Innovative mounts causing h23 sit too close to the frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innovative mounts causing h23 sit too close to the frame

I just installed a set of innovative mounts for h22 swap this weekend and first of all only 2 of 3 mounts fit. the trans mount did not fit. I noticed on the box that it said only for 2dr models. is there a difference in the 4 dr and 2dr trans mount that im not aware?

My biggset concern though is that my compressor is rubbing the frame when turned on and my P/S belt is like a hair away from rubbing against the frame also. In my searches I noticed a few comments on how a H trans mount will cause the engine to sit off. I been running my car with that mount for more than a year it wasnt till i used the innovative mounts that caused an issue. I searched for a accord trans mount but it looks like it wount fit. do they come with a bracket like the h23? will this fix my issue?

93 Accord SE
    02 Highlander Limited

Their website doesn't specify any differences between 2-door and 4-door mounts. I've never heard of that either.

Your car was originally an automatic. Is it still?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

No i did a 5spd and h23 swap all from a donor prelude.

93 Accord SE
      02 Highlander Limited

Comment

So did you address the issue of the mounting bracket on the passenger side? The bracket that is welded to the frame rail that holds the transmission mount in place is different between the automatic and manual Accord. That's the one you need.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

oh no I didnt I reread the auto to manual swap threads. thank god nothing has happened to my cb with the prelude mount. to get this resolved as fast as possible since this is my daily driver can I use the ESP auto-manual swap trans mount. I have already the innovative mounts on the motor so i can just get the auto-manual trans mount?

93 Accord SE
          02 Highlander Limited

Comment

Yes, but it will take them 3 weeks to make it. You could probably get the bracket from Honda, have it welded to the frame rail and use an OEM style mount in that time span.

Comment

Ok Thanks Ill look in to it.

93 Accord SE
              02 Highlander Limited

Comment

Working...
              X