CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
JoshM

JoshM has a HUGE cock! JoshM has a HUGE cock! JoshM has a HUGE cock! JoshM has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via AIM to JoshM
Exclamation Flaming

Everyone is guilty of it, or has been guilty of it at one time or another.

Yes, even the other mods and I are guilty of it.

But enough is enough. We're all here because we love our old Accords... or because we couldn't afford anything better.

Whether your CB is "JDM" inspired, looks like it rolled straight out of a 90's Super Street, you have negative offset wheels, etc... we all drive the same chassis.

If you have NOTHING good to say about a vehicle or member, simply don't press the "reply" button. You can just as easily click your browser's "back" button.

Bans will be given out for rude people who think that their style is the only one that matters.

Please and thank you.

1999 BMW M3
2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650
JoshM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
I-Deal214
CB7tuner Member

I-Deal214 is cool... so far.
I agree!!^^^ to each his own... they are all the same chassis and if its not constructive critisism no need to be a dick..were all here on the same terms as far as the cb7 community.
it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...
I-Deal214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshM View Post
Everyone is guilty of it, or has been guilty of it at one time or another.

Yes, even the other mods and I are guilty of it.

But enough is enough. We're all here because we love our old Accords... or because we couldn't afford anything better.

Whether your CB is "JDM" inspired, looks like it rolled straight out of a 90's Super Street, you have negative offset wheels, etc... we all drive the same chassis.

If you have NOTHING good to say about a vehicle or member, simply don't press the "reply" button. You can just as easily click your browser's "back" button.

Bans will be given out for rude people who think that their style is the only one that matters.

Please and thank you.

Agreed, thats why i do my own thing.

02 Crv
02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
TracieS
CB7tuner Member

TracieS seems to have made some friends! TracieS seems to have made some friends!
I must admit I am guilty of this. But it was getting out of control here lately so hopefully we will all be free to do what we want and not get flamed for it.

STANCE|WORKS
TracieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
bobbycos
Contributing Member

bobbycos seems to have made some friends! bobbycos seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to bobbycos
don't forget trolling either
bobbycos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
Flatline
Contributing Member

Flatline seems to have made some friends!
i would just like to point out, i dont drive the same chassis lol.

im here for the company.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
Tippey764
Silver Member

Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to Tippey764 Send a message via MSN to Tippey764
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycos View Post
don't forget trolling either
Half of this forum doesn't even understand what trolling is.
Tippey764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #8
cb7legend
CB7tuner Member

cb7legend is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
What's this trolling you speak off?
cb7legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
MikeW
Master Of Posting Nothing

MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via Yahoo to MikeW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
i would just like to point out, i dont drive the same chassis lol.

im here for the company.
This. I no longer drive a CB either. I dont think Ive been flamed for my choice in vehicle but I think it should extend to all members and their rides, regardless of type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7legend View Post
What's this trolling you speak off?
Yes, please enlighten us.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | . ` ' / . | click here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Can we flame if the Op asks for our good and bad opinions/thoughts?

Trolling = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
JoshM

JoshM has a HUGE cock! JoshM has a HUGE cock! JoshM has a HUGE cock! JoshM has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via AIM to JoshM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Can we flame if the Op asks for our good and bad opinions/thoughts?
There is constructive criticism and there's down right "asshole".

If you don't like something, simply say "I like your xxxx, but not so much that xxxx".

1999 BMW M3
2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650
JoshM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
cloudasc
CB7tuner Member

cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshM View Post
There is constructive criticism and there's down right "asshole".

If you don't like something, simply say "I like your xxxx, but not so much that xxxx".
Which leaves a sourer taste in your mouth?
"I don't like this, but I like that"
or
"I like this, but I don't like that"

Its better to have the compliment follow the insult, then the insult follow the compliment.

"I like your shoes, but you look like an idiot!"
vs
"You look like an idiot, but I like your shoes!"
^^ Now thats stylish & slick, they'll probably say thank you ignoring the fact you called them an idiot.

Last edited by cloudasc; 09-22-2011 at 04:26 PM.
cloudasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #13
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Saying things like "I think your approach is interesting, but I'm not a fan of the result" isn't flaming. Perhaps it's unnecessary, unless you're asking a question, or complimenting something else... but it's not offensive. ESPECIALLY if the OP asks for opinions.

