Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension

Looking to upgrade my suspension on my 92. Any suggestions or recommendations on spring/shock combo. Looking to drop it about 1.50 while not being too bouncy

Koni Sport (yellow) shocks and H&R Sport springs.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I second this set up if you’re looking for a 1.5 drop
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Tein Street Basis are pretty nice. Very comfortable imo.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Also a good option. I’d say konis are better than anything tein makes, but the Street Basis offers adjustability and a one piece design that is marginally easier to install.

Comment

Here's the important question, what is your budget?

We can suggest all of the good stuff but if you balk at the idea of spending more than $300 on suspension there's not much we can suggest to that will accomplish what you want.

Comment

The things suggested so far are the cheapest options to meet his goals. The price only goes up from there. Anything cheaper than what has already been suggested is not likely to be safe.

Comment

Also take into account the worn steering components and bushings.

Comment

Imy budget is around 600. While still trying to maintain under that amount

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Will be looking into this. I’m based out in Cali, any good websites that at legit. Where I can order.

Comment

Also willing to go up to 700 if there are better quality spring plus strut combo

Comment

Unless I'm missing a much better deal you will need to be willing to spend a bit more. I found just the Koni dampers for $570 on Tire rack, you would still need at a minimum a decent set of springs which would push you over $600 and probably over $700. This is about the lowest price setup most people here would recommend and the price only goes up from there. If you were willing to save $1,050 you could get a full set of BC Racing coilovers shipped to your door and from my reading and discussion with one of their techs this is a great all around setup.

Comment

I got the Koni yellows for the CB for $480 shipped from Autoanything.com with a 20% off code. I've purchased many sets of Konis from them and have done it every time. I also purchased some H&R springs from them for the same discount. Originally $250, but paid $200.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            I got the Koni yellows for the CB for $480 shipped from Autoanything.com with a 20% off code. I've purchased many sets of Konis from them and have done it every time. I also purchased some H&R springs from them for the same discount. Originally $250, but paid $200.
                            Where did you get the 20% off code? This is a killer deal and probably something that would fit the OP's criteria.

Comment

If you put stuff in your cart at AutoAnything, they will send emails and bug the living daylights out of you to remind you that it's there (assuming you're registered with them). After a few days, they'll send a coupon for 10% off to get you to buy them. Wait a little longer (2 weeks, or so) and they'll send one for 20% off. It's been 2 years since I've purchased anything from them, so YMMV.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X