of our fellow CB7 members have done, as well as the other Honda/car enthusiasts out there. Also, when I go through af 1132 member's rides thread it always makes me want to go to the drag strip.
    After your tune...DO IT!!!! You know you want to...
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
      I'm sort of in the same boat, I want to have a second car so I can drive it while my CB is down. I had an integra, but I rather get a 93-95 civic coupe or a CB7 coupe ( leaning more towards the CB7 as it will be more safe from theives compared to the civic)

wish you the best on your endeavors, choose wisely. :P
      Thanks man I appreciate it.

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
      After your tune...DO IT!!!! You know you want to...
      Not going to lie, I want to just to see if I can beat my old times and run some high 15s. I may need to shed some weight though because the last time I went, I weighed in around 3140 lbs.

Comment

your screen name is exactly how it feels when modifying cars lol. RESTLESS!

good job so far man.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
          your screen name is exactly how it feels when modifying cars lol. RESTLESS!

good job so far man.
          Oh no doubt. I spend a few hours throughout the week sometimes just looking at the same parts just pricing everything even though I don't have the $ for it yet. It gets repetitive and makes me RESTLESS lol. But thanks man I appreciate it. Nice signature too by the way. I know my car definitely gets more attention (not always, girlfriend behind me trying to see what I'm typing ) and $ spent on it than her.

Comment

Still slight oil leak

So I went to take my car for a drive to do some datalogging (and get a smoothie) just to make sure the check engine light bulb wasn't unplugged and everything seemed alright. However, before I left I checked the ground and noticed there was a wet spot on my driveway. So I got underneath the car and saw that there was still oil leaking from what I'm assuming is coming from the front main seal. Now I was told that all oil leaks had been fixed, but clearly it hasn't. I'm somewhat in a bind because although I want to get this taken care of, I'm not sure I can trust Collective due to bad past experiences which is why I haven't gone to them since 2011.

For example, they lost my trust when the last time I had some work done by them and my crankshaft pulley just popped off. And to even consider them to change my front main seal, which would involve them taking off my crankshaft pulley, makes me skeptical. However, I'm like this with anyone who works on my car and I pay very close attention to anything that wasn't the same before I let them work on it. For instance, when I got my car from the body shop I had a missing headlight bolt or when I got my car back from getting my LSD installed I had a few dents and scrapes on my Cusco strut bar.

Since my tune is right around the corner, I'd like for this to be resolved as quickly as possibly, but I highly doubt it'll happen because of $, trust issues, and time constraints due to work schedule and school work. From my previous posts, I mainly took it in to get rid of my IAT sensor cel code I was throwing, but was told by Blair I had a cam seal leak. Without any hesitation, I told him it was fine to change, but to look into changing the front main seal also since I wanted all leaks fixed. My main reason for this recommendation of that particular seal to be changed was due to working underneath my car for a few hours each day just to isolate the main area the oil was coming from. A day later, Scott called me saying the oil pan gasket had the leak and that my rear main seal was dry. But wouldn't that involve in them removing my transmission or transmission casing just for the rear main seal to be visible and didn't I tell them to check the front main seal instead.

Mainly, I just bummed because of the $ I spent to have the cams seals and oil pan gasket replaced, yet still have a oil leak and not be acknowledged of what I recommended in the first place. In addition, Scott said if I had any kind of oil leaks to immediately come see him which just makes me contemplate was this planned to get more business out of me since our economy is really slow right now. All in all, I still respect Scott's knowledge and opinions when it comes to Honda's, H22's, and our CB7 chassis, but it's just incidents like this which makes me lose faith in his shop.

Anyways, sorry guys for the long rant. Now I don't even feel like working on my engineering homework.

Comment

That sucks, dude. Nothing is worse than feeling like you got worked over by a shop you trusted to do a job you couldn't/didn't want to do yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                That sucks, dude. Nothing is worse than feeling like you got worked over by a shop you trusted to do a job you couldn't/didn't want to do yourself.
                Without a doubt, it just seems hard now a days to find an honest mechanic or at least where I live it is. But that wasn't the first time I've paid Collective to fix something they said they did, but went the cheap route. For instance, when I had a transmission leak back when I first got my swap done I noticed the transmission casing was cracked. So I took it back to Scott who was suppose to replace the whole transmission casing with a new one which wasn't cheap. Long story short, it never was. It looked like some JB weld was just put into the crack which still leaked and I ended up having to buy a new one myself and had someone else install it. I hate to keep putting them down, but it seems I've had more consistent bad experiences than good with them. Also, in the pictures below that rubber seal around the oil pan the looks cracked is that the oil pan gasket? Hopefully not cause that's what was replaced. Well I guess I'll see how my appointment at UMS Tuning goes.

Last edited by Restless; 09-19-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

They screwed you. That gasket is old and damaged.

Comment

Dang, man. I'd be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                      They screwed you. That gasket is old and damaged.
                      Yeah that's what I figured. Just wanted another opinion before I started making statements or claims. Once my session is done at UMS, I'll be heading over to Collective to see what they have to say if I make it there before 5 PM. I swear it's like they think I'm clueless when it comes to working on cars. In some areas yes, but in others not so much. Especially, when it's something visible I always like to take a look myself. I should've bought the gasket set myself. Thanks though wildBill3 for your insight.

Comment

Trip to UMS Tuning

So I've tried to get a hold of Collective, but either their phone isn't working or they're intentionally not picking up my calls. Anyways, so here are my results from my tune. Tony didn't post the baseline graph on here, not sure why, but it definitely runs smoother and my AC works with this ECU now. Some problems we ran into in the beginning of the tune was my TPS was acting up then eventually wouldn't work so I had them replace it with a new one. Glad they were straight up with me about that because I did notice when I got my car back from a shop I had fix it to pass emissions, my car was idling a lot higher than before even though I adjusted the idle screw a few weeks after. Also, on the last run I threw a code 41 oxygen sensor heater. Just to make sure , I can just replace my O2 sensor with a new Denso and it should go away correct or should I measure the resistance first to see if it's giving me the 10-40 ohms? Just wondering cause Tony the tuner at UMS Tuning said he disabled the O2 heater, but to get it fixed and bring it back cause it's on "open loop" which I believe is due to the fact of the O2 sensor being disabled. My guess for this is because in SManagaer in the Parameters tab there's a "closed loop" tab which allows you to disable the O2 heater, as well as adjust some other things to tune your vehicle mainly related to the air/fuel mixtures. Also, him telling me that instead of just letting me on my way definitely reassured me that I chose I good place to go to.

I was a little disappointed in the torque numbers, but hopefully when some internal performance mods are done I'll be happier. Also, here's some pictures of inside of the shop. Tony has definitely earned his stripes in the time attack and road racing realm.

Also, I averaged 27.4 mpg for both the drive up there with no AC and back with AC.
                        Last edited by Restless; 09-19-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Yesterday, afternoon I finally got a hold of Collective after trying all afternoon Friday when I got back from my tuning appointment. Pretty much I told him I still had an oil leak and then asked if he had changed the oil pan gasket. Once he said he did, I told him I took some pictures underneath my car of the oil pan and it looks as if the oil pan gasket had never been changed and it feels hard and looks ripped. He then asked if I could drop my car off by the shop so he could look at it, but having some exams coming tomorrow and the next day, I told him possibly on Wednesday I can stop by to show him, but I can't drop it off. Well yesterday night, I decided to take my car up the street get some energy drinks and my car wouldn't start back up as I was trying to leave circle k. I was able to get it home though with some help of a few friends who helped me push it back to my house (thank god circle k is just right outside my neighborhood lol). After doing some troubleshooting, I came to the conclusion it's my main relay so I ordered a new one of those, as well as a new O2 sensor. Hopefully, this gets my car up and running, but just an update on how the vehicle itself is doing. Also, my odometer stops working intermittently, but works for the most part.
                          Last edited by Restless; 09-24-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Make sure you take it into Collective sooner rather than later or they'll stop taking your complaint seriously. And stay at the shop to watch them work on it so you know they're performing the work they're promising.

That sucks about the relay!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                              Make sure you take it into Collective sooner rather than later or they'll stop taking your complaint seriously. And stay at the shop to watch them work on it so you know they're performing the work they're promising.

That sucks about the relay!
                              Yeah I was going to stop by tomorrow after I get out of class to see if I can get some type of refund which I highly doubt. So I might have to just have them do what they originally were suppose to do in the first place, but I'll definitely stay there and watch them this time. Also, it does suck about the relay, but at least it's something I can fix myself.

Comment

Collective just called

So yesterday, after one of my exams I had stopped by Collective, but no one was there. However, I did talk to a shop owner that's next door to them and told them about my dilemma. Well word must have got to Blair who seems to be mainly the mechanic and only one working at the shop which called me just now to fess up to his mistake and offer me a refund this Friday. There's no question about it, I'm happy to hear this, yet at the same time I have my fingers crossed and hope everything will be resolved. Mainly due to the fact that it takes time for me to save money. So, if all goes well I won't be left with a sour taste in my mouth and will be content with the services in which they provided.

Comment

Working...
                                X