Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help with a title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with a title

alright so long story short,my buddy has a 72 caprice that he picked up in Tennessee while he was in the army,he thought he had the title in the glove box but its gone..went up to see if they would make a duplicate here in Ohio since it was last registered to him and they said they cant do it. Does anyone know if there's a way around this besides driving for 8hrs just to file for a title?
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

He could look into filing for an abandoned car title, if that's an option there. I had a 75 Grand Am that I bought as a kid back in 99. The seller couldn't find the title, so I had the car, but I didn't own it. That's what people told me to do. I never did, though. One day it disappeared. :-/

Comment

man,that would be a kick in the teeth..that sucks. We tried that and apparently since it's been registered within the last year and it's not an Ohio title,they can't do anything. It sucks though,he has an oppertunity to trade his caprice that has a spun rob bearing for a 2002 GMC Yukon on 26s that runs,drives,and looks awesome,i just hate to see my dude miss out on something like that...I'm supposed to be the person with bad luck,not him lol
      dmfb919

Comment

Each state is different and each state has their own stupid laws about these sort of things.

Did your friend ever register it? Either in Tenn. or Ohio?

If NOT, then the best bet would be to contact the previous owner (assuming they know who it is and they still live in Tenn.) and ask them to file for a duplicate title. Because if your friend never registered it in Ohio, Ohio DMV really can't do jack sh*t about it because they have nothing to go on.
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

If he has AAA, they may be able to help with his issue. His local office could maybe contact a Tennessee office to resolve this. Not sure if all AAA offices around the country can handle DMV things, but it doesnt hurt to try.

Comment

the title was in his name already,he has the registration for when he put tags on it,which was back in feb. when he was still in tenn.......i guess we're just gonna have to take a roadtrip back down there for a new title
            dmfb919

Comment

they wont just laser print one while you wait. itll be mailed to the last known address on file. Use the telephone save some dead dinosaurs.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                they wont just laser print one while you wait. itll be mailed to the last known address on file. Use the telephone save some dead dinosaurs.
                i'm glad someone told us before we started driving tomorrow lol
                dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
                  i'm glad someone told us before we started driving tomorrow lol
                  also if its a "lost title" they usually wait like 30 days before issuing one too, at least here in illinois, even when its the owner requesting it.

yeah that wouldve sucked going there for a 10 minute conversation and doing a 180.. good luck to you and your bud.

Comment

I sold a car to my dad and after 2 years of having the car without changing the title he lost it, I will say here what I said then; it's not a matter of luck but simple carelessness so I did him what he would of done to me, sat him down and scolded him before getting a new one processed. One thing nobody has mentioned is that when a title is lost after a sale, it gives the previous owner the chance to be a male organ and get his car back while keeping your money since he has to consent the title change when they verify it was not stolen, friend lost a motorcycle that way. I avoid purchasing anything without a title and file right away when I buy as I had to make multiple trips to court over different circumstances before, never fix a car without having the title first just in case some crap goes down you won't lose more than what you got the car for.
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Here in Texas you can file for a duplicate online using a copy of your DL and a money order in the amount of $2, you print and fill out the form which you send out along with the above and in about 3-4 weeks you get a duplicate.
                      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I would look up the laws in your state. I know in the state of New Hampshire a title is not required if the vehicle is over 20 years old. All you would get is a proof of ownership via a bill of sale and once you register the car in your name the car belongs to you via the registration.

In Massachusetts however, a title is required and with a bill of sale or just a registration they will end up making a new title in your name since you reside in Massachusetts.

I had a similar issue with my last sedan had no title so in order to get it legal in Mass I would have had to gotten a title created for it. I just kept it registered at my old address in NH until I parted it out and the tags ran out.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                        X