Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

FeintMind : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FeintMind : 1991 Accord EX

Hey all, figured I'd get this ball rolling, here's my new commuter CB9; I picked her up a week ago for $400.

Engine: F22A4, Autotragic w/ "sport" mode
    "Spectre" cone air filter & half-intake tube (Kragen Special- On car at purchase)

Exterior:
    Color: Black
    Roof Basket -on car at purchase
    Blackout tint from rear doors back- on car at purchase

Interior:
    STRIPPED at purchase, "custom" reupholstered driver's seat frame using materials sourced from walmart (temporary)

Suspension & Wheels
    Stock Suspension
    18" K9 brand wheels w/ "triangle" brand tires- on the car at purchase.

Audio/Electronics:
    STRIPPED at purchase, save for aftermarket head unit (with no faceplate)

Future Plans:

Definite:
    Repaint hood
    replace driver's side corner light and front turn signal
    replace wheels with 15" stock or basic steelies with decent tires
    install complete burgandy interior already sourced from local junkyard
    (Carpet, all seats, door panels, seatbelts) w/ cream headliner and pillar trims)
    Rewrap stripped-to-foam-dashboard (or possibly spray a rubberized coating, havent decided how I'm going to go about it yet)
    Replace steering rack, PS pump, PS lines, inner/outer tie rods
    Perform Alignment
    New front rotors, pads
    New rear drums, shoes
    Install new head unit, front door speakers
    2x 10" pioneer woofers and Pioneer amp I have laying around

Considering:
    removing all badges
    gutting the inner parts of the front grille to leave just the outer trim of it
    a modest drop via spring/strut combo

Way way way in the future
    5 speed conversion, maayyyyyybe an h22 swap?

Here's the photos of the car from the ad before I bought it:

The car sat at my shop for about a week before I brought it home. Wanted to give it a good looking-over first, and figure out a way to make the bare-metal driver's seat frame more comfortable. (The PO was using regular bed pillows, also didn't include them in the sale )

I took a trip to Walmart and bought a 1.5" thick foam mattress topper, a memory foam contoured pillow, a couple of fleece throw blankets, a couple of rolls of duct tape and went to work...

Here are some pics the first night home, after giving her a much needed bath:

Comment

Today I made a trip to my closest Pick-N-Pull and made a beeline... right to where I knew a relatively fresh arrival (on yard Sept 1st) CB9 was waiting to be harvested... and hit the Jackpot.

The interior was complete, the carpet in great shape, seats in unbelievably good condition, headliner intact... etc. Broke out the tools and got my hands dirty. Made out like a bandit; paid under $300 and got a damn-near complete interior (I skipped some of the plastic trims)

[IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]

I'm going to break out the shopvac and bissel, and over the next several days in my spare time after work I'm going to give everything a thorough cleaning, try to get my dashboard out before next weekend and rewrap it (or maybe spray on rubberized coating, still deciding) and then next weekend I am going to install everything. Look out for pics of the completed interior!

Comment

Nice man, good deal for a whole interior!
        My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
        Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
        Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

The burgundy interior is pretty common so you can still find some of that color parts in 4 door sedans also. I would scrap that dash you have and pull another maybe the one from the same car if it looks good. Dashes come out pretty easy. You'll find that there are allot of pieces in an interior changeover. Especially a wagon and when yours is missing 90 percent of it. Certain parts go in before others so make sure you get everything you can, seatbelts, panel & carpet clips and buttons etc. then you won't be pulling pieces back off to put things you missed in lol. Good luck. Car is definitely a good score.
          5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
            The burgundy interior is pretty common so you can still find some of that color parts in 4 door sedans also. I would scrap that dash you have and pull another maybe the one from the same car if it looks good. Dashes come out pretty easy. You'll find that there are allot of pieces in an interior changeover. Especially a wagon and when yours is missing 90 percent of it. Certain parts go in before others so make sure you get everything you can, seatbelts, panel & carpet clips and buttons etc. then you won't be pulling pieces back off to put things you missed in lol. Good luck. Car is definitely a good score.
            Yeah the wagon I pulled everything from was 100% complete but I chose not to pull most of the lower trim, the dash, the cargo area or the hatch trim.

Honestly just didn't want to haul the rest of the plastics, was running out of space (as it were, we barely had enough space in the truck) and didn't want to go through pulling the dash at the junkyard. I'll make a trip to the local fabric store sometime this week and see if I can find a suitable fabric to wrap the dash in for a decent price. If not, I'll use a rubberized coating spray. I don't really care at the moment about the dash, I'd leave it as is if it weren't for the horrible glare from the sun reflecting off of the light color. Maybe later on I'll go looking for a fresh dash but for now I'm happy with what I've got. And as for the cargo area and hatch I'll probably cut a floor out of MDF and cover with a thin carpet, maybe fab up a trim panel for the hatch out of hardboard and felt or something similar. Kinda playing it by ear.

Comment

haha wow. What happened to all the interior? I'm sure if you had showed the junk yard your car they would of had some pity on your and lowered the price

I'm trying to think of things to help here but i can't. Like the dash... ahh. That looks like the same smooth foam you see in the doors and it's hard to make things stick to it, even with glue. The heat/sun..

WTF... how/why did the other person take the dash .... "coat" off?
              wow they even took the door sills.

Were people murdered in the car? I'm really confused why someone would do this.

Oh! If you want a custom color interior, now is the time! It's a huge pain to take your interior out do change the color. You could paint your dash gold (ya, don't do that = sun glare).

but really... the sky is the limit You know you wanna

Did you get seats? If not you should try and fit a double size bed in there. Leave it with no back seat.

Comment

Oh there is good stuff in here.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

RAF99- I figured out later on that the PO has some kind of OCD or strange paranoia about smells... Its a long story, but, yeah. strange. (EDIT: I found this out because he bought a '07 Odyssey from a dealer before he sold me the wagon, and then delayed on selling it because he didn't like the way the van smelled. He was convinced it was infested with toxic mold. I paid him a visit to see if I could help, bringing along some AC disinfectant spray, and he tried to show me the smells... pointing to the plastic pillar trim behind the driver's seat as the main area of concern. I smelled it. It smelled like plastic. Dude was a nutter.)

I pulled the dash out tonight, have been looking over different ideas on how to go about covering it. I know wrapping it in a fabric or vinyl would be the best option and most professional way of doing it, but I also know it's a HUGE PITA to get it to look even remotely good, and I just don't have the patience or time; and I'm definitely not paying someone to do it... I've come across a few different instances of people repairing their cracked dashes with undercoating, with finished pictures looking damned good; but decided against it as undercoating takes a ludicrous amount of time to dry and be able to be handled.

I know what I'm about to say is likely to make some people cringe, as the product has gained a fair amount of infamy recently as being one of those things that only dumb kids and/or ricers use but... I think I've settled on Plasti Dip. Its ease of use and relatively fast turn-around, not to mention cost effectiveness makes it feel like the best option for what I'm going for... and I've seen quite a few dashes done with it during the time I've been researching and they look pretty damn good. AND THAT LIME GREEN LOOKS SO AWESOME (no, no, totally joking.)

I'm toying with idea of using it on the door panels as well, taping off the fabric/carpeted sections of the door panels and dipping the vinyl sections black to match the dash, leaving the burgandy accents to match the carpet and seats. but I'll wait to see how that dash turns out first.

Second EDIT:

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

Back when I was in high school, I did up my first S13 like this:

I loved it, but the glare was horrendous
                  Last edited by FeintMind; 09-18-2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

haha, i read your mind!

Comment

Working...
                    X