Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 07-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #21
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22Chris View Post
Dude, that was the most impressive home brew fireworks display I've ever seen. When I was little we just shot Roman candles at each other with trash can lid shields.
Thanks man, it was funny that I was awe struck because I wanted to do the best I could but had a couple things that went wrong like there was supposed to be 3 of us but ended up being only me, half my order had to be cancelled because it never arrived to the warehouse, add to that the fact that I only had $200 to work with and I had never really done anything over 2 minutes. There were a couple hiccups with burn rates as some burned too quick and others too slow to which the last cake decided to burn at its own rate. I don't know if you can hear in the video how there were others burning but about 3 minutes in they just stopped, I had a couple people walk a block over to shake my hand and tell me they had never seen anything of that magnitude there and were hoping I could tell them what it was. The biggest surprise is that this cost me about $170 as I still have 1/3 a case due to not enough fuse and that this is only 1/3 of the original planned out show and I can say I did great. Hopefully I can get people to pitch in for next year and really go out like I want to
Old 07-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #22
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Supposedly a neighboring city had some really cool 3D displays that glasses weren't even needed to get the effect for. I had to work, though.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #23
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Supposedly a neighboring city had some really cool 3D displays that glasses weren't even needed to get the effect for. I had to work, though.
The roof of my house was getting hit with stars from the crackle shots i doubt i want more 3D than that . It was a good night though, i even forgot i had to work today at 530am had it not been for my sister that said she was leaving because it was 1230 and had to go to work at 8. If Chris moves to missouri city they have a proper dislay for July 4th AND New years there.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #24
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is very helpful F22Chris is very helpful
For sure. I'm actually in Houston right now. Looking at a Pearland house today, and introducing myself to a few potential employers.

I'll pitch in next year.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #25
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
For sure. I'm actually in Houston right now. Looking at a Pearland house today, and introducing myself to a few potential employers.

I'll pitch in next year.
I am looking at a Job on that side of town as well, my family still lives off of fm2234. If im not mistaken my cousin lives off of 518 by downtown pearland. My mom and brother work in the pearland shopping center by the mall.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #26
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

So....I have been looking at new distributors that might give me better deals for New Years and/or July 4th, i have been looking at Red Apple fireworks and actually emailed them in more than 1 occation with shipping questions but seems they are not interested in my business. Seems that i will be going with Spirit of 76 or Victory Fireworks as both have been kind enough to reply, Spirit actually went as far as giving me a call to answer any questions that i may have. The price difference starts to set in after 3 cases compared to my local wholesaler but their inventory is much bigger than my local guy.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #27
NVmyCB7
CB7tuner Member

NVmyCB7 is cool... so far.
That shipping is what prevents them from sending them to you. not many ship because they might be committing a crime because of where it gets shipped to and because they are explosive and the packages are not handled with care. Especially if they try to ship through USPS its a crime. Ive asked some locations in New Mexico when i drove back from Nebraska to California if they would ground ship me some items they all said no. but i did come back with a trunk load.
NVmyCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:28 PM   #28
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyCB7 View Post
That shipping is what prevents them from sending them to you. not many ship because they might be committing a crime because of where it gets shipped to and because they are explosive and the packages are not handled with care. Especially if they try to ship through USPS its a crime. Ive asked some locations in New Mexico when i drove back from Nebraska to California if they would ground ship me some items they all said no. but i did come back with a trunk load.
They use freight companies to ship pallets, price is than calculated by pallet size, weight etc. There are a handful of companies that ship, i live in a legal area but for some reason its only Red Apple that does not even bother to reply to my questions. Locally there are two places that have offered their services; one does wholesale thus we have used them twice now, the other does not do wholesale and has more private label products than stuff i am interested in. BTW does anybody know where i can get some Big Johnson brand fireworks?
Old 06-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #29
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

So that time of year to celebrate our nation is coming up, i had big plans for this year but as life happens things sort of have a way of falling thru. In the past 12 months i have made some interesting friendships to say the least, all with the same burning(pun intended) love for fireworks and on levels that i can only imagine to reach; we failed to place orders on time for me to take advantage of their shipping methods but i found my own sources and thus managed to place one last minute order even at full shipping cost. I am excited because while i am not going the size i wanted i will be pushing limits of what a usual neighborhood show is. Last year my total tally was just about $200 and 2 cases, this year i have placed an order via freight(groung companies do not ship fireworks) consisting of 15 cases(about 600 pounds) and hitting just shy of 1k(original order was 26 cases ). Hopefully everything gets here on time, i now have 3 wholesale accounts and building relations with other folks in the business. i will take pictures once things get here.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:00 PM   #30
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

So are you still going to video it? I知 sure it値l be better than the random gunshots I get.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:21 PM   #31
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
So are you still going to video it? I知 sure it値l be better than the random gunshots I get.
Yes I do plan to record the whole thing and upload it to YT later, as of now the shipment was supposed to have arrived at the freight central yesterday but now the ETA has changed to Monday. It's gonna be fun carrying 500-600 Lbs of fireworks around Harris county to avoid breaking any laws .
Old 07-01-2018, 10:12 PM   #32
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

Put them in black trash bags? I知 excited to see the video!
Old 07-01-2018, 11:45 PM   #33
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Put them in black trash bags? I’m excited to see the video!
I have a 9x12 tarp that im gonna use to cover the whole bed of the truck; its gonna be about 2 pallets worth of boxes marked EXPLOSIVES on the side . The hardest thing has been deciding the order in which everything is gonna be fused, this year i am using zip-ties instead of tape to hold everything together; it will be alot of work but hopefully worth it at the end. Hopefully tomorrow i get the arrival notice and i can run to get everything so i can start laying everything out; last year i only used 6 500 gram cakes while tis year i am working with over 40 and my brother claims to be bringing another 36 smaller ones like the ones from last year. Hopefully nobody gets hurt and nothing catches on fire.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:10 AM   #34
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
You are a mad man! And I want to see the show
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:46 AM   #35
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

YRC has completely taken a dump on my plans, they will not be bringing my load until after the 6th; now I have to get in touch with supplier because they guaranteed a 3 day delivery to local terminal which never happened. At this point I would refuse the shipment but there is a very steep 25% restocking fee.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #36
hiptech
CB7tuner Member

hiptech seems to have made some friends! hiptech seems to have made some friends!
If you guys do plan to post this to YT just be sure the voice over starts with "hey watch this..." 😨
04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)
hiptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #37
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiptech View Post
If you guys do plan to post this to YT just be sure the voice over starts with "hey watch this..." 😨
It is definitely not happening anymore, at least for tomorrow anyways; i called the freight company again and they pretty much told me that it will be ready Thursday at the earliest and that was IF i wanted it. At that moment i had a bitch-fest with the warehouse person, then proceded to call customer service to break them off something too and finished of with supplier; not because it was the supplier's fault but for choosing the one freight company that they never mentioned. My brother is now pushing for buying some stuff locally but i find it very hard to do knowing i have over a thousand dollars worth of merchandise sitting at a dock because of incompetence. God bless this nation none the less.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:47 AM   #38
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Ok so around 8pm my brother and his girlfriend show up and he tells me that he brought some fillers that he planned on using as part of the show and asked if I could fuse it up to have a mini show, I agreed and we started zip-tying and hot gluing away. It is not what we originally had in mind but at least we got to make a mess for me to clean up tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy the 3 minute show that we put together in half hour using spare fireworks my brother had.

https://youtu.be/cad0BbL9NHY

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: