Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Chevy guy converted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy guy converted

Hi, I'm new to the forums and to Honda's but not to modifying cars. I recently traded my '72 Chevy Nova for a '90 Accord Coupe with an H22A4 swap.

I used to be that guy who would flame Honda owners for thinking their rice burners are fast. After driving this Accord for a few months, I have to admit it has grown on me and is far from slow. I liked it so much that I bought a '91 Integra for my next project.

I still own a '72 Monte Carlo pro-street car. It has a 489 cube big block chevy with a single stage 600HP direct port NX kit on a progressive controller, over 1000HP on juice. Don't believe me? Check out my Youtube page, just search CrazyCarDude1320. That's my channel.

I will upload some pics of the CB7 as soon as I figure out how, lol. I've got big plans for this car, after seeing the potential it has. This site has lots of great info on CB7's. I hope there's some knowledgeable folks out there willing to help with my build. Cheers!

Welcome to the club!

We're all here for the same reason, love of the CB chassis and all of it's potential it has. Be it a H22 swap like yours or building on the original F22AX, there is a lot of room to grow!

Im a car guy and can appreciate any quality build (import or domestic!).
    The only thing I can't stand is people who don't actually work on the cars themselves or don't want to learn some of the ins and outs.
    I know a handful of Chevy and even Ford guys who've swapped over to Hondas and Acuras realizing their potential with only a few upgrades. These efficient high revving motors really come alive with very little.

Post some pics of your 90 Coupe as well as your 72 Monte Carlo and again, welcome!
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Welcome to CB7, I am a believer that Honda's are the Chevy of the import world though in the sense that parts are cheap, abundant and interchangeable.
      Civic = Nova
      Integra = Camaro
      Prelude = Monte Carlo
      Accord = Impala
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Here's some pics of the Accord

Here's one of the engine in my Monte Carlo, Built 100% by yours truly.

Comment

That is a very nice accord you have there and i bet that big block has a very nice torque production. I remember when i was heavily into domestic the goal was to get the motor to put down 1hp per cubic inch and it was task until the introduction of the modern engines 97+ that it became easier while imports had been doing it for years; at that point was when i grew up mentally and began to understand and respect the capabilities of each community. Chevy and Honda have it easier as you can put together combinations cheaply using factory parts from different powerplants and adapters are readily available to mate transmissions as well; you can build 3 Honda or Chevy for the price you can build a decent car of any other make in its respective division. Keep at it my man and will follow what you are doing with both builds.

Comment

Very nice. The Jetta yours too?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
              Very nice. The Jetta yours too?
              Yes, for the moment anyhow. Its a 2000 GLX VR6. Had it for 6 years but I have to sell it....too many cars!!! I've also got a '16 Charger R/T in plum crazy purple for when the toys break too. It's a sickness!

Comment

[QUOTE= I've also got a '16 Charger R/T in plum crazy purple for when the toys break too. It's a sickness![/QUOTE]

Classic Mopar color along with sublime green.

Comment

Yeah!!! Nice rides!

My goal is to dabble in each car community at least once, including the British and Italian. Exposure is a good thing.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

beautiful rides my man! I'll always love my bowties but honestly I'd rather drive a Honda every day..i'll save the Chevy's for car shows/cruising,the Honda can do everything else
                    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
                    dmfb919

Comment

I think the best enthusiasts have an appreciation for all types of cars.
                      I loved my CB7, even though it sat broken for many years (I failed it, rather than the other way around...) I now have an incredibly slow Miata that is a blast to drive, and a 2006 CTS-V that is equally fun for different reasons. I'm looking into a Mini for a daily driver (mainly because my wife misses hers, which was wrecked alongside my CB7 when a junkie smashed into them.) My next two planned projects are going to be a TVR Chimaera and a Volvo 240 (probably with an LS swap.)
                      I'll need to get an Italian car and a proper German car at some point in my life as well!

Anyway, welcome! The CB looks good. Can't go wrong with an H22. I feel that the H22 should've come in the CB from the factory! It's so perfectly matched to the chassis. It makes the car quick enough to be respectable by today's standards. Even now, cars of comparable size and weight (like the Civic Si) are making about the same power! It's not going to be "fast" by big American V8 standards, but the H22 provides enough power to put a grin on your face when you floor it. Especially if you maintain the stock VTEC crossover (which actually hurts acceleration a bit... but that kick is worth it.)

Comment

This post just astonishes me. In 2017 that we still have people discovering the cb7! Never mind moving from a Chevy or Ford. Not quite as dinky as a civic but more like a legend. And fun! The thing I found about the cb7s is that they are fun. The 91 EXR coupe I had would be the same as yours. I've had other accords, fords, chevys (nothing like your amazing machines!) but every time i got back in this car it was so fun! Easy to drive, short shifts, low and had some nice comforts to it. Wasn't a boat, wasn't a civic, not worth $80,000, yet nice to drive. I found the 94's went closer to the 2000's accords with high seats, round corners, and "grandma like".

Welcome to the site. That is a nice looking car you have there. It actually looks perfect.

Comment

I'll chime in and say I'm in the same boat somewhat as OP, except I've owned Hondas as some of my earliest vehicles, and didn't give them a second thought as performance machines until the last 5 years or so.

But more importantly I've come to appreciate how Honda puts things together differently, but still very well. It's hard at first getting to know the ins and outs but every time I do something on this thing I come across something that's a little different.

Like earlier I started to tackle the timing belt. When going to take off the alternator (which now that I'm maybe halfway I'm skeptical as to it even needed to come off, per the Haynes manual) I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't come out, as I'd taken out the adjuster and one anchoring bolt. I felt around quite a bit but couldn't quite figure out how it was still fastened down. Turns out I'd missed the bottom bolt with the full hex head going down its length. It was such an odd shape I missed it while looking right at it.

But it totally makes sense, because being in such a hard to reach area, a normal height bolt head would be a pain in the ass to locate and get a tool on easily.
                          My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                          Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                          Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I will have to say, out of all the different brands of cars that I have driven in the past, this Honda is definitely one of my top picks. I never thought an Accord would be this much fun to drive!

Comment

Working...
                            X