Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 wont start-winds over fine(plz read inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 wont start-winds over fine(plz read inside)

Alright well I bought a nice brown 90 4dr EX auto and Ive since put the dizzy from my EX-R on which works fine and that was not the prob. I replaced the main relay and nothing there. There fule at the fule rail but I have yet to check the injectors to see if there getting a signal. I even thought I just mite have not tightend the gas cap when I put gas in it(This car was sitting for about 3 months with no gas in it in cold weather) The owner said it ran and was surprised we couldnt get it going, but I didnt really care I fiugerd it was somthign stupid if it would crank over very nicely but not fire. Anyway for 200 bucks its a nice little car, and I have a 91 Lx I scraped for all my parts. So today I took a look at the codes it was throwing, a 10 and then a 4,
    long flash and the 4 short. So would the crank sensor cauz it not to fire? Also where is this located , And whats to changing them out. Tommorow I plan on throing in a set of Iridums I have here and a new wire set. Also the #4 cel code whats this error and how can I fix the Air thing lol, I actually havent listend to the fule pump yet but I think its fine, Or a code would be coming up

Any help ppl its cold down here So I hate doing things and it not solving the problem.,I would enjoy it alore more if I had a garage lol Also this car has sport shift and when I put a switch on the ECU plug to cross it over thats what was throwing the codes not the cel or D4,and I geuss its 91- so it has a viewing hole for the ECU red led which throws the codes.

You sure it wasnt just a 14? If its been sitting for a while I with no gas prob take a while to go. YOu at least fill her up? but the crank sensor is inside the distributor.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

A long and four short is a code 14 which is the IAC valve. That would not cause a no start. Did you have a good pressure at the fuel rail? Do you have spark to the plugs?

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

Just a FYI...95 and older Hondas don't have a crank sensor. However there is a cam sensor inside the distributor.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

ok so It must be that code bc it was 1 long and 4 short, I have an extra auto and 5spd IAC so I can try the auto one see if it clears.But that doesnt solve my starting problem. I havent checked for spark I was going to put in my Iridums tommorow and buy new wires see how that went. As for fule I honeslty put like 10 bucks in it , I did take the bolt out of the fule rail where the line goes in and there was fule., Dont know about pressure. I havent tried my other auto ECU and I really havent listend for the fule pump but it seems to have fule on the rail and its not throwing that code. I swaped in my working dizzy for the old one, but the old one mite be fine.I have a new cap n rotor on my good one as well.and it worked in my EXR when i took it out. The car cranks over but wont fire not even for a second

Comment

Bump

Any help plz lol, Id like to get the car going asap ...And id like to order any parts I may need today

Comment

this is really fucking stupid to ask but you got the firing order correct?

so you replaced:
              -Distributor internals
              -main relay

correct?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I know the fireing order like the back of my hand.....it wouldnt sound rite at all if I had it wrong either. So why do you think I need a full tank of gas as well.....thats a few trips to the gas station with a jerry can lol. Im goin to put in a bit more gas and new plugs, and going to buy new wires today.,Also b4 I ever touched the dizzy it wouldnt fire on the proper order so, comon im surprised no one knows this problem or has had it themselves.Somhow I dont lol, Ive seen somone post up about there fule rail not being plugged in so im going to check that....can my computer still throw codes if thats the problem?

Comment

Fuel Rail not plugged in? 10 bucks should be sufficient as long as the dial is not on empty. When you take out your plugs do you smell fuel?

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Timing belt snapped?

Comment

havent checked the plugs im going to put them in now...and I havent inspected the timing belt ither....I really dont feel like doing that out in the snow lol

Comment

Alright So I changed the plugs out......retards had champions in there lol, so I threw in NGK iridiums and a new set of wires and put the gel on them. The old ones were missing one of the rubber seats around the spark plug end in cyl 1. I didnt get a chance to check for the timing belt but I will tommorow. The spark plugs seemed to be ok, There was a small amount of yellowness in spots on them but it seemed to be just like the stuff that fourms around harnesses, my noise was to cold to work to tell if it was gas(i fiugerd if they were coated in gas theyd stink and it would be visable in the plug slot and on the plugs). Anyway now for kicks I looked to see if it was still throwing the same codes and it just flashes once thats it. But still turns over like it did b4

Comment

i had the problem before where it would turn over and no start.

i just replaced it wth a working dizzy and it fired right up.
                          it was sitting for 3 weeks kinda liek in ur situation.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

the easiest way to check the timing belt is to take the dizzy cap off and have someone turn the car over while you watch. if the rotor dosent turn then the timing belt is broken. if you check the timing belt itself and its intact, them it is most likely going to be a broken camshaft. i had that problem. replaced the cylender head and the dizzy. now, im not getting any spark as well. ive done everything but swap the ecu, which is my next step. i have one on the way. let me know if you find out what the problem is with yours.
                            Sig removed due to excessive size

Comment

I had the same problems, if you are getting fuel and it seems it wants to crank over but doesnt, could be your distributor. It could just be the timing is off too.

Comment

Working...
                              X