Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Avital 5303L, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avital 5303L, help

I need help. Before I got my CB it had an Avital 5303L security system in it. While my brother was using the car the alarm system started acting up, thought the brain was going bad, so he cut some wires and took the brain and remote starter module out.
    I don't have the brain anymore and I am having a hard time in finding a replacement brain for the 5303 but I found a 5305L system for kind of cheap ($72). I am hoping that I can just use the brain module from the 5305, along with the pager and possibly still use my 5303 pager as a secondary, and use the already existing wires to run everything else that's already hooked up in the car. Do you think that is possible? Has anyone, here, had experience with such a task? Can I use a 5305 brain module with 5303 wires and equipment?

I have called my local auto electronics shops and their "experts" don't seem to know jack s*** I called Direct Electronics and they send me to my local installers. Maybe I'll just have to try wiring a new brain up and if it won't work then I'll install the 5305, myself.

Thanks!

You need to ask Avital. Generally speaking they release different model numbers as the product has been changed / enhanced. It may work but the new features of the latest model will not. But there could also be a wire mismatch. Call, email Avital and ask them or just buy the unit and try it.

Comment

Working...
    X