Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dizzy wont turn anymore and still 7 degrees too advanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, i wouldn't blame the mechanic right away. Wait until the proof is there, then say something. Or don't say anything at all and simply take your car else-where.

Comment

There is an easy trick to auto retard ur timing by 15 degrees if dizzy is too far. I did this twice to retard it by 30. Start your car. Insert pin into 2 pin service connector while car is running. Then turn off your car and remove pin from 2 pin service connector. My mechanic got mad at me as i did sort of blame him. But i am sure that car ran with extreme advanced timing when i left his shop. So i lost a good car mechanic. Oh well. I live in a big city. There are others.
      Last edited by zedjr10; 09-05-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Inserting a pin into the service connector is for setting the ECU into base ignition timing mode, something that should be done after a timing belt change and/or checking timing.
        LINKY

How professional is/was your mechanic?

I had a run in with one of our well known local mechanics who didn't fix the issue with my Mom's 626. Took it back to them and told them to fix it. Sure enough they went back through everything and fixed it without bitching. Even apologized for missing the issue/problem the first time (clutch switch).
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Inserting a pin into the service connector is for setting the ECU into base ignition timing mode, something that should be done after a timing belt change and/or checking timing.
          LINKY

How professional is/was your mechanic?

I had a run in with one of our well known local mechanics who didn't fix the issue with my Mom's 626. Took it back to them and told them to fix it. Sure enough they went back through everything and fixed it without bitching. Even apologized for missing the issue/problem the first time (clutch switch).
          He takes things personal. It is easy to fix now knowing that trick. His only mistake was letting my car go off the lot without adjusting my timing correctly or even checking am assuming. Which is kind of a big mistake IMO. All is good now. EGR lift sensor fixed late last night. Car isn't as quick in lower rpms but it is more consistent and fluid power. No jerky herky when i leave off gas. And most importantly, PEACE OF FKN MIND.

Comment

Working...
          X