Saying "ew omg RICE!!!" is just downright insulting. Yes, it's the internet, and people shouldn't take things to heart... but you know what? We're not just a bunch of random dudes on the internet. We're a community here. We talk to each other on a daily basis. We interact, and ask each other for help. Our interactions are very "real life", despite the fact that we don't see each others' faces.

We had a member get banned for 4 days for a comment he made, He said something only mildly offensive, but he randomly put (R) (I) (C) (E) (Y) tucked between words... very clever. Rather offensive. Of course, he made another name right away and started attacking me and the mods... "this guy (himself on the other name) was banned, but you didn't ban that guy there... thats not fair." (that member is now permanently banned, btw...)
"that guy" was a guy that said, "I think it looks pretty ricey, but you did a good job with it."
Same offensive word, and honestly, I don't like the way it was stated... but it wasn't an attack. It wasn't ban-worthy.

Show some tact. Show some respect. That's all we ask.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #14
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
I'm all for respect. Understood & thanx
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #15
Ghetto_CB7
CB7tuner Member

Ghetto_CB7 is cool... so far.
rice

I think this acronym has been misused many times and has since gotten a huge negative connotation associated with it.

To me it is the definition of the actual acronym race inspired cosmetic effects, or rice.

This is putting parts on your vehicle that mimic racing parts but really have no performance benefit.

I understand that it is now a negative word, but when I see someone put an erecter set wing on a commuter accord, that defines rice

I very rarely use the word, and after reading that using it is banworthy I will be much less likely to use the word.

I know you guys do the best you can, and I try to avoid pissing you off as much as possible, but I would be confused of you banned me for posting rice in a thread with rice in if.

With that said my post count is low because I got tired of helping people who don't listen, and getting into arguments with people who claimed that I didn't know something before they posted whatever and yada yada yada.

Maybe I should pay for the premium section, but most threads I post in I say almost the exact same things, and usually people don't listen.

I have flamed, and been flamed and usually in my openion it was deserved.
Ghetto_CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #16
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Rice was never an acronym in the beginning. It has always been a slang term with negative connotations, used for any vehicle of Asian origin. Originally coming from the term "rice burner", because rice is a dietary staple in Asia. It is actually a very racially charged word.
The acronym was only created by people that drive Asian vehicles to try to defend themselves.

Over time, the term has simply come to indicate disapproval. It is generally accepted to refer to any modifications that are gaudy and functionless, but I've seen it extend to people who go overboard with expensive modifications, especially if they'll never be used (such as a 700hp show car...)

Either way, it's offensive, and nobody should ever use it directed at anyone else. Whenever I use the term, it is in an effort to discourage someone from taking a certain path... such as "only ricers slam their car on stock shocks." Essentially, stepping down to their level... because an ignorant kid won't see the reasoning behind "lowering your car for $50 isn't safe"... but he may stop and think "oh, if I do that, I'm a ricer?"

Old 01-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #17
SilverShadow
CB7tuner Member

SilverShadow is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to SilverShadow Send a message via Yahoo to SilverShadow
I don't think the issue of flame was specially to what type of car or statements made. I have gotten the dis for posting a question or it's not in the right area. I use this site and like it's style...except for the threads I read and someone says .."what did he post a worthless thread for?" Or "Did you read how to search?" To me that is a flame. Opinions will be either good or bad and should not put down anyone for how they roll. Questions are asked and the members, mods and Administer should be flattered that the person had faith in the site to ask something they hope this site can help their problem.
We strive to keep our Accord sedans,coupes and wagons on the road and away from being an extinct model only remembered on print and in junk yards....and have fun here too.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION
SilverShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #18
crazymikey
CB7tuner Member

crazymikey is very helpful crazymikey is very helpful
As Raf99 put it "I'm all about respect."

That's about the truth right down to the bottom of it.
crazymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #19
SilverShadow
CB7tuner Member

SilverShadow is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to SilverShadow Send a message via Yahoo to SilverShadow

R.I.P.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION
SilverShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #20
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Telling someone to search without actually answering their question, or providing a link to the answer to their question, is against the rules. People get banned for that, when it's noticed by a moderator.

Granted, sometimes people should search. I just banned a worthless member (a 38 year old man that types like a toddler) for posting a thread about an H22A headswap. I answered his question, and I called him lazy (because I know I have PERSONALLY answered that question well over a dozen times in the past year alone!) While I called him lazy for not searching, I still provided any information that wasn't already provided by another member that had replied.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: