Greetings strangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings strangers

Ok, so not really strangers. Only been like 2 or 3 weeks since I haven't logged on.

Reasoning for my brief absence is I've moved to the big ol' city of Calgary for a new job. And for that, I can actually thank cb7tuner, because I got the job through one of our members. (with the red wagon you may have seen in some of my white coupe's pics)

I packed up and left the Mitsubishi dealership and the nice place I was living in Lethbridge.

So now, I've moved to Calgary and temporarily staying with my friend/coworker/cb7tuner member (infamouscb9). I'm working at a high end car dealership doing detail work. In my first 2 weeks there, I've worked on a 911,2 Cayennes, 2 MaseratiQuattroportes, countless BMWs and Mercedes, a couple Range Rovers. We have a 2008 Gallardo in our inventory, and one of the business partners just purchased a Ferrari F12, if that gives you any idea of how much money is flying around this place.

I've still got the SI, but we will be trying to sell it through the dealership. Last week I picked up a 1991 Volvo 940 Turbo for a winter beater through a guy at work. I figured I'd rather spend $550 on a car, rather than $500+ for snow tires on the Civic that I won't be keeping. The Volvo is actually in really, really good condition in and out.

Basically just going through a huge change in my life right now. Thanks to this place, I'd never have met Mike who has become such a good friend, and who was awesome enough to give me this opportunity to better my life.

And that's what I've been up to. Been hard finding places to rent around here though, so been spending lots of my free time searching and viewing places.

Happy4 u friend!
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

After having no luck finding rental places, I put up a want ad this afternoon.

Had 4 phone calls and 5 emails within 3 hours. I took the second place I viewed. A 3 bedroom house shared with a really nice South African lady in the more upscale northwest part of the city in a quiet area. Just what I was after, rather than having to deal with apartments.

Will be moving in there hopefully next week.

Comment

Cool man. Good luck!

Comment

Glad to hear things are getting better for you. Lets see that Volvo.
          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Glad to hear your moving up in the world Mikey! When you getting back in a cb?

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Wimp go low or go home haha
            Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
            Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              After having no luck finding rental places, I put up a want ad this afternoon.

Had 4 phone calls and 5 emails within 3 hours. I took the second place I viewed. A 3 bedroom house shared with a really nice South African lady in the more upscale northwest part of the city in a quiet area. Just what I was after, rather than having to deal with apartments.

Will be moving in there hopefully next week.
              Diplomatic immunity.

Points if you guys get the reference!!
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                Diplomatic immunity.

Points if you guys get the reference!!
                ^^^^^^^^^^second reference....who shot right after that statement^^^^^

mike, is the South African lady single?
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Good to see your doing well and doing big things.

BTW, Your not the only one thats been MIA. Lol.

Comment

Ok, I'm back...again. I've moved into a new place. The one with the South African lady wasn't working due to the location being too far away. I ended up getting a basement suite in a duplex that's 3 blocks from work.

So now I've got internet again. Yay.

I guess it's time I show off that ol' Volvo I picked up. I bought some used snow tires for it the other day that I still need to get mounted. My insurance cheque finally came in for the Civic. $1800, and it's already spent on bills.

The Volvo's pretty sweet. AC, heated seats, moonroof, aftermarket deck, Alpine speakers, K&N drop in filter. Just rolled 300,000km on it the other day. Runs awesome. Has a couple squeaks and rattles to address, but overall it's a solid, reliable runner. Plus living 2km from work, I won't really be racking up miles. This thing is in pretty good shape cosmetically. These pics are after I spent about 2 hours doing a full detail on it last Saturday.

This thing does awesome burnouts btw.
                    Last edited by crazymikey; 10-31-2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Booo-urns!

Went to register the Volvo today, to find out that it's from British Columbia, meaning it needs an out of province safety inspection. That means I'll be needing to do repair work that exceeds the value of the car.

The guy I bought it from will be buying it back from me. Sucks, I really liked that car.

Oh well, atleast the snow tires I bought for it wil fit on the Civic.

Comment

Looks good, too bad you have to get rid of it. Back to the Civic?
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          Booo-urns!

Went to register the Volvo today, to find out that it's from British Columbia, meaning it needs an out of province safety inspection. That means I'll be needing to do repair work that exceeds the value of the car.

The guy I bought it from will be buying it back from me. Sucks, I really liked that car.

Oh well, atleast the snow tires I bought for it wil fit on the Civic.
                          So there are cons to living in Canada!
                          MRT
                          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                          Originally posted by Tippey764
                          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

lol. If you remember when I traded my white CB coupe for the Integra, I spent over $1200 on the Integra to get it to pass an out of province inspection.

After that, I'm never going through that again unless the car is no more than a couple years old.

So yes, back to the Civic. Luckily the 205/55/16 snow tires I bought for the Volvo were mounted on 16" 5x114 steelies, so they'll bolt onto the Civic and are the correct 16" size.

I only live like a 2 minute drive to work, and most stuff I need is only 5 minutes away, so the new location has really cut down on how much travelling I have to do.

Comment

Some states in the US have inspection too.
                              I'm not one of them, so I don't know how much it costs.

How close to Point Pelee are you? That's the only place I've been to in Canada in the past decade.
                              MRT
                              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                              Originally posted by Tippey764
                              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X