CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 01-31-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
HondaPride
Newcomer

HondaPride is cool... so far.
Exclamation How do I install my F&F type ones ?

Hi all, when I bought my Accord it came with F&F type one coilovers. The front ones are already in, but I need to put the rear coilovers in, can someone tell me how to install? Aswell as adjust. New to this, don't hate thanks boys
HondaPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
You'll have to fold down the rear seat and loosen the two nuts on each shock tower. Then, loosen the lower shock mount bolt where the shock attaches to the rear knuckle. Break loose the lug nuts and you're ready to lift the car.

Once the car is lifted set jack stands underneath the rear of the vehicle in a stable location. Lower the car onto the jacks and remove the rear wheels. Finish removing the shock tower nuts and the lower shock mount bolts on each side and the shock and spring will slide right out.

Installation is the reverse of removal down to only snugging up the bolts before the car is on the ground. Once the suspension is preloaded again with the weight of the vehicle then you can torque the bolts down to their proper specs.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful

Its a 95 but its the same as a CB
Old 01-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
HondaPride
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
You'll have to fold down the rear seat and loosen the two nuts on each shock tower. Then, loosen the lower shock mount bolt where the shock attaches to the rear knuckle. Break loose the lug nuts and you're ready to lift the car.

Once the car is lifted set jack stands underneath the rear of the vehicle in a stable location. Lower the car onto the jacks and remove the rear wheels. Finish removing the shock tower nuts and the lower shock mount bolts on each side and the shock and spring will slide right out.

Installation is the reverse of removal down to only snugging up the bolts before the car is on the ground. Once the suspension is preloaded again with the weight of the vehicle then you can torque the bolts down to their proper specs.
I can't put the seat down in my sedan it has a key unlock for it and my keys dont work :/ can I get to it via the trunk? And my coil overs have been screwed with so they aren't set, how do I go about that ?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
Corweena
CB7tuner Member

Corweena is cool... so far.
I think you can fold the seat from the trunk.....

And here is a video by F&F on resetting the preload

Corweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
andrew22888
CB7tuner Member

andrew22888 is cool... so far.
There is a black pull handle in the trunk.
andrew22888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #7
andrew22888
CB7tuner Member

andrew22888 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post

This is exactly right. As for the trunk there is black pull handle pretty much right where the lock is but inside the trunk.
andrew22888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #8
HondaPride
Newcomer

Thanks a lot guys since we're kind of on the subject , when my my front end goes over bumps it'll squeek, and when I turn my wheel while going really slow it also squeeks ? Any idea as to whats going on here ?
Old 02-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #9
Granite CB7
Contributing Member

Granite CB7 is very helpful Granite CB7 is very helpful
Check over all your balljoints esp. your lowers, if they're really bad with torn boots and no grease, they'll creak and squeak really bad. After that, check over all your bushings.
Granite CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #10
MrTShoff
CB7tuner Member

MrTShoff is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite CB7 View Post
Check over all your balljoints esp. your lowers, if they're really bad with torn boots and no grease, they'll creak and squeak really bad. After that, check over all your bushings.
This. A balljoint going bad is the LAST thing you want. I had one go out on me on the highway going 80. Very long time before the car was able to run again so make sure yours are fine. If they need to be replaced theyre only $25 each at honda.
MrTShoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #11
Stoner51
CB7tuner Member

Stoner51 seems to have made some friends!
If you have upgraded Bushings such as energy suspension or prothane. It could just be they need greasing. Mine did this. It was the sway bar bushings that needed the grease.
When turning may have something to do with the power steering not sure.

Before lowering your car I would take the advice of others and replace the ball joints. If you don't have a big press. Take off the front arm and take it to shop and get them to do it.

steve
Old 02-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #12
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
I just did mine with the Honda ball joint tool from O'Reilly. In fact, I seem to do them for so many cars (I own four Accords, not to mention I've done one twice when going five lug) that I just bought my own to save me the trips. You can get them at Harbor Freight and it's the same thing that O'Reilly rents out.

Tags
suspension

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: