Got a ticket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow91 View Post
    So the other day I got a Seatbelt ticket in my car.. I had been sitting at in intersection and my belt had pooped lose, and when i went to redue it i saw a cop coming so i just left it be, put my belt back on and continued on my way.. When I pulled out however, I saw that the cop had flipped a u turn and was coming back towards me..

Well she pulled me over and gave me the ticket, and when she pulled me over i had my belt on..

Do you think it would be worthy fighting it or should i just go on with my ways and just pay the ticket? Just sucks after driving for almost 4 years with no tickets.. And I cant get it deferred because I was in an accident literally two weeks after i got my license that i used it on that ticket..

Also, she did write on the ticket that i was in a 1991 Honda Accord, when I have a 1992.. VIN and everything else is right, just year is wrong..
    Damn you may have to eat that. I honestly would invest in a car camera to record all your events from now on to protect yourself. Especially in court or at least on your phone just without them knowing about it.

Comment

^what is he protecting against? Officer did nothing wrong and his seatbelt just so happen to pop off at that given time the officer looked.

It's stupid stuff like putting cameras in the car that get you in more trouble
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Dude fight it foreal. My aunty had a speeding ticket and decided to fight it. When she went to court the officer didn't show up so the drop the charge . and I heard a couple stories like that
        BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
          Dude fight it foreal. My aunty had a speeding ticket and decided to fight it. When she went to court the officer didn't show up so the drop the charge . and I heard a couple stories like that
          I won a speeding ticket in Texas that way; was going to take it to trial, and the officer never showed up.

Honestly our court systems works at a rate of probably 90% plea of guilty. That is 90% of people will pay their fine, or take a plea in order have the prosecutor recommend lower charges, or defer.

Think about how much money it takes to drag in all those jurors... its probably more then the citation is worth. Its also probably not worth the cop's time to show up in court, as that time could be used to write more tickets that people will practically 'blindly' pay.

Oh, and most pubic pretenders (yes I spelt it that way purposefully), typically sit down and have lunch with the prosecutor and discuss their cases, and how to proceed, what deals they will offer, etc. They are also so swamped in cases that they typically really don't care how the case ends, they are just there to get their money.

If you have the time I would fight it, as it will most likely get dropped because the cop will not show up to the scheduled trial date. Worst case scenario either way, you are found guilty, and have to pay the fine, and if the judge is a @(#*$& they could impose 'court fees'.

If you do happen to take it to trial, think of a logical reason that you had to take off your seat belt momentarily, maybe something like a water bottle fell on the driver side floor board and went under your pedals, and you couldn't reach it without taking off your seat belt.

/end my $.02
          Last edited by cloudasc; 07-24-2013, 06:11 PM.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Really glad I read clouds post. Event tho it was like 2 chapters , it was worth reading. It makes sence
            BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
              I won a speeding ticket in Texas that way; was going to take it to trial, and the officer never showed up.

Honestly our court systems works at a rate of probably 90% plea of guilty. That is 90% of people will pay their fine, or take a plea in order have the prosecutor recommend lower charges, or defer.

Think about how much money it takes to drag in all those jurors... its probably more then the citation is worth. Its also probably not worth the cop's time to show up in court, as that time could be used to write more tickets that people will practically 'blindly' pay.

Oh, and most pubic pretenders (yes I spelt it that way purposefully), typically sit down and have lunch with the prosecutor and discuss their cases, and how to proceed, what deals they will offer, etc. They are also so swamped in cases that they typically really don't care how the case ends, they are just there to get their money.

If you have the time I would fight it, as it will most likely get dropped because the cop will not show up to the scheduled trial date. Worst case scenario either way, you are found guilty, and have to pay the fine, and if the judge is a @(#*$& they could impose 'court fees'.

If you do happen to take it to trial, think of a logical reason that you had to take off your seat belt momentarily, maybe something like a water bottle fell on the driver side floor board and went under your pedals, and you couldn't reach it without taking off your seat belt.

/end my $.02
              loop holes for days

alot of people get mad cause I post stuff like this. http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...OPK30hIr39M9JK but I mean come on this stuff is happening, it wont happen over night, We are way to "about our rights" but again do a few loop holes and do it slowly with time and anything you want in the CRIMINAL JUSTICE system is yours. Yes Justice for Criminals not Justice for Civilians. Like I said before I wouldnt complain about cops not doing there job and being bad guys if hey guess what? They did their job! Not telling on a corrupt officer is not doing your job makes you worse.
              Last edited by 8ball; 07-25-2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                ^what is he protecting against? Officer did nothing wrong and his seatbelt just so happen to pop off at that given time the officer looked.

It's stupid stuff like putting cameras in the car that get you in more trouble
                Cameras in your own vehicle gets you into trouble. not over here now take it that you are a civilian and the cops come to you who do you think the judge will listen to if your in the right certainly not you if its their word against yours.

Maybe your a bit uncertain about the rights you have as a civilian in protecting yourself legally. You can be a victim all you want I got so many things thrown out from the schemes that people who think they are above the law. Makes it look even better when they get caught.

Comment

State troop just got me on a click it or ticket, I had taken my belt off to get my wallet out at a stop sign, then crossed main street to the gas station across the street from the stop sign all while forgetting to replace my belt because I was headed to the pump.

I watch the state trooper bust two illegal u-turns in moderate traffic on main street without lights on all while on the phone to give me a ticket while at the gas pump. Basically he drove by me and watched me remove my belt to look for my wallet, turned a u-turn as I went to cross the street and pulled another u-turn because the gas station I was going to he had already passed.

Silly, I know.... but I guess he is right. I didn't have the belt on at the very moment he saw me so. But I think his actions to ticket me were more dangerous than my action of removing my belt to check for my wallet and crossing one street.
                  Last edited by wildBill83; 07-26-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    Well im not sure why it would even be a secondary offense.

Kind of silly, guess those states don't take their drivers lives seriously.

Funny Fla is a primary but it's optional to wear a helmet while on a motorcycle.

Explain that one.

Anyway yea $150 is crazy.
                    actually you have to be older than 21 and have 10,000 dollars of medical insurance to ride without a helmet.

so it really isn't that optional b/c most don't people don't buy that coverage and will end up getting a ticket if pulled over
                    ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

i would make sure weather its a "non moving violation" or "moving violation" the ticket was specifically issued for. if you were stationary when the belt popped off or example my water bottle/drink fell out of my hands or cupholder and landed behind my pedals i HAVE to remove my seatbelt to retrieve it. Ive never heard of having to wear your seatbelt or being unable to call/txt at a red light AS LONG AS you reattach it prior to resume moving the vehicle.
                      Last edited by xkjnboix; 07-26-2013, 01:17 PM.
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                      X