No announcement yet.

Infiniti M35h. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWD is alright with good tires (though I agree, AWD would be preferable).

I researched hybrid battery packs, and they’re actually pretty inexpensive and easy to rebuild (Honda and Toyota, anyway. Gotta research Nissan.) that’s why I gambled in the Accord to begin with. If the battery crapped out, I’d just have a non-hybrid v6 car until I spent the $800-$1200 to get it battery powered again. The Infiniti has a similar setup, which should allow for similar operation if the battery craps out.

I thought about finding an Accord hybrid, fusion hybrid, etc... but it’s the v6 power that I want along with the hybrid operation! The new Accord hybrid is a 4 cylinder, as are most of its competition. I like the idea of 4 cylinder mpg with v6 power (that’s damn close to older v8 power!)

Comment

Well, shit. You did say 6 power was a factor, and nothing will really substitute for that.

I guess if the packs aren't an issue, and you can find one in your price range, then id say go for it.

They look clean. Didn't really see any major issues in my searches, but its a modern car, so outside the general stuff, most stuff today is pretty reliable and safe.

And honestly, I know different strokes for different folks-

About the feeling of parking next to the exec staff and not driving the grandpa accord lol.

I can kind of relate, but not really. At my job, the warden makes around $185,500 a year. He drives a Kia lol.

Most execs here have brand new cars, but they are not fancy.

The captain makes over 90k, and he does have a evoque and a brand new impala which is nice as hell.

Even though my 2013 is way outdated now, it still looks "new", so im happy with that. There are some officers here driving 1993 Elantras. Nothing wrong with that, I don't hate, but Im just thankful to be able to afford a Newerish car.

On a sidenote, and not to threadjack lol, but I am eyeing my next car.

Currently have 60k miles. Not a lot at all, and my timeline is about 3 years out. At that point, considering my mileage, ill have well over 100k miles.

This 2013 EX is the kind of accord that I could easily see myself keeping forever and relegating it to the garage for modding and tinkering.

But im also 34 lol. I kind of want a car that is a DD, AND is fun to drive and sporty, but also gets at least 30mpg. Needs to be under 25k. lol.

So that cuts out the germans(which is cool cuz im not buying one).

I do LOVE the IS250, but idk.

I was hung up on either a 2018 Accord 2.0 Sport, which I can get for about 24k NOW. Itll probably be about 17-19k in 3 years.

OR

The Kia Stinger GT.

of course id need the AWD version of the GT, as I cannot expect my wife to handle that much power in a RWD car with 0 experience. She takes my car randomly, and id have to remember to not let her do so in even rain lol.
      Last edited by Ralphie; 02-20-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I just watched a few YouTube videos about it. The interior looks very nice, but the exterior is just meh to me. I like the seamless transition between EV and ICE power. I'm pretty sure you know that I'm a fan of hybrid/electric vehicles, and that I don't fear battery issues that I think are blown out of proportion honestly.

I personally wouldn't drive it. I can't get past the ass-end of it. Yes, that may be shallow on my end, but...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I was never a fan either, though I find the looks growing on me since the rest of the package is so appealing.
          I honestly felt the same about the 7th gen Accord, especially the earlier sedan... until I found a reason to like the hybrid. Now I like it more for some reaaon!

Comment

Worst comes to worst, you can tack on some of the S trim stuff on it. The body is the same.

I know stance life is not your bag, but wheels + slight lowering goes a long way to making the looks OK.

FWIW I paid $19K for my 2012 G37. 42K miles, and I paid that much because it's an S model (big brakes, VLSD, steering wheel paddles). Worth the premium over a Journey IMO. Likewise I think this is worth the premium over a regular M37. If the battery pack is easily serviceable I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Wow, nearly two months have gone by... My computer has been glitchy and inaccessible over the last few weeks, and I haven't had much chance to really get on here other than on my phone.

Anyway, I'm still trying to decide if the M35h is a worthwhile goal. The oldest of them are still priced around $18,000. I'm likely going to set my sights around $15,000-$16,000 if I decide to go for it.
              I think my biggest hesitation is that I'd be using it for my 75 mile daily commute. That's quite a beating to put on an expensive car, especially when I have my Accord Hybrid for commuting duty. Ideally, the Infiniti would be a replacement for the CTS-V... but I'm not sure if I want to trade my sinister, batshit-crazy hot rod Cadillac for a nondescript automatic Infiniti ... though being almost as fast, twice as efficient, and probably a good deal more luxurious than the Cadillac does have an appeal...

Comment

I feel like the M35h could replace both.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

So I saw you said you had once considered a ES350--

My coworker just showed me this car the other day, and he is thinking about picking one up.

LS 460.
                  V8, RWD, more options than a fucking 787 Dreamliner, and it gets around 27 mpg highway, which is approaching hybrid territory. Shit, even 25mpg is good for a V8.

If I get a job in NYC, I might sell my 13 ex and pick one up so I have a "nice" family car/night out with the wife car lol.

Its really nice.

Thoughts?
                  https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...delCode1=LS460

2007 with slightly high mileage can be had for 15-17k.

If you get the executive package, they have reclining rear seats. I bet your bosses cars don't have that lmao.

Comment

my bosses have some good stuff!

My cts-v supposedly gets 25mpg... but in traffic, and going 80mph when not in traffic... it’s closer to 16!

Even my hybrid Accord only gets between 28 and 30 when driven with a light foot.

I don’t deny that the Lexus is a hell of a ride, though. I’d consider one if I could cut my commute in half.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      my bosses have some good stuff!

My cts-v supposedly gets 25mpg... but in traffic, and going 80mph when not in traffic... it’s closer to 16!

Even my hybrid Accord only gets between 28 and 30 when driven with a light foot.

I don’t deny that the Lexus is a hell of a ride, though. I’d consider one if I could cut my commute in half.
                      28-30 highway or city?
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

90% highway. Though it’s usually either 80mph or crawling bumper-to-bumper. Neither is great for mpg, hybrid or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          So I saw you said you had once considered a ES350--

My coworker just showed me this car the other day, and he is thinking about picking one up.

LS 460.
                          V8, RWD, more options than a fucking 787 Dreamliner, and it gets around 27 mpg highway, which is approaching hybrid territory. Shit, even 25mpg is good for a V8.

If I get a job in NYC, I might sell my 13 ex and pick one up so I have a "nice" family car/night out with the wife car lol.

Its really nice.

Thoughts?
                          https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...delCode1=LS460

2007 with slightly high mileage can be had for 15-17k.

If you get the executive package, they have reclining rear seats. I bet your bosses cars don't have that lmao.
                          In a moment of brilliance I totalled my G at a track day. Looking to get one of these hopefully Saturday if I like it on the test drivie. Gas mileage is not gonna be great but it's only rated 1 MPG worse than the G and I'm planning to keep my foot out of it, very unlike the G.

They are dead reliable and have plenty of one owner low mileage examples... only thing I would avoid is the air suspension. They go every 40-60K miles and cost $700 a corner to replace. Otherwise it's basically like maintaining 2 Camrys. My only concern is it doesn't look like the SWB version is much roomier inside than the G and I need room to run my daughter's child seat. But it looks like a nice cruiser. Process of elimination lead me to it. Don't want another Infiniti; old German flagships are maintenance nightmares (and they only just started making the 740i again); Maxima CVT is problematic; old Genesis/Equus have no path to Android etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            In a moment of brilliance I totalled my G at a track day. Looking to get one of these hopefully Saturday if I like it on the test drivie. Gas mileage is not gonna be great but it's only rated 1 MPG worse than the G and I'm planning to keep my foot out of it, very unlike the G.

They are dead reliable and have plenty of one owner low mileage examples... only thing I would avoid is the air suspension. They go every 40-60K miles and cost $700 a corner to replace. Otherwise it's basically like maintaining 2 Camrys. My only concern is it doesn't look like the SWB version is much roomier inside than the G and I need room to run my daughter's child seat. But it looks like a nice cruiser. Process of elimination lead me to it. Don't want another Infiniti; old German flagships are maintenance nightmares (and they only just started making the 740i again); Maxima CVT is problematic; old Genesis/Equus have no path to Android etc.
                            For a serene cruiser, the Lexus is great. The only complaint I’ve found about the ES350 is that it has a numb steering feel. The later post-facelift xv40 is one of the most reliable cars ever. More Avalon than Camry, but they’re practically the same thing!

I still like the idea of a Lexus, but I also love the idea of an athletic high-powered V6 hybrid that gets respectable fuel economy. The M35h would likely replace the Cadillac AND the Accord if I got it. The insurance savings alone would be huge (oddly, the Caddy is the cheapest of my cars to insure!) I think my only gripe would be putting 75+ miles per day on the Infiniti. The Accord is a proper beater, with 110,000 miles, dings and dents (that I hope to fix), and a reasonably low purchase and resale value. The Infiniti will cost 4x what I paid for the Accord, and may not be as reliable. Surely the mileage will destroy the resale value.

Comment

I guess it depends on your long term plans for the car. I hope to keep the Lexus for a very long time. Maybe never sell it if I really like it. Only gripe will be gas consumption. But I'd put about 20-22K miles a year on it and really use it.

I don't think the M35h would do too bad on the daily grind. My only concern would be getting replacement parts for the hybrid system. Looks like parts are rare but not super expensive if you needed a battery or something. Other than that there should be no issues. At this point in a car's depreciation curve resale value is a bit of a crapshoot anyway.

Comment

True.
                                The battery stuff for my old Accord is actually quite reasonably priced. I’m curious to see if the Infiniti is similar. I haven’t checked yet. (Mainly because once I started researching Accords, I went out and bought one... )

Comment

Working...
                                X