Multiple exterior questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple exterior questions

So I'm in the market for a new logo-less grill and lip. Here's the questions:

1. Can someone recommend me a good fitting and sturdy grill off eBay (without Honda logo and Honda logo cut-out)? I've seen a few but most seemed crooked and flimsy. I live in Europe so I want to minimize the risk having to send it back.

2. What lip is this? And where can I get it? See below.

3. What size are by be rims and tires below? The fitment is spot on, in my opinion.

Last edited by yh61r; 09-06-2017, 01:41 PM.

Originally posted by yh61r View Post
    1. Can someone recommend me a good fitting and sturdy grill off eBay? I've seen a few but most seemed crooked and flimsy. I live in Europe so I want to minimize the risk having to send it back.
    Don't buy one off ebay. I honestly can't recommend a single one off of ebay that you won't be disappointed with. I'd suggest modifying a good used OEM one to fit your needs. May be something you don't want to hear, but that's the honest truth.
    2. What lip is this? And where can I get it? See below.]
    I believe that's a Legend coupe front lip.
    3. What size are by be rims and tires below? The fitment is spot on, in my opinion.
    17 inch, probably 7.5" maybe 8" wide with a + offset (+20 to + 30). 195/40/R17s based on how they are stretched (popular combo with 17s to get that look).
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Don't buy one off ebay. I honestly can't recommend a single one off of ebay that you won't be disappointed with. I'd suggest modifying a good used OEM one to fit your needs. May be something you don't want to hear, but that's the honest truth.
      Thanks for your honest opinion. I was dreading the "no eBay" comment. Thing is, the OEM grill is chrome. As we all know, chrome is very hard to make paint stick to... That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

I believe that's a Legend coupe front lip.
      Thanks. I'll look into it.

17 inch, probably 7.5" maybe 8" wide with a + offset (+20 to + 30). 195/40/R17s based on how they are stretched (popular combo with 17s to get that look).
      Thanks!

Comment

You can remove the chrome plating to get to the bare plastic and clean and prep it for a good paint job like you would any plastic panel.
        Soak in bleach or even brake fluid and it does come off.

Comment

Seriously? Interesting. And that won't affect the plastic at all?

Comment

Nope, just get a large piece of PVC pipe, fill it up with bleach, insert grill. I'm not sure how long it takes, but it will eventually lift all the chrome plating off.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Using different acids works too, but again that is more costly than bleach or brake fluid.

Time wise, depending on how well the chrome is still attached. Give it a good 24-48 hours to soak, check and see, may have to dump it and put more in (two or three batches worth).

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                Nope, just get a large piece of PVC pipe, fill it up with bleach, insert grill. I'm not sure how long it takes, but it will eventually lift all the chrome plating off.
                Awesome. Thanks! I guess I'll just fill up the Honda logo cut-out, then!

Comment

I'll take back what I said, I completely forgot about Jack Lee. His grilles are the only ones I would suggest getting off ebay. I've bought from him multiple times (here and on ebay) without issue.

jack_lee02
                  Last edited by Jon; 09-07-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jon. You're being very helpful, and I only just joined, haha. Much appreciated!

I contacted him, we're in negotiation.

Comment

I second jack_lee. I bought my real CF G-Square replica off him and I am very pleased with the product.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Glad I checked into here. I had the same questions about the grill.
                        01 AP1 (weekend cruiser)
                        96 Boosted DC2 (my dream car)
                        92 CB7 (winter beater)
                        09 Ruckus
                        92 MKII VR GTI
                        17 Fiesta ST
                        My crew SpeedeG is the featured Team Profile in vol. 5 issue 5 of S3 Magazine. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          I second jack_lee. I bought my real CF G-Square replica off him and I am very pleased with the product.
                          Good! I just ordered it, can't wait for mine to arrive!

Originally posted by jae_rex View Post
                          Glad I checked into here. I had the same questions about the grill.
                          Lucky you, haha. I just ordered mine, I really want to fit it to the car.

Comment

Working...
                          X