Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The Official Daily Dose of Dubstep Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could sticky this thread....then it would always be on the first page!!!
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I wouldn't quite classify the second video as dubstep, but it has some cue's.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Comment

Comment

I am so crazy about Adventure Club check their song Gold, it's been release like today or yesterday and it's something incredible.

Comment

I would rather not create a separate thread since this is really the reason why I'm asking in the first place.

Can someone definte Electronic, House, Trance, Progressive, Techno, and Dubstep, etc and the differences between them? I do listen to this genre, I believe Electronic is the umbrella term but the different styles and how to identify them eludes me. Perhaps ender you can post some examples?

My favortie artists are Kaskade, Deadmau5, Daft Punk, Armin Van Buren, Tiesto, and Skrillex. Not sure what they fall under specifically.
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                I would rather not create a separate thread since this is really the reason why I'm asking in the first place.

Can someone definte Electronic, House, Trance, Progressive, Techno, and Dubstep, etc and the differences between them? I do listen to this genre, I believe Electronic is the umbrella term but the different styles and how to identify them eludes me. Perhaps ender you can post some examples?

My favortie artists are Kaskade, Deadmau5, Daft Punk, Armin Van Buren, Tiesto, and Skrillex. Not sure what they fall under specifically.
                I may not be 100% accurate but after listening to many different types of electronic dance music, I think I know a tiny bit haha.

Wikipedia is your best bet. Search EDM. It has a list of the different sub genres which fall underneath the umbrella as you said. Many of them have pages which tell you the different characteristics as well as popular artists in each genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...c_music_genres

Techno is thought of to be the first form of EDM originating in the Chicago rave scene. House music evolved from that and now we have progressive house which takes the basic form of house and introduces other influences from the other genres.

Trance is sped up techno, but with calmer melodies. Sometimes accompanied by vocals.

Dubstep came from garage music in the UK and contrary to popular belief, Skrillex doesn't really make dupstep. Dupstep has just become the new "it" word to describe heavy bass lines and a " filthy drop". The songs you hear today classified as dubstep really isn't. In fact, most of the songs in this thread aren't really "dubstep." If you look up Skream, his older stuff is what is considered actual dubstep.

It's much like what happened to trap which was discussed in another thread. Started out as hip-hop/rap from the Southern U.S. Now it's used to describe a slowed down mix of hip-hop and house that uses strong build ups to a drop that uses more of a beat rather than bass lines like current dubstep does.

The "drop" is a common factor in a lot of new songs that play today but that's evolved over time and now, some artists are trying to do away with it as it's too common and gets over played making songs predictable.

P.S. I love all those artist as well. Tiesto, Deadmau5, and Skrillex were the first 3 people I listened too and it's spread to about 90+ artists right now.

Tiesto started with techno/trance. Moved into house and is now considered the godfather of electronic music because he keeps transcending genres moving towards more progressive stuff recently.

Deadmau5 and Kaskade usually make progressive house. Kaskade actually started out with a R&B type of flavor if you go back to his first album. Armin is like the father of trance. Skrillex... can't really classify him and that's what I like about his style. If you like him, check out Dog Blood. It's him and Boyz Noize paired together.

Hope this helped!
                Last edited by zmanwit90accord; 09-05-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Fenech soler - lies doctor p remix

Fenech soler - demons sigma remix

Your ears will thank you.
                  10th Anniversary Accord.
                  05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Comment

I usually don't like tracks that sound like this, but with the combination of Sub Focus, Alex Claire, and the highly political video.... I can't help myself. This is where Drum and Bass crosses genres and joins Trance, enjoy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Somethin bout those little pills unreal the thrills they yield until they kill a million brain cells
                            Last edited by cloudasc; 10-19-2013, 12:26 AM.
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Comment

First video embed for me, hope it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X