CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 07-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
JonnyD
CB7tuner Member

JonnyD is cool... so far.
Smile Which is better for adjusting camber?

So I've been thinking of getting some eibach springs for my 92 ex. Don't need or want a major drop but a bit lower would be nice. My question is, which would be better for adjusting my camber, upper adjustable ball joints or lowers? (i have to replace both sets anyway) I might want to run a bit of negative camber but I do alot of highway driving and I'm not interested in replacing front tires once a month. Thanks!
JonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
Ghetto_CB7
CB7tuner Member

Ghetto_CB7 is cool... so far.
Upper

I don't even know if anyone makes lower ones for our cars.

Especially since we are tight on the wheel well, it is nice to be able to move the top in as apposed to moving the bottom out.
Ghetto_CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #3
Kennie-Pak
CB7tuner Member

Kennie-Pak is cool... so far.
it depends on what your getting. I have the eibach pro kit springs it gives 1.2 drop all around. And I use the SPC anchor bolt type camber kit (the one that connects to the upper control arm). But if your going for a bigger drop, then the ball joint one is what I recommend. SPC or Ingalls for the brand. most members on here like those two brands as well.

check this thread out as well, its thoroughly comprehensive.
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318
Kennie-Pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
JonnyD
CB7tuner Member

Thanks for the thread link that's a lot of info! There are lowers I can get them at napa they are just like $250+ each and I can't remember if Spc or moog make them. They are available for up to 3 degrees of adjustment I think and the uppers have 1.5 degrees of adjustment if I remember correctly.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
Kennie-Pak
CB7tuner Member

Kennie-Pak is cool... so far.
yeah the balljoints give -1.5 and another goes up to -3, and the UCA anchor bolts (i have these) gives the range of -1.5 to 0.

I think it is SPC you are talking about, but moog is a reputable brand as well, a couple of buddies of mine said that moog UCA's are better than other oem spec parts.

theres other stickies as well then the one i showed you. And you are welcome.
Kennie-Pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:07 AM   #6
Ghetto_CB7
CB7tuner Member

Ghetto_CB7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post
Thanks for the thread link that's a lot of info! There are lowers I can get them at napa they are just like $250+ each and I can't remember if Spc or moog make them. They are available for up to 3 degrees of adjustment I think and the uppers have 1.5 degrees of adjustment if I remember correctly.
Really, would you mind posting a link. I have never seen them.
Ghetto_CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
JonnyD
CB7tuner Member

I will get the part numbers on Monday, I work at an alignment shop and I just called our local napa and they found them for me, so I don't have a link.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I believe they make anchor bolt kits for a more extreme drop as well.

Personally, I do not like the idea of pressing the ball joints in and out of the stock arms. Honda won't sell the upper ball joints and control arms separately, and I assume they do that for a reason. A quality anchor bolt kit is my preference (SPC specifically... I've broken cheap ones, and I have friends that have broken Ingalls.)

If you have a very mild drop, such as 1.2", you may not really need to adjust the camber. There will be some degree of negative camber, but as long as you have your toe aligned properly, and perhaps a set of tires that can handle negative camber (Nitto NeoGen tires are supposedly made with negative camber in mind) then you might be ok.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
4CYLPOWER92
Contributing Member

4CYLPOWER92 is cool... so far.
A camber kit at the lower ball joint? Don't think that's even possible, but I'd love to see it!
4CYLPOWER92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
It doesn't exist.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
JonnyD
CB7tuner Member

Ya so I called the guy at napa again and had him double check and sure enough no such luck, the parts he saw were for uppers by Spc and they were lifetime warranty. Effing expensive if you ask me. Thanks for all the help guys
Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #12
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

No such luck?
SPC is the best you can get. Yes, they're not cheap... but inexpensive ones will break (I learned that firsthand... at 65mph in rush hour traffic...)

Old 07-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #13
JonnyD
CB7tuner Member

Ok, I try not to cheap out too much when it comes to suspension. Plus I've seen some bad things with cheap parts working at the alignment shop. Thanks again for all the help!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #14
pointaudio
CB7tuner Member

pointaudio is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to pointaudio
you have a link to the ones you ordered?
pointaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:52 AM   #15
JonnyD
CB7tuner Member

http://www.iapdirect.com/product.php?productid=39873 I didn't buy them off that site, I ordered them from napa, I don't know if napa in the states carries them or not.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #16
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

$165 for the SPC ball joint kit is a good deal on that site there!

I'm not a fan of pressing the old ball joints out, as it can weaken the control arm... but many have done it with no issues. I'd prefer the anchor bolt style kit.

Tags
ball joints , camber , suspension

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: