Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seafoaming The Polar Bear: CB7 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoaming The Polar Bear: CB7 Accord

whats your opinion on it?

im interested to know about sea foaming my wagon

Comment

i've used it twice now and i love it. it kinda freaky at first but it work. (i did a head swap not long after and it looked good for 230,000mi) try it for yourself.
      Click to see ride.↓↓

Comment

newb question but what does sea foam do?and how do you use it

Comment

Originally posted by 91dx(r+p) View Post
          same here...i understand how to use it but what kind of problems does it solve?

Comment

Originally posted by 91dx(r+p) View Post
            Its fuel system, intake cleaner, you can put in your gas tank or the best way is to run thru a vaccum line into the intake.

Comment

oh ok i always wondered about that thanks

Comment

Originally posted by southsidecb7z View Post
                same here...i understand how to use it but what kind of problems does it solve?
                cleans intake, throttlebody,egr etc, of carbon buildup.

Comment

So it's just a fuel injection service, like the thing you can pay $10 at Kwik Kar to do? My brother-in-law told me about that (the service, not this seafoam thing) when he replaced my PCV valve.

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it, It can cause new problems.
                    wat?

Comment

so its just a cleaning tool?

Comment

its nice because it really cleans everything out. only down side is, if you have a build up of "gunk" or carbon or whatever else in your lines etc etc, once everything is cleared out you may begin to leak things due to the unclogged areas.

most likly wont be a problem. ^^ -- is just something a buddy told me before we seafoamed my mazda. Afterwards it ran amazing though.

Comment

Stole This one from honda-tech forum!!!

just did mine too it wasn't hard to do at all and definetly improved throttle response
                          1. buy seafoam 5.99
                          2.remove brake booster line from master cylinder
                          3. start car and slowly pour the seafoam down the line and have someone keeping the revs up for u (also use a funnel)
                          4. use about 2/3 of the bottle shut off the car pour the rest in through the oil cap then let the car sit for about 5-10 min
                          5. start the car its gonna smoke like hell and just rev it for a while eventually the smoke will go away

Its pretty easy just take off the brake booster hose and suck up about 2/3 or the can. then put the last 1/3 in the crank-case. Let it idle and rev it up to get it circulating then turn the motor off for 10 minutes. start it back up and it will smoke so bad you think your motor is blown. Its all good though, jus cleaning the carbon
                          Its for "Ls motor" But i think no difference

Oh and this
                          EVERYONE who does this. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE remember to change your oil soon after it has been done. Otherwise you will be driving with very thin oil in your car
                          Last edited by keycb7; 07-08-2008, 03:26 AM. Reason: Add

Comment

IF heard of cars having new problems because of this. i did it to my accord too.

Comment

i poured it through a tube strait down the intake manfold. i measured out the exact amount it specified to make sure. ive used it on my 93 accord twice, a 97 accord, a 2001 accord, a 2000 neon, a dodge ram, and a 2003 grand cherokee. and in my lawn mower. lol. no problems from any of them. but if my lawn mower dies i'll let ya know.
                              Click to see ride.↓↓

Comment

Working...
                              X