No announcement yet.

Bisi takes the blue Wago to Jay Leno's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason I started this thread was really due to the shock I experienced when seeing this car on Jay's show. I first wanted to know what everyone's response was to that fact, seeing as Jay's knowledge and experience with Hondas is not that extensive. I personally thought it was quite cool of Jay to branch out and squeeze in this little Wago and give a Honda some airtime on his show.

I had never heard Bisi talk before or seen a video of him, and others on here have much more experience with him than I do, even though I had cam parts his company sold me. Thus, I really wanted to know if this is his true personality and how he converses with people. To me, he came across somewhat like the performance shop version of a politician, being careful to continue to promote his brand.

I've known about all the shady business practices and screwed customers - and their disdain for him - for years, so I didn't intend to just start another thread to go off on him.

I could imagine myself watching this video (or the others on Jay's channel showcasing his builds) not having known or experienced any of the negative past with this guy. I would, to some degree, hope that he would put the same passion he puts into his builds into his customer projects. Experience here says that is not what happens. I think he's been in the Porsche game long enough now to see if he changed his approach.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

As for the car...

It's ... not bad. Not sure why, just not something I get excited over. Never was. Maybe it's the notion of this guy being big time. I'd rather see a "nobody" have this built than someone with resources and connections. Or would be better if he had a team of guys who all built it.

It does look like he's sitting on a bar stool. I mean, that car is bouncing around like a honda civic would. Bucking and bobbing. Too much power, manual steering, tiny brakes (for the power). Vibrating in the wheel, in your butt, in your feet, in the shifter. Noise! Gear noise, engine noise, exhaust noise, he may as well put carbon brakes on there to complete the package. Always having to scream i bet.

So.... great for show and drag but this combo on the streets is horrendous. I wonder if he bends things like UCA, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpys93 View Post
        ... Sure He Can Build Impressive Things But When You Take Advantage Of A Community That You Know Is Starving For Some Attention And Exploit It. That’s A No No. I Don’t Care How Long Time Goes By He Burned Some Honest Working People For His Own Pleasure And Didn’t Bother To Try And Fix His Wrong Doings.
        This!!!
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
          He went onto Fastest car with a "I will show you attitude" and got shown up by a guy who built his car in his house garage then immediately went on to making excuses to why he lost as if he didnt know what he was going in for.

He then went into Hyperdrive as a co-builder with another 1000hp car that did not do well at all and once again started making excuses as to why it didnt perform leaving me asking again; did they NOT know what they were going in for?

He lost credibility in the Honda community when he was found to be a salesman not "custom making" his headers to car specs although that is what the customer build sheet was supposed to be used for, instead they were getting a generic $1500 header NOT made by his company; worse part was that when welds started to break and people started to ask questions and demand assistance he went into defensive stating installer error in some cases went as far as stating that if people wanted better welds it would be another 1k.

Then we have the "custom forged pistons" for the F22 that ended up being 4G pistons reboxed and marked up.

I think he is a smart businessman as he chose a market with no support thus making him the only option for parts and the insight gave the CB7 community a dream which helped him become a name with a godlike reputation.
          I wouldn't say he is a smart businessman. Screwing people in a small market is not smart business because not only will they not come back, but word travels and then most of the people in your small market don't come back.

He is NOT well respected in Honda circles among people that know.

That said, he seems to be holding on with Porsche, but a lot of those people just want something unique. I mean what are you really going to do with an alleged 1,000HP car but brag about it anyway? Plus, 50% of the Porsche tuning market is just based on uncorking the engine sound and getting that glorious sound because they are fast enough anyway.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I did notice he said some of his parts where made by someone else for his specifications
            I am actually going to swap a k24z2 into my cb7 with the same single exhaust poart and boost it
            My goal is 500hp
            How are you guys posting pictures now ? Photobucket wants to charge ?
            Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
            93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Lots of people are switching over to Flickr, it seems.

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                I mean what are you really going to do with an alleged 1,000HP car but brag about it anyway? Plus, 50% of the Porsche tuning market is just based on uncorking the engine sound and getting that glorious sound because they are fast enough anyway.
                Unless you live in a truly undeveloped area without any congestion, there is definitely a finite amount of power that makes sense. I don't know what exactly the cap is, but when I had roughly 400 hp in my STi it wasn't a ton of fun to drive around town. All the power / fun was in a 2-3-4 pull and by then I'd be "step out of the vehicle, sir" speeds unless I was on the highway and then I'd be looking at a hefty ticket.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I feel like unless you have a track to properly uncork it or live waaaaaay out in the sticks, having a huge HP car doesn't really have the allure it once did for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                  Maybe I'm getting old, but I feel like unless you have a track to properly uncork it...having a huge HP car doesn't really have the allure it once did for me.
                  I agree with this statement. Cars like this need tracks where you are able to safely and fully go wide open with the most acceleration and at the highest speeds you can. For me, there is always the worry of other unaware motorists or 5-0 that prevent me from doing this on the street, for good reason of course.

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                    Unless you live in a truly undeveloped area without any congestion, there is definitely a finite amount of power that makes sense. I don't know what exactly the cap is, but when I had roughly 400 hp in my STi it wasn't a ton of fun to drive around town. All the power / fun was in a 2-3-4 pull and by then I'd be "step out of the vehicle, sir" speeds unless I was on the highway and then I'd be looking at a hefty ticket.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I feel like unless you have a track to properly uncork it or live waaaaaay out in the sticks, having a huge HP car doesn't really have the allure it once did for me.
                    Hence why I'm shooting for ~350 wheel horsepower numbers for my S10 build. Granted, I will be doing some towing with it, so the torque is my first focus. Most people understand HP numbers, so that's why I stated HP goals. Oh, and some mild strip duty, some road course action, and pulling a 8' - 10' trailer with my motorcycle will see the likes of action by the S10.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                    X