CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2020, 11:06 PM   #21
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT seems to have made some friends!
I just spent three hours on the freeway in the dark, driving my new CB9 home (), and now I have to ask: are your guys' windows tinted? Bright low beams behind me generally aren't a bother in my RSX with its 20% tint, but the wagon's got no tint and everyone in my rear- and side-view mirrors was blinding the hell out of me. I had the rear-view flipped to 'night mode' for pretty much the entire drive, which I really don't like doing just because it feels a bit less safe/reliable of a view imo. Tint's going to have to be squeezed into my winter budget.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
MRT | Engine build

Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-18-2020 at 11:18 PM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:36 PM   #22
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Why is this the first of us hearing of your new wagon? Why is it not in your other threads? A bit off topic.

My windows in my cb7 aren’t but in my tundra and wife’s rogue yes. Tundra has auto dim which is nice. But I am constantly in night mode in my rogue and we have 15% all around.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:25 AM   #23
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Sorry, the situation just reminded me more of this thread and my own findings (no fancy auto dim or anything like that in the RSX; maybe it's the lack of greenhouse?), than of making a dedicated new-wagon post. Who here hasn't seen a boring stock CB?

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
MRT | Engine build
Old 01-19-2020, 04:52 PM   #24
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
The audi has auto dim side mirrors and rear view mirrors. Plus tint on the back window. I wish the car still had power folding mirrors so I could block out the bright lights behind me.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:55 PM   #25
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Is that even legal, to drive with the mirrors folded? I know the CB had an optional delete plate on the passenger side, but still.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:01 PM   #26
SSMAccord
CB7tuner Member

SSMAccord seems to have made some friends! SSMAccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Yahoo to SSMAccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Sorry, the situation just reminded me more of this thread and my own findings (no fancy auto dim or anything like that in the RSX; maybe it's the lack of greenhouse?), than of making a dedicated new-wagon post. Who here hasn't seen a boring stock CB?
We are eagerly awaiting the genesis of the Aero-R project. And now that it is underway...
SSMAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:06 PM   #27
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Is that even legal, to drive with the mirrors folded? I know the CB had an optional delete plate on the passenger side, but still.
Not sure. Probably not.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:40 PM   #28
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
I just spent three hours on the freeway in the dark, driving my new CB9 home (), and now I have to ask: are your guys' windows tinted? Bright low beams behind me generally aren't a bother in my RSX with its 20% tint, but the wagon's got no tint and everyone in my rear- and side-view mirrors was blinding the hell out of me. I had the rear-view flipped to 'night mode' for pretty much the entire drive, which I really don't like doing just because it feels a bit less safe/reliable of a view imo. Tint's going to have to be squeezed into my winter budget.
Get a Broadway mirror with the blue anti-glare coating. It's basically a auto-dim mirror on the cheap.

I don't know if any companies make CB specific side glass like Prova did for the WRX years ago, but I think it's just a film you can put on the side mirrors that will solve that.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: