Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Drum Brake Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    It's really hard.
    Really?
    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Well, given that "hard" is 100&#37; subjective, and I don't know your technical abilities... I can only assume that if you are inclined to ask "how hard", that it's likely too hard.

You'd be better off looking up the process to see how it is done, and judge for yourself by your knowledge of your own abilities whether or not it's something you're capable of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        Wagner Thermoquiets are one of the best.

My work does brake testing for manufacturers and Federal Mogul friction material is the top almost every time.

We tested Napa, Duralast, and all the other parts stores brands.

You can find them at Orielly auto parts stores
        I'll try to find some of those then!
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I've always used OEM shoes. I just replaced them on my 90 LX for just the second time (I think) in 331,000 miles. Still running the original drums to the best of my knowledge as well.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            I've always used OEM shoes. I just replaced them on my 90 LX for just the second time (I think) in 331,000 miles. Still running the original drums to the best of my knowledge as well.
            Where would I get oem shoes?
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Honda

Comment

Honda
                Honda still makes stuff for CB7s?
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

How else would people be using OEM replacement parts?

Comment

How else would people be using OEM replacement parts?
                    I have no idea!

Won't Honda oems be pretty expensive?
                    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      I have no idea!

I was going to say OEM also..look how long the originals lasted

42.56 a side

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...AKE+%28DRUM%29

Comment

When it comes to stuff that keeps you in control of your car, it's always better to pay for quality.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                          I have no idea!

When they last over 150,000 miles, it costs less in the long run and you don't have to spend a lot of time replacing multiple sets of cheap ones (assuming you keep a car forever like I do). I routinely get about 90,000 miles out of a set of OEM front pads. I didn't need to replace the front rotors on my 90 until 270,000 miles.
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                            When they last over 150,000 miles, it costs less in the long run and you don't have to spend a lot of time replacing multiple sets of cheap ones (assuming you keep a car forever like I do). I routinely get about 90,000 miles out of a set of OEM front pads. I didn't need to replace the front rotors on my 90 until 270,000 miles.
                            Right... But I don't think have the money for that right now... I'm just trying to get this thing on the road

I have to replace brake hoses as well, and replace my headlights and hood..
                            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                            X