No announcement yet.

Rescuing Ruby, Extensive Quarter Panel Rust Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually right out side. West of the city. Literally a five minute drive into west philly though. Upper Darby?

I would love to have done that to save a cb though. Too bad Ohio is out of driving distance..
    (sorry to hear about your wife)

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
      (sorry to hear about your wife)
      Thanks, it's OK. Unfortunately it happens, 18 years ago, leukemia. Remarried since, picked up a 3rd daughter in the deal, had a son and another daughter (hers, mine, and ours). I apologize to readers, a little off topic.
      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 06-02-2012, 09:52 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Gotcha well I am very interested in you saving Ruby. I cant wait until she is back up and on the road again.

Is she sitting half chopped? Or you finished up the one side and still need to start on the other?

Because when mine gets like yours i want to save her from the scrap yard as well!

Comment

If you've been through the whole thread, you'll see that the right side is complete. The driver side still looks like the photo a few posts back. I need to start cutting spot welds at the door opening, rocker, C pillar, and at the trunk opening.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Good luck man i read through it yesterday. I just forgot which one.
            I'm going to watch this thread i can't wait to see her all finished.

Comment

Weather and work finally cooperated today, removed the door jamb section.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Removed most of the rest of the quarter today.

Update Sunday Feb. 26. Removed some of the wheel housing; donor wheel housing shown in pictures. Trying to decide whether to keep the repair below the gas filler or go above it. There is only adhesive between filler socket and the wheel housing, so this one will come off either way. I'll have to pull out the manual to find out how to remove the filler door cable, sure isn't obvious even with the quarter gone.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

This has to be my favorite repair ever! Your going so far with this thing! Use some rust proofing so it doesn't rust again!!

Comment

Any updates man? I painted mine yesterday, I had like 2 hours today to put stuff together and have about another 2 hours tomorrow. Hopefully everything it back in haha

Here are a few pics of it painted!

Comment

I've done a little more cutting preparing for installation of the wheel housing section. Weather and work haven't been very cooperative. It is going to be warm this weekend, so if I don't have to work at the in-laws' place, I should be able to make some progress.

Yours look great in the photos, wanna paint mine?

Comment

yo man true dedication son..whats your address so i can drop mine off to get it done this is the second time my rust is coming back is like my car is being eaten alive literally on a daily basissmh how idk but daily

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                          I've done a little more cutting preparing for installation of the wheel housing section. Weather and work haven't been very cooperative. It is going to be warm this weekend, so if I don't have to work at the in-laws' place, I should be able to make some progress.

Yours look great in the photos, wanna paint mine?
                          Thanks man haha, the paint came out beautiful, but the body work wasn't so great. I would love to go down there and paint yours, but thats a far ride!

Comment

Any new updates on ruby?

Comment

awesome shit

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                                Any new updates on ruby?
                                Work, the lawn (it EXPLODED when the weather got warm), and work at my in-laws have kept me from working on it. I also bought another CB7 to fix up and maybe make a little profit on to fund a paint job. Keep asking, it'll embarrass me to get back to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X