Killswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killswitch

Wassup guys, i dont think theres a D.I.Y on how to install a ignition killswitch cause i searched on the "search" box and nothin comes up... unless i failed

I kno there are a couple of tuners on this site who've installed a ignition killswitch on their cb7 or other car maybe. i jus wanna kno how to do it since as some of u might kno i got a civic now, i wanna install one but i dont have the diagrams to do so.. i saw a youtube vid of this guy doing it but it was too quick and not really that much explanatory.. so if its cool, can someone help me out? as in what materials i need or a step by step... or how about someone do it for me for some cash
    Last edited by Sneakerhead28; 04-07-2010, 09:23 AM.

You just need something that will break the circuit from the ignition or fuel pump. Not very hard to do. Be creative! You don't want one that someone else has designed... because a thief would have access to the same thing! I heard of a guy that turned one of his unused radio buttons into a killswitch.

Comment

If you drive a manual, just relocate your safety neutral switch with extended wires. Press and hold it while you start it, as if you're pressing the clutch.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

I will let you in on something....DON'T do an ignition kill switch. It's easily bypassed and people will jack your fucking car.

Do a FUEL PUMP kill switch. It's easy as fuck and it literally saved our Accord several times. We found the door unlocked on occasions with the ignition going beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep when we opened the door....uh huh, shit was turned over.

The key is HIDING the switch very well. Nobody wants to take the time to fuck around with trying to find it....and if they want to, hey more time for me to find their punk ass and beat the shit out of them.
        VIP Status.

Comment

Yea im thinkin about doin the fuel pump relay kill switch sounds effective

Comment

All you have to do is get a cheap $2 rocker switch from Walmart and splice into your main relay. It's right under the dash...if you look up, you'll see a silver box for cruise control, and then you take that off and you'll see the relay. Forgot the color wire it was....black/yellow or something like that.

Cut it. Run one side to the ACC side of the switch and run the other side to the 12v side. Once you do that, you're set. Flip the switch and no power signal will go to the fuel pump. Flip it back on and presto, you got power and now your car will run. Cake work man.
            VIP Status.

Comment

[QUOTE=92vig;2495130]It's right under the dash...if you look up, you'll see a silver box for cruise control, and then you take that off and you'll see the relay. Forgot the color wire it was....black/yellow or something like that.QUOTE]

the problem with that is that i have a civic so i dont think it has the same location as a accord

Comment

Wanna thank deeve and 92vig for the suggestions thanks guys

I jus found this great site where it gives me a step by step
                IF ANYONE HAS A EG CIVIC U MIGHT WANNA TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!!
                http://www.nuttingbh.com/howto/howto...tofuelpump.htm

Comment

this gives me an idea

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by Sneakerhead28 View Post
                    Wanna thank deeve and 92vig for the suggestions thanks guys

I jus found this great site where it gives me a step by step
                    IF ANYONE HAS A EG CIVIC U MIGHT WANNA TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!!
                    http://www.nuttingbh.com/howto/howto...tofuelpump.htm
                    Don't do it like that... A thief doesn't even have to bother looking for the switch... He can just lift up the seat and bypass it there..

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                      Don't do it like that... A thief doesn't even have to bother looking for the switch... He can just lift up the seat and bypass it there..
                      Dont take this offensive im not questoning your knowledge but the seats gonna be bolted back down and well by the time he pops open the trunk gets himself a 10mm wrench to bypass it (with a alarm going off wit lcd screen) i think his teeth should be biting the curb "AMERICAN HISTORY X" status LMAO but it would seriously buy some time

Comment

Even with a Civic....find the main relay and do it from there. Like it was said above, all they have to do is lift the seat and trace the wires to the switch.

If you really had to do that, you should splice the wire along the drivers side door sill and hide a switch somewhere.

That's exactly what I did with my Vigor...now that I will never see the car again, I can tell you exactly what I did.

I cut the fuel pump wire at the rear drivers side door sill. This ran from the main relay to the pump itself. Mind you, this is all under the carpet and under the sill so they'd have to dig around to find shit. Once that was spliced, I took off the plastic that covers the drivers side seat belt. I cut the carpet a bit, vertically, so it would push back and give space for the switch. Drilled a small hole into the sheetmetal and screwed the switch into place. After that, put the plastic back on, wrapped everything back up in the wire room and the shit was so hidden NOBODY could find it. I told my friends and family exactly where the switch was and after literally 20 minutes of trying to find the switch, my dad couldn't. Everyone else quit before then but he was persistant. I sat in the seat and it took me all of 2 seconds to hit the switch. Good to know your car inside and out man. I suggest you be creative and put it somewhere no fucking thief is going to look....and that was the damn perfect spot for it too. Drivers seat was pressed against the plastic pretty much and the carpet all looked like it had never been touched or anything, so you would never know it.
                        VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneakerhead28 View Post
                          Dont take this offensive im not questoning your knowledge but the seats gonna be bolted back down and well by the time he pops open the trunk gets himself a 10mm wrench to bypass it (with a alarm going off wit lcd screen) i think his teeth should be biting the curb "AMERICAN HISTORY X" status LMAO but it would seriously buy some time
                          Thief's don't take there time and don't care about damage.... It would take 1.5 seconds to rip the seat up without a wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                            Thief's don't take there time and don't care about damage.... It would take 1.5 seconds to rip the seat up without a wrench.
                            yea true u got a point there ill take ur word on that

Comment

Working...
                            X