Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gloryaccordy: 2012 Infiniti G37S

Pics to follow

Spun a bearing in the Civic, replaced the engine, found out the replacement engine had a broken P/S mount, had to replace it AGAIN (was DAYS out of warranty). Engine replacements are cheap ($1000) but still a PITA, and while I love and am proud of the build otherwise (8th gen Civic is such a great platform and mine handles phenomenally for the parts I have in it), the lack of refinement and such was annoying.

On a whim, picked this up. Was between this and a Genesis... the Genesis is really nice, but the aftermarket sucks, and the Hyundai 8AT was lazy. Deal breaker.

Anyway,

ENGINE

Stock VQ37VHR

Plans: true dual exhaust w/cut-outs. Not much else needed with 330HP

DRIVETRAIN

Stock Jatco 7AT, RWD
    Nissan VLSD

Plans: None.... end of an era; all 7 of my previous cars were manual. Sadly, I don't miss stick at all, especially considering how awful the VQ 6MT is. I wanted the S in part because of the OEM LSD... this thing lights the fuck up out of the VSC light though.

SUSPENSION/BRAKES/TIRES

Tein Basis Z
    ESR SR07 19x9.5 all around
    Continental DWS06- 255/40
    Stoptech Blanks
    Hawk HPS?

Overall I'm pretty happy. When I bought the Z, I had the opportunity to buy a G35 6MT sedan for the same price. In retrospect, I should have went that route. I am loving the refinement and easiness... and when I want to push I can. Plus I still have the bike when I need to plug in.

Been averaging 1 car every 2 years.... hoping to keep this one for at least 2-3x that.
    Last edited by gloryaccordy; 10-17-2017, 08:33 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Nice little upgrade. Got any pics?
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Big PITA to do over the phone. I wanna get it detailed and polished

Last edited by gloryaccordy; 10-17-2017, 08:30 PM.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ha, the trick worked! G has been through some changes

Coilovers (Tein Basis Zs) and spacers (20mm):

New wheels (ESR SR07s, 19x9.5 square, 255/40 DWS06s)

I'll be honest, I'm a little bored already. The build is basically done; I just need to work the paint. It's a nice DD except for the damn gas, 18MPG on my mostly highway commute after the new tires Already scheming on an MK7 GTI....

Comment

18 MPG? That's all those get?

I've never averaged that low in my Tacoma! My wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee gets 23 MPG combined if she's puttering around town and not on the highway. Is that normal for the model? I don't think I've ever owned anything that got that low, so it's surprising to me.

The original G35 coupe was on my short list when I bought the STi back in 2007 and I always kicked myself for not driving one prior to buying the Subaru.

Comment

Admittedly I drive very aggressively. But my wife had the car for a few weeks, and the best she could do was about 21 MPG, and she drives very gently. Big pistons + big cams (for an OEM engine) = shit mileage. Damn if it doesn't make me shake my head and smile every time I look at it though. And it is the perfect speed for the street.

Comment

Attractive car, especially digging the way the wheel finish compliments the car

Comment

Just when I thought I was out...

G has a similar front suspension setup to the CB with the UCA that wraps around the spring/shock. Got a camber arm and now it's banging the chassis over bumps.....

Comment

Working...
                X