CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
greatwhitecb7
Newcomer

greatwhitecb7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardInThePaint View Post
That is probably the problem. Like already said, if your shocks are blown they are not absorbing like they should and they are like mush.

Check to see if your shocks are even blown. If you don't want to take them off the car, then push down on the corner (wherever you suspect a blown shock is) up and down up and down. It should be somewhat stiff (not completely all the way stiff but stiff to some degree, just use best judgement). If its bouncing up and down like a Cadillac then most likely its blown because its boucing completely on the spring with the shock not helping absorbing.

I know you would rather not replace shocks if it isn't going to fix the problem... But if they are blown you need to replace them regardless if it fixes that particular problem you have with the arm hitting the wheel well. But I am betting that the problem lies there, blown shocks.

Furthermore, I do not suggest just getting replacement stock shocks for your blown stock shocks. That would be stupid, your shit would just blow in some days again and you would be in the same boat minus the bread you shelled out for the shocks. I know it sound appealling because they are cheaper than aftermarket but it'll be a temporary fix. VERY temporary.
I know i figured it out. But hank you very much for the kind informative response rather than these other assholes. But yeah. Im working out the whole shock thing. I have realizes im going to have to call koni and get some yellows re valved. But thanks again.
greatwhitecb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #22
HardInThePaint
CB7tuner Member

HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends! HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends!
Lol, I didn't bother reading through this entire thread before posting that comment...

Damn, this shit went downhill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitecb7 View Post
I have realizes im going to have to call koni and get some yellows re valved. But thanks again.
Thats your best bet, and the best choice of shocks for sure. Good luck to you.
HardInThePaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cb7 , problems , rear , suspension

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: